Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

They should. Accountability is important. Hold team's accountable.

On the same token, the players also need to be held accountable.

And it shouldn't always result in firings. It should be quality feedback for improvement. 

I’m with you, accountability opportunity for NFL teams in some respects. This has opportunity to trend into discussion about principles and maybe even values. 

Lol… I bet some teams are like, that organization is providing players what now—damn it. Good for players, getting free accommodations fans will support 100%. The next week the same fan will applaud the head coach for taking out ping pong tables in the locker room. 

It’s an interesting discussion as I give more thought, because the NFL shield is basically the federal government and the teams are states. They all belong to the shield but face very different circumstances and as a result must operate differently. No way absolving Dan or any owner from justified criticism, but should organizations all be judged the same way? I don’t know really to stand on anything firm at this point in time. 

3 hours ago, samy316 said:

They definitely should.  This is a clear picture of which teams in the NFL care about their players, and which ones need to do more. 

I don’t agree with this logic. 

I speculate this list will fluctuate year to year with many lacking reasoning or rationale behind it. Maybe I’m wrong, it’s new information so time will tell. Being dead last isn’t a good look though, I’ll grant you that. 

It's a wonder that T-Mac and Jon Allen even re-signed with us at all. 

This is the silly stuff that somehow gets pushed aside here and is allowed be taken as truth.

Terry was fortunate to come to Washington and I assume will be forever grateful. The Washington organization provided him an opportunity to be a day 1 starter and featured in an offense throughout his rookie contract as 3rd round pick, resulting in a contract that will give him and his family generational wealth. I don’t think many realize how many WRs would’ve done anything to have similar opportunity—no way saying Terry didn’t earn it. 

The number 1 goal above anything and everything for the player is to secure wealth everything else is a distant second. 

If people weren't sure why we can't attract FA's anymore, look no further than this report card.  The owner and FO are obvious reasons as to why we can't attract quality talent to come here to DC, but all the other things that matter to team culture (travel, hotels, food, training departments and flights) are a clear window into how you will be treated as a player on a team.  We rank dead last in almost every category that matters.  Can you imagine a prospective FA being contacted by Washington, and coming to Ashburn to tour the facility?  What a nightmare.  This team has to seriously overpay FA's for them to even consider coming here.  What stings even more, is the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants all rank highly on this report card.  Those teams care about their talent, and will invest in their facilities to give their players everything that they need.  Those teams are the Ritz-Carlton, and we're the run-down, roach-infested Motel 6.

Yawn, this over dramatization of what the situation really is. This “if all things are equal argument” is incredibly fickle and from my current point of view lacks any real substance. Sure, reports generally 2-3 teams at the end are usually in the mix to sign a player and in the 12th hour it’s usually money 1st and trusting the staff to allow the player to continue to make plays 2nd that gets the signature. 

With all that said, why not improve in these areas if a team can. 

Edited by wit33

It’s not just players. There’s a ton of staff that work in these facilities.

and there’s no reason to believe that snyder ran the football specific stuff so extraordinarily poorly, and didn’t also run the non-football stuff the same way. 

the difference is the non-football people aren’t getting paid millions to not care about showers not draining and a lack of hot water. 

it shouldn’t be a surprise but when you treat people like garbage and make them work on crappy environments, you’re gonna have turnover issues, issues keeping and attracting talent, and the effects ripple through the organization

this is how we get ****ty rebranding. Awful ticket account staff. Awful messaging to the public. Constant missteps. 

people good enough to do these jobs correctly, cost too much and/or have other options than to work for a jerk in his ****ty environments. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s not just players. There’s a ton of staff that work in these facilities.

and there’s no reason to believe that snyder ran the football specific stuff so extraordinarily poorly, and didn’t also run the non-football stuff the same way. 

the difference is the non-football people aren’t getting paid millions to not care about showers not draining and a lack of hot water. 

it shouldn’t be a surprise but when you treat people like garbage and make them work on crappy environments, you’re gonna have turnover issues, issues keeping and attracting talent, and the effects ripple through the organization

this is how we get ****ty rebranding. Awful ticket account staff. Awful messaging to the public. Constant missteps. 

people good enough to do these jobs correctly, cost too much and/or have other options than to work for a jerk in his ****ty environments. 

Maybe it's implied in your post...but not only will you get turnover, but you'll get shoddy effort while those people are there. Even if they are good people. Most of us have worked for ****ty bosses or ****ty companies. It demotivates you. It's hard to give a **** when everything around you sucks. So, the quality from even normally very high-performing people suffers. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Maybe it's implied in your post...but not only will you get turnover, but you'll get shoddy effort while those people are there. Even if they are good people. Most of us have worked for ****ty bosses or ****ty companies. It demotivates you. It's hard to give a **** when everything around you sucks. So, the quality from even normally very high-performing people suffers. 

Yeah, the only ones who would tolerate that kind of treatment are those who couldn't get a job without that treatment. That necessarily means it's not going to be top-flight guys.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There’s no IF, due to profit sharing- all of these teams print money.

Are all PnLs the same for each team? I wonder if each team has different obligations depending state, stadium deal, taxes, or maintenance or the many other things that I’m sure are way above my exposure. 

What if an owner does use profits for self is this now bad? I’m not sure where I stand. Sure, selfishly as a fan I want an owner who scoffs at $50mil or whatever in profit sharing and puts all back into the franchise, but is this realistic. What’s the norm? 

What if an owner pays a premium for coaches and front office but is cheaper with accommodations for players when comparing against rest of league. 

Bigger scope, Dan is a poor owner—I’m not refuting this. Just to be clear lol

Witt just got a ban for getting off football and into tailgate turf. Don't respond to the offending post. And it's on you to figure out which post/ comments were the issue. I don't have time to edit right now.

A friendly Friday reminder that everything Dan Snyder has touched has turned to absolute ****.  He's ****ed up theme parks, hamburgers and football teams, things people willingly throw money at without thinking twice.  It takes a special type of talent to be that ****ing terrible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

A friendly Friday reminder that everything Dan Snyder has touched has turned to absolute ****.  He's ****ed up theme parks, hamburgers and football teams, things people willingly throw money at without thinking twice.  It takes a special type of talent to be that ****ing terrible.

Wow, I really never thought of it that way...but you're right! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CommDownMan said:

Dan synder has ****ed things up so bad,  we're all rooting for Jerry ****ing Jones.   What a world. 

Also quasi thankful of Bruce and the emails that shined a light on things after the initial wave of sexual misconduct that seemed to be in the rearview mirror. Had Bruce just thanked Dan on his way out, Dan may have never leaked the emails. 

Quite a world indeed. 

The sale of the Washington Commanders remained in a stalemate this week, a lull in activity that came amid more damaging headlines for owner Dan Snyder. 

Sources told Front Office Sports that there are multiple factors as to why the process that just a week ago seemed to be coming to a crescendo has stalled. One source laid out the biggest: Jeff Bezos.

The will-he-or-won’t-he intrigue over when — or even if — the Amazon founder will make a move had led to some paralysis among the others interested in acquiring the Commanders, which have been on the market since November. 

And there are other factors:

• The financials for the Commanders that have been reviewed by those interested in acquiring the team paint a fairly bleak picture. The Commanders — which were among the most profitable franchises in the NFL when Snyder purchased the team in 1999 — are at or near the bottom in multiple categories from ticket to merchandise revenue. 
  • The cost of a new stadium is expected to be at least $3 billion. The NFL’s G-4 loan program maxes out at $200 million and without certainty of public financing, so the next owner will have to foot a major chunk of construction.  
  • The NFL’s biggest revenue stream — media rights — are locked in for the next decade, the last coming with YouTubeTV’s deal to take over NFL Sunday Ticket. While they are worth well north of $100 billion, there’s no guarantee about what the TV landscape will look like beyond 2033. 

Meanwhile, the recent reports about Snyder haven’t exactly led to confidence in the bidding process. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Time to focus on the offseason- free agency and draft.  The ownership change will happen when it happens but it’s pretty clear it will be later when it happens.  Late Spring/ Early Summer seems most likely; well after main free agency and draft.

So, Ron and co. Will be in charge and this offseason will determine if it’s their last or not.

• Sad 1

Dan's ****ed up this franchise so bad - run it into the ground so far it's come out the other end of the planet - that hardly anyone can likely afford to buy it except for the third richest person in the world.  

I don't think Harris has the money to fund all that is needed.  

Dan has cursed us all.  

swerk GIF

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Dan's ****ed up this franchise so bad - run it into the ground so far it's come out the other end of the planet - that hardly anyone can likely afford to buy it except for the third richest person in the world.  

I don't think Harris has the money to fund all that is needed.  

Dan has cursed us all.  

swerk GIF

It’s what he does. Takes a good thing and ruins it. He has the Midas  touch, except that instead of gold it’s 💩.

• Sad 2
  • Thumb up 2

Our market...a Value based on..

a dominant nfc east from the 1970-90s

a dc team that didnt have the ravens or the panthers

Why do people say  we have such a "great market"? DC is such a transient town. We are barely holding onto VA and 3/4 of their blasphemous population are cowboys fans because of the devils mid 90s super bowls.

DC market is ****. VA is your market and they are hanging on by a thread

Edited by dunfer
  • Thumb down 3