Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Why do people say  we have such a "great market"? DC is such a transient town.

DC is a great market.

Split by TV market (The biggest source of the NFLs money) it is massive, top 10 in size.

Its also wealthy, a lot of money flows thru here.

Capable of supporting all 5 major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS)

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

DC is a great market.

Split by TV market (The biggest source of the NFLs money) it is massive, top 10 in size.

Its also wealthy, a lot of money flows thru here.

One of few areas capable of supporting all 5 major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS)

i dont think people buying tickets to see a game is a necessity in the nfl,mlb or nba anymore. At least in the nfl....tv $ is whats important

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Than the best place possible to have an NFL team would be in the biggest TV markets. Such as DC.

yeah everyone wants to tune into a commanders game.,,,because they sure as hell couldnt get a hold of the coveted tickets to see it live

• Haha 2

Ok, been on painkillers because of acute pancreatitis (top 10 most painful conditions) so sorry in advance BUT, at some point had a thought:

what happens if the papers get signed by prospective buyer and then he has a debilitating medical condition?  IE:  heart attack, car accident, aneurysm, etc.

19 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Ok, been on painkillers because of acute pancreatitis (top 10 most painful conditions) so sorry in advance BUT, at some point had a thought:

what happens if the papers get signed by prospective buyer and then he has a debilitating medical condition?  IE:  heart attack, car accident, aneurysm, etc.

I would assume that his spouse could make the decision if he's incapacitated.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

👀👀👀👀

I’ve been posting stupidly about this for ages lol, it was always my #1 wish and underdog theory: that Snyder would be voted out, the league as a whole would buy him out to get his name out of the headlines as soon as possible, and then steward the team until they re-sell it to whoever the new owner is. But the reasoning behind that theory was always the idea that it would get bad enough with Snyder that they’d want him out of the public spotlight ASAP, to give the perception that they were finally *doing something* about his reign of terror—and since for a while it looked like Snyder was going to slink off out of the league quietly with an easy voluntary sale, that whole thing seemed like it wouldn’t be necessary. Now things are heating up between he and the other owners again, maybe my theory is back on the table. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, dunfer said:

Our market...a Value based on..

a dominant nfc east from the 1970-90s

a dc team that didnt have the ravens or the panthers

Why do people say  we have such a "great market"? DC is such a transient town. We are barely holding onto VA and 3/4 of their blasphemous population are cowboys fans because of the devils mid 90s super bowls.

DC market is ****. VA is your market and they are hanging on by a thread

You're conflating the current audience of people who watch the Commanders (which is small, and angry) with the potential of the television market of the area itself (there are a ton of eyeballs, and they could probably be convinced to tune back in if Snyder went bye bye)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TV landscape is changing.  By the time it’s time for new tv deals in the early 30’s; expect a different tv landscape.

The traditional broadcast networks might not even be around by then, at least as it’s currently constituted.  Think everything will be streaming only.

8 hours ago, dunfer said:

i dont think people buying tickets to see a game is a necessity in the nfl,mlb or nba anymore. At least in the nfl....tv $ is whats important

I have to disagree here, empty stadiums are bad looks for any sports. Especially on TV.

• Like 1

I actually love that these stoires, especially AJ Perez and WP are getting under his skin, it's a good sign IMO.   

Just a spitball guess based on Dan's history.  And granted its an optimistic one and I do want to be optimistic.

A.  Do I think Dan is purposely stalling the sale and telling people he might not sell?  Yes.

B.  Do I think Dan genuinely doesn't want to sell to Bezos?  Yes.  too many people say this is the case including beat writers I trust.

C.  Do I think the league is genuinely pissed about this and is pushing to ramp up the heat?  yes.

That's the gist of the WP and Perez angles and its interesting to me that Dan feels compelled to respond.

In short, I do think while A, B, C are true its just posturing-negotiation tactic from Dan.  Dan likes to adopt 3rd grade level, transparent as heck negotiation styles from what we've seen over the years, often it becomes immature (see the Trent and Kirk negotiation played out over the media) and silly.  And Dan does this all while thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

But what the WP and Perez are doing to Dan is they are laying out worse case sceanrio about the negotiating in a way to embarass Dan, and I am sure it's driving him nuts. 

A.  Dan's stalling smokes out that the league will vote him out and the embarassment of that 

B.  It brings up the scandals and how Dan wants them buried

C. Its given them more time to lay him out with new stories to bury him

D.  If he ends up selling to Bezos, these stories make it more embarassing to him if that's the outcome considering they come off like he was forced to do that and the very newspaper that he hates (and Bezos owns) is riding him hard right to the end.

My guess is Dan is just playing amateur negotiator.  He's amateur time on eveything.  I do think in the end he is willing to sell to Bezos and will sell soon.  But he decided to play this game and naturally like everything else he does its backfiring.  It's not that i don't believe he doesn't want to sell to Bezos.  It's that the offers won't be equal.  Bezos is more likely to meet his asking price and the owners will ramp up pressure on him to take it.  

As fans its a weird place to be.  We are rooting for the douche to negotiate in the right way.  We want Dan to win here because we want him out.  Get the best deal and get the heck out of here.  Instead we are watching round 1000 of him flubbing something in a big way and in this case it bothers us because his win here is our win.  So watching this all unfold brings a lot of cognitive dissonance for me.  In one regard, I want Dan to kick butt for a change and do something smoothly without his dysfunction weighing in.  In another regard if he makes it ugly, as long as the sale happens it brings home even more how sweet the victory is.

As I've said many times, Dan brings home how much he sucks as a owner by how he even handles his own survival.   His instincts are beyond awful,  And its no mystery why we've never won more than 10 games with him at the helm or even had two good seasons in a row.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I actually love that these stoires, especially AJ Perez and WP are getting under his skin, it's a good sign IMO.   

Just a spitball guess based on Dan's history.  And granted its an optimistic one and I do want to be optimistic.

A.  Do I think Dan is purposely stalling the sale and telling people he might not sell?  Yes.

B.  Do I think Dan genuinely doesn't want to sell to Berzos?  Yes.  too many people say this is the case including beat writers I trust.

C.  Do I think the league is genuinely pissed about this and is pushing to ramp up the heat?  yes.

That's the gist of the WP anf Perez angles and its interesting to me that Dan feels compelled to respond.

In short, I do think while A, B, C are true its just posturing-negotiation tactic from Dan.  Dan looks to adopt 3rd grade level, transparent as heck negotiation style from what we've seen over the years, often it becomes immature (see the Trent and Kirk negotiation played out over the media) and silly.  And Dan does this all while thinking he's the smartest guy in the room.

But what the WP and Perez are doing to Dan is they are laying out worse case sceanrio about the negotiating in a way to embarass Dan, and I am sure it's driving him nuts. 

A.  Dan's stalling smokes out that the league will vote him out and the embrassment of that 

B.  It brings up the scandals and how Dan wants them buried

C. Its given them more time to lay him out with new stories to bury him

D.  If he ends up selling to Bezos, these stories make it more embarassing to him if that's the outcome considering they come off like he was forced to do that and the very newspaper that he hates (and Bezos owns) is riding him hard right to the end.

My guess is Dan is just playing amateur negotiator.  He's amatuer time on eveything.  I do think in the end he is willing to sell to Bezos and will sell soon.  But he decided to play this game and naturally like everything else he does its backfiring.  It's not that i don't believe he doesn't want to sell to Bezos.  It's that the offers won't be equal.  Bezos is more likely to meet his asking price and the owners will ramp up pressure on him to take it.  

As fans its a weird place to be.  We are rooting for the douche to negotiate in the right way.  We want Dan to win here because we want him out.  Get the best deal and get the heck out of here.  Instead we are watching round 1000 of him flubbing something in a big way and in this case it bothers us because his win here is our win.  So watching this all unfold brings a lot of cognitive dissonance for me.  In one regard, I want Dan to kick butt for a change and do something smoothly without his dysfunction weighing in.  In another regard if he makes it ugly, as long as the sale happens it brings home even more how sweet the victory is.

As I've said many times, Dan brings home how much he sucks as a owner by how he even handles his own survival.   His instincts are beyond awful,  And its no mystery why we've never won more than 10 games with him at the helm or even had two good seasons in a row.

This sums up this bizarre dichotomy so perfectly well, my friend.  So ready for this to end in a fizzle of glory.

• Like 1

I bet Snyder in particular hates Perez because he was the same dude who shot down Dan's initial BS story leaked to Forbes about how he has offers well north of 7 billion.

But I bet this story takes the cake with Dan which is the owners might remove him anyway so you can get the team on a fire sale.

Basically this turns Dan's negotiation playing hard to get tactic on its head -- and switching the leverage to the buyers.

True or not, I got no idea, but at a minimum we know these stories are getting under Dan's skin.     And if Dan believes these stories it will ramp pressure on him to make a deal before the owners meeting.

Basically by dragging this out it feels like his leverage has decreased and not gotten better.  What a shocker, Dan's instincts-tactics backfiring.  I've used this analogy a zillion times with him -- the George Constanza do the opposite episiode.  Dan shouild just do the opposite of what his instinct is, he'd have a better shot.

By letting it drag out, whether the stories or true or not, Dan basically will always now have the overhang that he sold under pressure of being the first owner being voted out.  And while that story was always hanging out there -- there was much more uncertainty about it previously-- now it feels like most expect that as the outcome if he decides to test this.  He also by waiting got all these new stories about why he's a crap owner.   

Dan, the Bond villain, true to form is going out in a blaze of glory amplifying why he's a villain right to the bitter end.  

So in my view all of this is good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

While I think the league voting Dan out and this turning into a fire sale is the least likely outcome for two reasons.

A.  More messy for the league and they don't want to set the precedent

B.  Dan would be a fool to push it to the brink like that because he doesn't have to.

Whenever I think Dan is stupid but probably not this level stupid, he usually shows that yeah he is that level stupid.

But my guess is Jerry Jones helps save this.  Jerry isn't stupid unlike his pal Dan and I think he likes staves this off. 

As far as Dan's potential legal issues, in his shoes it would make me much more inclined to sale.  I've seen in my line of work public officials investigated and in short they are much fatter targets when they are public.  At a minimum, few will give a rats behind about Dan's legal issues if he's not the owner of a team who is despised by millions who want him gone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Clearly Goodell didn't want to mess with Dan and wanted to sweep this stuff under the rug.  

The gloves are off now, clearly they hit a breaking point and switched gears.  The Bruce Allen email leaks maybe?

Neil in Rockville might be on to something.  If the NFL had removed Snyder after Wilkinson’s investigation, it might have then come out that Roger approved the loan.  The Powers that Be might have then decided it was better to have an oral report and just sweep it under the rug.  

It makes sense they would think that way, even if we in Washington all knew that with Snyder there would always be some new problem.  Sally Jenkins said on G&D this week the key owners buried it because they might also have sexual harassment in their buildings or have eventual issues with minority partners, and wouldn’t want the same risk of being voted out. 

I agree with you that once the Gruden emails were released, the NFL probably finally figured out this problem wasn’t going away and would continue to explode.

One thing with which I’m struggling, the ESPN story obviously hurts Snyder, but makes Roger look bad too.  Would he have authorized the leak to show the other primary owners just how far he’ll go to the mat for them (worth it to put the pressure on Dan).  Or did someone else in the league leak it, not caring if Roger got caught in the cross fire?

11 hours ago, Redwards said:

Dan's ****ed up this franchise so bad - run it into the ground so far it's come out the other end of the planet - that hardly anyone can likely afford to buy it except for the third richest person in the world.  

I don't think Harris has the money to fund all that is needed.  

Dan has cursed us all.  

He truly took over one of the revered professional sports organizations, stripped it down for everything it's worth, slowly removed its heart, soul, and all that was lovable and endearing about it, and left it an empty shell of what it was. And what's worse, that empty shell is now branded differently, with only some derivative of the color scheme and the proud history remaining. 

kyle broflovski book GIF by South Park

• Sad 2