Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, dunfer said:

Our market...a Value based on..

a dominant nfc east from the 1970-90s

a dc team that didnt have the ravens or the panthers

Why do people say  we have such a "great market"? DC is such a transient town. We are barely holding onto VA and 3/4 of their blasphemous population are cowboys fans because of the devils mid 90s super bowls.

DC market is ****. VA is your market and they are hanging on by a thread

DC isn't even a top 10 transient town.

Minneapolis and Seattle are ahead of of us and they have great fanbases.

https://constructioncoverage.com/research/most-transient-us-cities

In fact they are 1 and 2.

I moved to Seattle just as they were getting good with Holmgren et al. I was in my mid twenties and made friends with a lot of other transients. A LOT of them became Seattle fans, some, like myself, stayed rooting for their home team. My best friend is a Patriots fan at heart but had season tickets to the Seahawks and would tailgate every weekend.

Winning can sway people. There are plenty of people out there that will jump on a bandwagon but you need to be GOOD.

We have the raw numbers to support a GOOD team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

DC is a great market.

Split by TV market (The biggest source of the NFLs money) it is massive, top 10 in size.

Its also wealthy, a lot of money flows thru here.

Capable of supporting all 5 major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS)

Agreed. Though it's transient for sure...the wealth and population alone means that any sports teams should thrive here financially. That doesn't mean that passion run as deep as other places where you'll get more cases of generational fans with established roots. It'll take success like the Redskins had in the 70s and 80s or the Caps had recently to garner that kind of passion and following. 

But, any owner who knows what he or she is doing should make a killing in this town. That's one of the key reasons the NFL should be so annoyed with Snyder...he never optimized the market he bought into. Smaller markets are outperforming his. The NFL isn't much different than a company with 32 branches across the country selling something. Where you sell your product has a lot to do with what your partners expect and Snyder has been letting his partners down almost since day 1. Even though he has the shared revenue propping him up so he'll never truly go under...what a failure he's been. 

And that doesn't even broach the topic of ALL the unethical, probably illegal, and gross misconduct he's been accused of...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dunfer said:

Our market...a Value based on..

a dominant nfc east from the 1970-90s

a dc team that didnt have the ravens or the panthers

Why do people say  we have such a "great market"? DC is such a transient town. We are barely holding onto VA and 3/4 of their blasphemous population are cowboys fans because of the devils mid 90s super bowls.

DC market is ****. VA is your market and they are hanging on by a thread

This is not true at all. The past 30 years have significantly dampened passion for the team, but it’s still surprisingly resilient despite Snyder doing everything he can to destroy it. The last decade especially has taken its toll, but if you went to a game as recently as 2012 the stadium was rocking.

3/4 of VA’s “blasphemous” population is not Cowboys fans, and I see less of them every year. I think the Cowboys’ mediocrity is taking a toll on their national fan base as well.

As far as the market goes, northern VA has a large population with some of the richest and most powerful counties in the nation. Add Maryland’s population to the north and a good team that’s fun to root for has a great opportunity to make a lot of money here. 

• Like 1

The problem the team has is it lost an entire generation.  So many young fans didn't follow their parents passion and found other teams.  A 20 year old probably already has his/her team and no amount of winning will make that change.  The immediate impact will be a boost for sure but it will take a long time before it gets back to where it once was, if that even ever happens.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The problem the team has is it lost an entire generation.  So many young fans didn't follow their parents passion and found other teams.  A 20 year old probably already has his/her team and no amount of winning will make that change.  The immediate impact will be a boost for sure but it will take a long time before it gets back to where it once was, if that even ever happens.  

Oh yeah, it will probably take at least a full decade of consistent success just to lay a solid foundation to build off of. We’re talking probably another 20 to 30 years to get it back to where it once was. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yep. Good thing is that a organization built properly can have enough leadership to focus on both the product on the field, and branding off the field. For branding, flushing everything Dan and Tanya asap would be a good first step. Invest in engagement. Basically give to the fans without asking if anything in return. Have groups of players show up at HS sporting events to support kids teams. **** like that goes a far way 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The team has been mostly a consistent loser for over  30 years. You’ve lost a generation of fans. 

For the new owner to be successful long term, he’s going to need a consistent winning team. He’s going to need a team that will draw in a new generation of fans.

Synder is a malignant narcissist. Those type of people who run businesses tend to do more harm than good. Everything Dan has done from Day 1 has hurt this team.

If this was a normal runned team up for sale; they could probably sell it for 7-8 Billion.

Dan will leave an infamous legacy. The destruction of the Washington brand. There will be classes on what he did wrong. As an example of what not to do. His legacy to his kids.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yep. Good thing is that a organization built properly can have enough leadership to focus on both the product on the field, and branding off the field. For branding, flushing everything Dan and Tanya asap would be a good first step. Invest in engagement. Basically give to the fans without asking if anything in return. Have groups of players show up at HS sporting events to support kids teams. **** like that goes a far way 

Go grass roots. Reconnect with your local community/businesses. Be accessible. 

• Like 2

Why we want Bezos?  He has the money to do a complete rebuild of the brand. He will do things that have never been done before; to give his fans a unique game experience.  He will be setting a new trend that other nfl teams will follow.

I do think he will be another Jerry Jones in shaking up the nfl ways of doing things.

Anyone else as owner probably can’t do what Bezos can do.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Go grass roots. Reconnect with your local community/businesses. Be accessible. 

Yep. Get out there. Not to record yourself and post. But for when the WRs show up together at a HS game and talk to both squads for kickoff. The. Gives both teams a bunch of something small like gloves or whatever. Leave them with a few pointers, and an memento that makes those kids lifelong fans. 

That **** will go viral if the team itself doesn't focus in themselves. 

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I do think he will be another Jerry Jones in shaking up the nfl ways of doing things.

Jones is Owner, GM, Executive Head Coach, Team Doctor, and Press Secretary. 

Bezos is a CEO. He hires people to do all those roles and shows up for big moments. 

With all his other business, I wonder how much daily work he wants to do himself while living here most of the time. Spending the week globetrotting and showing up in Sunday for the game seems more his style. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Brian Mitchell said it best when it comes to this team. Sometimes it's best to just stfu, you don't have to send out some rushed press release to every damn story about you!

When you are in a hole, stop digging but Dan cant help himself.  I think a lot of it is in his own little mind the thinks he's smarter and more clever than everyone else -- but the joke is really on him because the truth is the opposite. 

I doubt we'd be in this place where he's selling, if Dan didn't make a series of moves, true to form, that have boomeranged on him.  Looks like he's going to run his self-destructive script right to the bitter end.

Of all things, I want to see a parade for this reason alone -- I cannot envision a more fitting humuliation end to any tenure.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yep. Get out there. Not to record yourself and post. But for when the WRs show up together at a HS game and talk to both squads for kickoff. The. Gives both teams a bunch of something small like gloves or whatever. Leave them with a few pointers, and an memento that makes those kids lifelong fans. 

That **** will go viral if the team itself doesn't focus in themselves. 

Jones is Owner, GM, Executive Head Coach, Team Doctor, and Press Secretary. 

Bezos is a CEO. He hires people to do all those roles and shows up for big moments. 

With all his other business, I wonder how much daily work he wants to do himself while living here most of the time. Spending the week globetrotting and showing up in Sunday for the game seems more his style. 

Look at what Jerry did in the 90’s or pushed the nfl to do. It was Jerry that pushed the NFL to take Fox’s bid.

Jeff will want the nfl to do different things and shake things up.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Keim also posted in that thread he doesn’t think it will be Bezos unless he blows away another offer by a wide margin. 

Keim, Finlay, WP among others think Dan legit doesn't want to sell to Bezos.  

His issue though is if he is stuck on a price to sell and Bezos is the only one who meets it, he will likely get pressure from other owners -- and the other owners at least in theory have some leverage on Dan.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim, Finlay, WP among others think Dan legit doesn't want to sell to Bezos.  

His issue though is if he is stuck on a price to sell and Bezos is the only one who meets it, he will likely get pressure from other owners -- and the other owners at least in theory have some leverage on Dan.

Not based on anything other than my own opinion I think Bezos will throw fu money at it in the end and force Dan to sell reluctantly. He has gone on record saying that time is his most valuable asset because there is a limited amount of it. He also plans to give away most of his money in his lifetime. If overpaying gets him something he wants to do with his time left he will do it.  He spent 5,5 billion to spend a few minutes in space. I think he would be buying more for fun not as an investment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not based on anything other than my own opinion I think Bezos will throw fu money at it in the end and force Dan to sell reluctantly. He has gone on record saying that time is his most valuable asset because there is a limited amount of it. He also plans to give away most of his money in his lifetime. If overpaying gets him something he wants to do with his time left he will do it.  He spent 5,5 billion to spend a few minutes in space. I think he would be buying more for fun not as an investment. 

I'd guess it depends on what he's hearing about Seattle and the estate, etc.  Supposedly if he had to pick one, he'd pick Seattle but there are mixed reports as to when its available.

As for the sale, he's a smart dude negotiating with a mental midget like Dan so it should be interesting to see how it unfolds.  I am guessing that he would get a kick out of outwitting Dan somehow in the process.

If his bid is higher by enough of a margin I gather he might be able to get enough owners to pressure Dan to sell.

While its amusing that the WP is kicking Dan some more of late, I wonder if Dan thinks this is Bezos' doing to put pressure on him and it makes him more resistant.

As some who know Dan say, he's an unpredictable dude.  He can change opinions on a dime, and is really impulsive and emotional.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Look at what Jerry did in the 90’s or pushed the nfl to do. It was Jerry that pushed the NFL to take Fox’s bid.

Jeff will want the nfl to do different things and shake things up.

That's fine. Innovate the league, Jeff. In the 90s Jerry also wasn't building his roster. Jimmy was.... and they were winning. It was when he decided to do that also that titles stopped. 

• Like 2

Dan seems like exactly the kind of stooge who'd leave nearly a billion dollars on the table over a petty grudge. On the other hand, he's been using his "childhood favorite" team as a personal piggybank at the expense of the team's wellbeing, so who knows. It could just be a tactic to goad Bezos into paying more than he otherwise would. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We need a new owner who can also build the new stadium with his own money instead of foisting the cost on taxpayers whereever it's located. That will go a long way towards building credibility and excite the fanbase. It's going to be brutal if taxpayers are forced to subsidize a new stadium.  Also, maybe a new name, logo, and all the rest. Bezos is the only person who can do this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Keim's next podcast should be interesting.  He rarely guesses without there being something behind what he's saying.  For now, I take the point that he's heard there is a mysterious bidder or two.

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

I wonder how much influence Bank of America has in this sale. They may have as much leverage as anyone. Especially if Dan really does owe them a billion dollars. Would they allow Dan to accept a significantly less offer

I remember Warren Buffet once saying it was his dream to own this team or something along those lines.

His bank repossessing Snyder's assets could make that dream a reality. lol

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I remember Warren Buffet once saying it was his dream to own this team or something along those lines.

His bank repossessing Snyder's assets could make that dream a reality. lol

Wow ... what a dark horse Buffet would be if he entered the chat. 

For what it's worth, I don't think he ever said it was his dream to own the team, only that he was a ball boy for them as a kid and therefore had a soft spot for the team. I could be wrong, though.