Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess will see. Keim seemed to suggest don’t be surprised if the new owner is a dude we’ve not heard the name of yet as part of the process.

Or a rich lady???

Giselle????

52 minutes ago, Conn said:

He has been forced, just in slow motion and through financial mechanisms. 

Not to mention he's rumored to be 1 BILLION dollars in debt .....that number will force some things.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's 3 different points.

A.  Wanting a great owner

B.  Anybody but Dan is better

C.  Just because Dan is gone we are going to get better.

We all want the best owner of course.

Yeah the odds are almost 100% IMO that anyone but Dan is better.

Dan leaving doesn't guarantee results, indeed.  But him being here just about ensures we are on the same hamster wheel of mediocre to poor play.

Dan IMO isn't just a run of the mill bad owner as we know.  Yes there are pleny of other bad owners.  But Dan's dysfunction IMO puts him in another galaxy of bad.  It's like comparing an F student who ended with with a 58 average versus an F student who averaged a 2 out of 100.  Bad versus insanely bad.

This is a great post. I would add that points A, B, and C all serve different people too (some people care about 1 or more of them). For the people who are just focused on the football, it's more about A and C. For the people who have been focusing on the awful things Danny has done to the people he's employed, they care more about B. 

But you're right, it's a nuanced discussion that has multiple points and different outcomes will leave different people varying degrees of satisfied. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is a great post. I would add that points A, B, and C all serve different people too (some people care about 1 or more of them). For the people who are just focused on the football, it's more about A and C. For the people who have been focusing on the awful things Danny has done to the people he's employed, they care more about B. 

But you're right, it's a nuanced discussion that has multiple points and different outcomes will leave different people varying degrees of satisfied. 

Agree.  

In short, for me I don't think whomever our least favorite prospective owner is that the odds are good that they end up like another Dan Snyder.

Snyder is a unique piece of work with so many layers of why he sucks, its not just one.  Yes for example Jerry Jones interferes.  Yes Mike Brown is cheap.   Yes Haslam has some sleaze to him.  But Dan is the combination of the worst trait of everyone and is a 10 out of 10 bad on every count.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  

In short, for me I don't think whomever our least favorite prospective owner is that the odds are good that they end up like another Dan Snyder.

Snyder is a unique piece of work with so many layers of why he sucks, its not just one.  Yes for example Jerry Jones interferes.  Yes Mike Brown is cheap.   Yes Haslam has some sleaze to him.  But Dan is the combination of the worst trait of everyone and is a 10 out of 10 bad on every count.  

Exactly. Jones interferes and wants to run the show...but he knows football and runs a great organization. Everything is first-class. Mike Brown is cheap, but doesn't interfere and doesn't seem like perv. And on and on and on. 

Anyone who buys the team will be an upgrade. I am 100% confident of that. As you've said, nobody knows yet which area will be upgraded. Maybe the only place being upgraded is that employees won't be harassed and bullied and women won't need to fear that they'll be filmed nude, but the team will still struggle. To thousands of DC sports fans, that's a huge W. Maybe the team will be incredible again. Maybe all those things happen. But, we all know at least one of things will improve once he sells. It'll be a great day!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Exactly. Jones interferes and wants to run the show...but he knows football and runs a great organization. Everything is first-class. Mike Brown is cheap, but doesn't interfere and doesn't seem like perv. And on and on and on. 

Anyone who buys the team will be an upgrade. I am 100% confident of that. As you've said, nobody knows yet which area will be upgraded. Maybe the only place being upgraded is that employees won't be harassed and bullied and women won't need to fear that they'll be filmed nude, but the team will still struggle. To thousands of DC sports fans, that's a huge W. Maybe the team will be incredible again. Maybe all those things happen. But, we all know at least one of things will improve once he sells. It'll be a great day!

He doesn't communicate to fans.  We hear nothing from him.  Nothing about his vision, nada.  He not only doesn't have the money but he doesn't have the political connections that the typical owner does in his city so that hurts to land a stadium.   

He doesn't believe it matters who picks the groceries -- he doesn't care about hiring top flight FO people.  He's cheap on everything including his hires (not HCs but everyone else).  He's probably cheaper now than Cincy's Brown who previously had that title.  He interferes with everything.  And when he interferes his instincts are awful -- I think an ape can with random luck pick players better than Dan. 

He is a jock sniffer who wants to be buddies with his players.  He's by almost every account a total douche of an owner who treats people like crap.   Nothing is his fault -- culture of fear and scepgoating.  He never learns from his mistakes.  His side businesses are failures so he doesn't have the cash that some owners have.

Yet with all of that he exudes a culture that's oddly both smarmy and sleazy.   You'd think he have won 2 SBs let alone only 2 playoff games in his whole tenure.

Lets take Frettita who is my least favorite choice.   I have some of the same concerns that others do.  However, I watched a few of his interviews.  Unlike Dan, the dude comes off as having some charisma and people skills and is forthcoming.  He has successful businesses outside of sports.  His net worth is higher than Dan. 

Tough for me to think of another prospective owner as bad as Dan -- you have to be beyond abysmal level bad -- you have to be legendary level atrocious where if there was a Hall of Fame for the worst owners -- Dan would be like the Tom Brady of this, first ballot Hall of Famer, he'd get every vote. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's 3 different points.

A.  Wanting a great owner

B.  Anybody but Dan is better

C.  Just because Dan is gone we are going to get better.

We all want the best owner of course.

Yeah the odds are almost 100% IMO that anyone but Dan is better.

Dan leaving doesn't guarantee results, indeed.  But him being here just about ensures we are on the same hamster wheel of mediocre to poor play.

Dan IMO isn't just a run of the mill bad owner as we know.  Yes there are pleny of other bad owners.  But Dan's dysfunction IMO puts him in another galaxy of bad.  It's like comparing an F student who ended with with a 58 average versus an F student who averaged a 2 out of 100.  Bad versus insanely bad.

I know.  I agree.  

However, I've never said or intimated in any post ever that keeping Dan is good or that we could get a worse owner.  You literally cannot get a worse owner than Dan.  I think he's the worst owner of all time, and I'm serious about that.  We're dead as a franchise with him as owner.  Forever.

My point is that the professional sports world is littered with terrible teams that don't ever win much of anything by owners other than Dan Snyder.  It doesn't take a Dan Snyder-level of ownership hell to be a terrible organization.  He isn't the only bad guy out there.  He's the main villain for sure, but there are other thugs and villains lurking in the shadows, too.

Saying that we'd be better without Dan is, literally true, but in no way ensure's we'd be a reputable, winning organization again.  

Define "Better" in this case.  "Better" certainly doesn't mean not a terrible organization.  We can be better but still terrible.  It's going to take a great owner with major spending resources and a willingness to use them to resurrect this franchise.

So, yeah, I kinda shake my head when people make the comment, "Anyone but Dan".  "Anyone but Dan" doesn't necessarily deliver salvation.  Not that we as fans have one minute say in this matter, but if we did, you better believe we should be picky.  There are saviors out there for sure...but there are vultures as well.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I know.  I agree.  

However, I've never said or intimated in any post ever that keeping Dan is good or that we could get a worse owner.  You literally cannot get a worse owner than Dan.  I think he's the worst owner of all time, and I'm serious about that.  We're dead as a franchise with him as owner.  Forever.

My point is that the professional sports world is littered with terrible teams that don't ever win much of anything by owners other than Dan Snyder.  It doesn't take a Dan Snyder-level of ownership hell to be a terrible organization.  He isn't the only bad guy out there.  He's the main villain for sure, but there are other thugs and villains lurking in the shadows, too.

Saying that we'd be better without Dan is, literally true, but in no way ensure's we'd be a reputable, winning organization again.  

Define "Better" in this case.  "Better" certainly doesn't mean not a terrible organization.  We can be better but still terrible.  It's going to take a great owner with major spending resources and a willingness to use them to resurrect this franchise.

So, yeah, I kinda shake my head when people make the comment, "Anyone but Dan".  "Anyone but Dan" doesn't necessarily deliver salvation.  Not that we as fans have one minute say in this matter, but if we did, you better believe we should be picky.  There are saviors out there for sure...but there are vultures as well.  

I think you got a different angle on the same point, whicn is cool. 

The anyone but Dan makes all the sense in the world to me from the perspective that as you said it can't get worse. 

What triggered me on the point is a post (its not the first I've seen doing the same) calling so and so the next Dan Snyder.  I don't think its even remotely possible to get Dan Snyder Part 2.  He's so uniquely awful in so many ways that I think he's one of a kind.  And sounds like you agree with that.

I can't control of course who the next owner is.  i am going to celebrate whomever it is purely from the stand point that it's the end of Dan.

I've rooted for losing organizations for long spells.  i don't like it but its not the end of the world for me.  What makes the Dan Snyder era so beyond awful for me isn't the losing -- its the sleaze and embarassement for rooting for this team when having Darth Vadar at the helm.

A likeable owner who isn't the swiftest isn't the end of the world for me.    Bring some needed class and likeability to this organization is just as important to me as the winning.  What to me was tragic about Dan's tenure wasn't the losing but it was the losing with sleaze-arrogance. 

The sleaze-arrogance bothers me a lot more then the losing.  But that's me.  Just my version of fandom, we all got our thing, that's mine.   So for example when I watched Frettita, i liked the fact that i found him likeable even though he's not my top choice for this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think you got a different angle on the same point, whicn is cool. 

The anyone but Dan makes all the sense in the world to me from the perspective that as you said it can't get worse. 

What triggered me on the point is a post (its not the first I've seen doing the same) calling so and so the next Dan Snyder.  I don't think its even remotely possible to get Dan Snyder Part 2.  He's so uniquely awful in so many ways that I think he's one of a kind.  And sounds like you agree with that.

I can't control of course who the next owner is.  i am going to celebrate whomever it is purely from the stand point that it's the end of Dan.

I've rooted for losing organizations for long spells.  i don't like it but its not the end of the world for me.  What makes the Dan Snyder era so beyond awful for me isn't the losing -- its the sleaze and embarassement for rooting for this team when having Darth Vadar at the helm.

A likeable owner who isn't the switest isn't the end of the world for me.    Bring some needed class and likeability to this organization is just as important to me as the winning.  What to me was tragic about Dan's tenure wasn't the losing but it was the losing with sleaze-arrogance. 

The sleaze-arrogance bothers me a lot more then the losing.  But that's me.  Just my version of fandom, we all got our thing, that's mine.   So for example when I watched Fretita, i liked the fact that i found him likeable even though he's not my top choice for this.

Definitely agree.

I can take losing (as awful as it is) if AT LEAST we have a classy organization that fans can be proud to represent.  The sleaze, etc., is just everything I'm against as a person.  There's something to be said for the "lovable losers" in sports.  Sure, you don't ever want to be that, but damn, it's at least tolerable vs. being a loser AND being a despicable, incompetent organization like we've been.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Definitely agree.

I can take losing (as awful as it is) if AT LEAST we have a classy organization that fans can be proud to represent.  The sleaze, etc., is just everything I'm against as a person.  There's something to be said for the "lovable losers" in sports.  Sure, you don't ever want to be that, but damn, it's at least tolerable vs. being a loser AND being a despicable, incompetent organization like we've been.  

Yep...it's been brought up many times on this board through the years, but we were losing for half-a-decade before anyone even knew who Dan Snyder was. But, we were doing it with the Cookes. We could very well have lost for another decade under John Kent Cooke. I doubt we'd have lost continuously until 2022 if the team had stayed with that family, but it's certainly possible. 

What I do know is that there wouldn't have been the corruption, Good Bits videos, scandals, missteps, and embarrassments that have come with it.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep...it's been brought up many times on this board through the years, but we were losing for half-a-decade before anyone even knew who Dan Snyder was. But, we were doing it with the Cookes. We could very well have lost for another decade under John Kent Cooke. I doubt we'd have lost continuously until 2022 if the team had stayed with that family, but it's certainly possible. 

What I do know is that there wouldn't have been the corruption, Good Bits videos, scandals, missteps, and embarrassments that have come with it.  

TBF, Turner's record in DC was .454 (49-59-1).  Snyder's record in DC is .426 (172-403-2) and that's even if you give him credit for the 10 wins in 1999.  Even the lowlight of the Cooke family era's ownership was better than Snyder's (not even looking at the off field stuff). 

Just now, bearrock said:

TBF, Turner's record in DC was .454 (49-59-1).  Snyder's record in DC is .426 (172-403-2) and that's even if you give him credit for the 10 wins in 1999.  Even the lowlight of the Cooke family era's ownership was better than Snyder's (not even looking at the off field stuff). 

Yeah, no doubt. In fairness though, if you just count the post-Gibbs/pre-Snyder years (1993-1998) the Redskins were 36-59-1 (.375) under Petitbon and Turner, with 4 of the 6 years being double-digit losing seasons. That was after having only ONE double-digit losing season since 1963 before that stretch. So, they were losing and losing a lot for a while under the Cookes. 

This isn't a defense of Snyder...just trying to be fair. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He's selling but Dan could drag the this thru courts. 

I mentioned Keim's latest report but the previous report where he went hard on a point it was this:

A.  Dan's debt is a central plot line

B.  the NFL unlikely allows further debt.

C.  That's a big reaon why most expect him to sell

That was before the leak of his debt being possibly as high as a billion and the 55 million secret loan.  

Some have speculated that Dan can't afford to drag this out for a long time. 

My best guess is this week the two mysterious bidders visit the Park and they submit a bid hopefully.  And if so Dan pits one bidder versus another.

Keim said one source told him don't be surprised if there is no leak leading up to it but that one day you just hear the team is sold to so and so.

I'd guess they'd want to have the buyer in place before the owners meeting to avoid being a discussion topic in a bad way -- too soon to have a vote but soon enough to reassure owners that the train is on the tracks.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No way. Giselle is parting it up, now that she's single. She's free and happy and I really doubt she would want an NFL team.

I was responding to a post that I believe was a joke, I responded in kind.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Even the lowlight of the Cooke family era's ownership was better than Snyder's (not even looking at the off field stuff). 

Am I wrong for hoping the day comes that Danny is on the hood of a car while Tanya is driving drunk down M-street... ?

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, no doubt. In fairness though, if you just count the post-Gibbs/pre-Snyder years (1993-1998) the Redskins were 36-59-1 (.375) under Petitbon and Turner, with 4 of the 6 years being double-digit losing seasons. That was after having only ONE double-digit losing season since 1963 before that stretch. So, they were losing and losing a lot for a while under the Cookes. 

This isn't a defense of Snyder...just trying to be fair. 

Well yeah but Gibbs kinda left the cupboard bare, especially with the Westbrook and Schuler disasters. And you had the introduction of the salary cap, which was not good for a roster with aging highly paid veterans. At the end they did have the team moving in the right direction, but then jerk off Snyder came along and fell in love with Jeff George. The rest is history.