Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

At the end they did have the team moving in the right direction, but then jerk off Snyder came along and fell in love with Jeff George. The rest is history.

Yup, one of the first signs of a problem was letting future Super Bowl Champion Brad Johnson go for Jeff George.  The 1999 team was a botched Field Goal away from a trip to the NFC Championship game.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Well yeah but Gibbs kinda left the cupboard bare, especially with the Westbrook and Schuler disasters. And you had the introduction of the salary cap, which was not good for a roster with aging highly paid veterans. At the end they did have the team moving in the right direction, but then jerk off Snyder came along and fell in love with Jeff George. The rest is history.

Sure...there were reasons, I get it. But in the "all-in-for-1992" mentality was on Cooke's watch and not preparing for the salary cap era was on his too. So, even though there were reasons they happened, he has to take some of the accountability for why were we so woefully prepared to adapt to the changing landscape of the NFL. 

But you're also right...by the late-1990s we were well-positioned to make a move. The Sean Gilbert trade and Ricky Williams trade after a couple winning seasons should have set us up for a decade under the Cookes. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

All these "what ifs" sure are depressing lol, especially the reminder of how close we were in the late 90s. Just can't wait for this sale to be done and over with. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but anyone not named Dan Snyder is fine by me, although I prefer Bezos lol

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Greetings. My Greek friend is aware that the Washington Commanders are going to make an announcement scheduling another announcement to dampen rumors that there will be a leak to Twitter reporter from Guatemala who will say that the sale is going to happen by April 24th at 3:42 AM. Retweet this 5 times or Dan Snyder will kidnap you on his yacht and sell you to Somali pirates.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But you're also right...by the late-1990s we were well-positioned to make a move. The Sean Gilbert trade and Ricky Williams trade after a couple winning seasons should have set us up for a decade under the Cookes. 

This forever blew my mind. We got the Saints entire draft.  We also had the 2 and 3rd overall picks in 2000.  And we're . . . in the same place.

God I can't wait for him to be gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

All these "what ifs" sure are depressing lol, especially the reminder of how close we were in the late 90s. Just can't wait for this sale to be done and over with. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but anyone not named Dan Snyder is fine by me, although I prefer Bezos lol

The anyone but Dan Snyder is the segment being run on 106.7.  lol, feels like Grant-Danny got the topic from this thread.  They are running the script here with Grant saying he doesn't care a heck of late just get rid of Dan.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The anyone but Dan Snyder is the segment being run on 106.7.  lol, feels like Grant-Danny got the topic from this thread.  They are running the script here with Grant saying he doesn't care a heck of late just get rid of Dan.

Grant and Danny being disingenuous and uncreative? Get right out of town.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

hope.jpg.5b4959fe7eea1403373fb99da9b6a715.jpg

Seriously speaking though hope all we have at this point.  Hope that Snyder sells and finally gets out of Washington so we can put the last 20+ years behind us.  Hope that we actually get a competent owner that gets this franchise back to respectability and then into a winner.  Hope that we can get a new stadium that is state of the art instead of the toilet of the NFL 

Edited by NoVaSkins21

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

they had a pretty good 20 minute riff on the fact that Grant said “Kuz” for Kuzma while interviewing Wes Unseld.  When they go off on those tangents, it can be really hard to listen. Or when they tease you with breaking news and then proceed to talk around it for a half hour before finally revealing it.

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What's the disingenuous part?  

6 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

they had a pretty good 20 minute riff on the fact that Grant said “Kuz” for Kuzma while interviewing Wes Unseld.  When they go off on those tangents, it can be really hard to listen. Or when they tease you with breaking news and then proceed to talk around it for a half hour before finally revealing it.

Danny's pizza analogy to the owner process, got me hungry.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 5.26.56 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

When they go off on those tangents, it can be really hard to listen.

They do have to fill 4 hours.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as dumb-dumb radio goes in town, between them doing voices and talking about food seemingly all the time. They own the format.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh, talking food again? Maybe they should do an hour where they draft their favorite foods for St. Patty's day. Then spend another 30min breaking down that draft.

---------------------------------------

To tie a bow on some earlier posts. The aging roster plus the introduction of free agency killed things in the early 90s. Then you had JKC dying and not leading the franchise to John Cooke who some say was running things with one hand tied behind his back during the death of his father, and the resulting years.

Would John Cooke have been a good owner of the franchise? I don't think any of us really could know. Besides that he wouldn't have been Snyder, which is a fact, I do wonder about that. Right now John is probably around 80 years old himself. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing about the fully guaranteed 6 year deal for Jackson that doesn't track for me is that if Snyder does it under his watch, the team has to escrow th entire value of the contract upfront.  That's 250-300 mil.  I doubt that the team has that kind of cash on hand and we know Snyder neither has it nor will he infuse that kind of money into the team.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Running with their script. I stopped listening to their show because it got so annoying listening to them faking outrage over a topic that was demonstrably untrue. I'm pretty sure they post here as one of the Revilers.

Danny blocked me after I proved he was really wrong and over reacting on twitter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, Daniel is a pretty dumb fella so this tracks with him taking less money. Ego is a heck of a thing, I tell ya.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

This forever blew my mind. We got the Saints entire draft.  We also had the 2 and 3rd overall picks in 2000.  And we're . . . in the same place.

God I can't wait for him to be gone.

I was so stoked to get Lavar Arrington...I legit thought we had the next Lawrence Taylor but it never panned out under Marvin Lewis. I'll say it again, I'm 55 years old and still have not seen a true franchise QB in Washington who made the team a threat for 10 plus years like we've seen other cities enjoy. I really like Howell and hope he can be the first in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Danny blocked me after I proved he was really wrong and over reacting on twitter.

lol, ok. Yeah I haven't been blocked by anyone in my time except for Will Compton for sharing with him years ago the articles from the NY press where they were trashing the Redskins -- I thought i was helping give them bulletin board material but he took it I gather the wrong way.

I recall the posts here from multiple people about Rick Snider blocking them.  I don't really post on twitter, I just pull info from it.  But I get it I'd be annoyed if I were blocked, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So reports say Dan would rather take less money than sell to Bezos. That just goes to show what a terrible businessman Snyder is. He's never made good business decisions.

Well, the smart approach would be walking away with your head held high after getting him to meet your price. 

Instead, he apparently takes the dumb approach.  Classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.  We aren’t talking nickels and dimes here.  

Pride goeth before the fall Dan 

• Thanks 1

I doubt anyone is taking less money to be petty about newspaper articles. I dont care if youre my arch enemy...if youre offering the most for my house, im going to accept it and never see you again. Its just a lame tactic to get Bezos to push all in

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just my outsider opinion,  but I don’t think Dan is phased at all with the reports and possible forthcoming lawsuits, he’s the kind of guy that thinks he’s the strongest guy in the room when it comes to litigation. Those kinda dudes weirdly look forward to it. He also probably does have enough dirty laundry to prevent a vote-out, talking about billionaires here and they all have skeletons and freaky stuff hiding somewhere and love to talk about it amongst themselves .
The fact that no one is gonna work with him on a new stadium ,ever ,and the resultant downward trajectory of revenue probably has more to do with a sale than anything imo. The Tanya getting booed thing being the cause was probably leaked by him to make him appear human , he probably didn’t care about that either … he’s crap. 

• Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Just my outsider opinion,  but I don’t think Dan is phased at all with the reports and possible forthcoming lawsuits, he’s the kind of guy that thinks he’s the strongest guy in the room when it comes to litigation. Those kinda dudes weirdly look forward to it. He also probably does have enough dirty laundry to prevent a vote-out, talking about billionaires here and they all have skeletons and freaky stuff hiding somewhere and love to talk about it amongst themselves .
The fact that no one is gonna work with him on a new stadium ,ever ,and the resultant downward trajectory of revenue probably has more to do with a sale than anything imo. The Tanya getting booed thing being the cause was probably leaked by him to make him appear human , he probably didn’t care about that either … he’s crap. 

Yup. He s going to sell at some point… but when is a real question.