Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He’s the richest man in the world. I’ve got news for you, he doesn’t need a football team to get access to politicians. He can live anywhere and be anywhere and have access immediately.  When you’re that rich, geography doesn’t mean anything. 

I don’t care who you are. If Jeff Bezos calls and leaves a message, you’re calling back. 

Wait, you're suggesting having money has an effect on how much access you get to politicians?

giphy.gif

• Haha 7

Whatever chunk of the fanbase could have been turned off by danny has already been turned off. How many people are legitimately going to see the light should he pull an okiedoke on the sale and renounce their fandom? Feel like i could count that cohort on my hand...

Whatever - impossible he can outlast the debt load and/or pending investigations. The SALE IS ON

Just now, hailer21 said:

Whatever chunk of the fanbase could have been turned off by danny has already been turned off. How many people are legitimately going to see the light should he pull an okiedoke on the sale and renounce their fandom? Feel like i could count that cohort on my hand...

Whatever - impossible he can outlast the debt load and/or pending investigations. The SALE IS ON

I can say I was on the verge of leaving entirely so I could start rooting for my sons team (Steelers). The day Danny announces he isn’t selling is the day I’m gone for good. Not selling at this point would be considerably worse than just never making the announcement that you were exploring options. It’s like wrapping up a PlayStation box for your kid at Christmas but when they open the box it’s just full of fruit of the loom. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

If the league and other owners want him to speed this up. They should leak to some of his friendly sources like that NY Post reporter and the Fox Biz guy who keeps suckering Grant and Danny for radio time, that the Mary Jo White report is coming and some of the details go way past abusive, and into the depraved, deviant, and lascivious. 

You mean worse than being accused of sexual assault? Orgies with hookers on business trips? 

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

So if Bezos has been barred all along from the bidding, why wouldn’t he say so? Especially knowing it would make Snyder look bad with the other owners.

Pretty sure this has been the assumption from the start - perhaps not that BofA actually would not allow him to bid but that Dan’s hatred of the Post would mean he wouldn’t get it. It makes sense he wouldn’t be allowed though because once he bids he would win. There is one actual reason to genuinely block him at this point though - my understanding from earlier reports is that Amazon would have to end their TV rights deal with the NFL for him to buy a team. 

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

Also, maybe I just don't understand the process but why would Bezos retain a firm if he was unable to make a bid? Seems like a waste of time, doesn't it?

He’s letting the NFL (and Dan) know he’s prepared to buy a team. If he doesn’t buy the Commanders, he can buy the Seahawks. 

I agree with everyone else that this is all from intentional leaks to the press. Bezos leaks he’s working with the sports investment bank, so Dan leaks he can’t bid. He genuinely does not want Bezos to own it, but if it doesn’t push his current bids higher he may sell to Bezos if he pays enough. That’s all this back and forth is saying - Dan will NEVER sell to Bezos (unless it becomes financially ridiculous not to). 

5 minutes ago, rockluc said:

I can say I was on the verge of leaving entirely so I could start rooting for my sons team (Steelers). The day Danny announces he isn’t selling is the day I’m gone for good. Not selling at this point would be considerably worse than just never making the announcement that you were exploring options. It’s like wrapping up a PlayStation box for your kid at Christmas but when they open the box it’s just full of fruit of the loom. 

Agree with you on the sting of the tease but I would be absolutely shocked should it not go down this year. 

On my original point, probably helpful to define what i mean by checking out on the team. I have vowed not to buy merch, go to games, or do anything i think gives danny a red cent. I watch games here and there but it's not appointment viewing like it was pre-Scott Mc firing (that debacle was my last straw). I NEVER missed a game earlier in my life - now it's more rare that i do watch a full game than miss one. 

So i consider myself checked out but i lurk around here and contribue at times throughout the year (less so than when i had passion). And i watch games. That is to say i am somewhat a "fan". Just nowhere near the passion i once held. 

And in my view, the only thing that could genuinely move the needle in this town is a sale. If danny kept the team, I'd simply expect more of the same in terms of attendance, revenue, tv ratings, etc. 

31 minutes ago, hailer21 said:

Agree with you on the sting of the tease but I would be absolutely shocked should it not go down this year. 

On my original point, probably helpful to define what i mean by checking out on the team. I have vowed not to buy merch, go to games, or do anything i think gives danny a red cent. I watch games here and there but it's not appointment viewing like it was pre-Scott Mc firing (that debacle was my last straw). I NEVER missed a game earlier in my life - now it's more rare that i do watch a full game than miss one. 

So i consider myself checked out but i lurk around here and contribue at times throughout the year (less so than when i had passion). And i watch games. That is to say i am somewhat a "fan". Just nowhere near the passion i once held. 

And in my view, the only thing that could genuinely move the needle in this town is a sale. If danny kept the team, I'd simply expect more of the same in terms of attendance, revenue, tv ratings, etc. 

I think you’re where I was several years ago. The thing that probably nudged me was having an 8 year old son finally getting into football and realizing rooting with him for his team was far more enjoyable than rooting for anything tied to Dan. I was never going to push him to being a Washington fan, knowing how awful Dan is. 

Listened to Keim’s interview this evening.

Key Points:

- They’ve received at least three bids (with at least one being greater than $6B).  First time I’d heard him say that.

- He was able to confirm Bezos hired the Investment Banking firm.

- He still believes the team will be sold. 

The interview was on ESPN Radio at around 6:30 pm EST.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

18 minutes ago, Blanka said:

Public negotiations. I think the shoe drops real soon 

I agree. Although the Athletic confirmation stinks. I still think Bezos can get the team even if Snyder banned him. And I think the jostling is on part from Bezos trying to move the needle with the public and other owners. I think it gets done sooner rather than later. But as someone who has always wanted Bezos, screw dan. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, filmjoy said:

Pretty sure this has been the assumption from the start - perhaps not that BofA actually would not allow him to bid but that Dan’s hatred of the Post would mean he wouldn’t get it. It makes sense he wouldn’t be allowed though because once he bids he would win. There is one actual reason to genuinely block him at this point though - my understanding from earlier reports is that Amazon would have to end their TV rights deal with the NFL for him to buy a team. 

I don't know where the hell you got that last part but due to your lack of posting, not quality simply your time around here, this undercuts your credibility by a lot.

Like you don't think that would've been front and center Day One?  For everyone?

43 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

He doesn’t want to sell to the man who will be most able to accomplish what he could not. 

Dan was not able to sexually harass every single woman in the DMV area, only about 20%.... you think Jeff Bezos can do better?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Dan was not able to sexually harass every single woman in the DMV area, only about 20%.... you think Jeff Bezos can do better?

I know you are being facetious, but I’m talking about a new first class stadium at RFK, with a top of the line fan experience, and a consistent winner on the field.  

• Thumb up 2