Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

When two Category 5 Hurricanes hit the US Virgin Islands in two weeks and absolutely ****ing demolished everything here, Bloomberg took over for our Governor and led the way on our rebuild and recovery and thank the ****ing holy baby Jesus he did.

Bloomberg would be my run away choice for owner of this team. When we finally hunt down all the billionaires and eat the rich, he's the one that I'm saving. ****ing love that guy!  

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I believe all this dan might not sell is all just talk. The NFL has enough on him to force him to sell or he would not have put the team up for sale to begin with, if for no other reason pure ego and stubborness. Now, is the breakup quick and easy or long and messy? That is a good question. But I really believe this is happening. 

Disclaimer - I realize I may feel this way because it's the only way I can see a future with me rooting for this team. If Dan backs out it will probably be the final nail in the coffin of me actively rooting for this team. Considering what this franchise meant to me as a kid and early adulthood that would be some feat.

**** dan snyder and his POS wife too! Both need to get out of Washington. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think the breakup will be long and messy. It will happen but Dan’s going to make it long and messy.

Once the ownership change happens, I wouldn’t expect a turnaround right away. Odds are the new owner initially gets it wrong.

Shad Khan took over the Jaguars in 2012. He’s on his 5th coach. Only  2 playoff seasons so far but it does look like he finally has the right coach/qb combo.

Jimmy Haslam took over Browns midway of 2012 season. He’s on his 6th coach. He’s has one playoff season. He’s betting it all on Watson. It remains to be seen if Browns finally turn it around. They’ve been mostly a joke under him.

Terry Pegula took over Bills midway of 2014 season. He’s on his 3rd coach. He finally found success with his 3rd coach as Bills have made playoffs 5 times.

Dave Tepper took over Panthers in 2018. He’s on his 3rd coach. No playoffs yet. Maybe Frank Reich will be the guy.

Rob Walton took over Broncos right before start of 2022 season. He’s already on his 2nd coach. He approved the Wilson extension. Russ maybe cooked. Not off to good start.

So getting Dan out will be great but I’d temper my hopes for a quick turnaround. As the recent owners have shown, it’s not easy to develop a successful team. Only the Bills have had continued success and they messed up early on.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Ben Standig is about to talk about the ownership stuff on 1067. I doubt he'll have anything new, but might be an interesting listen since he's a well connected chap.

To summarize Standig:

Wow, there's a lot of conflicting reports coming out! He still believes he is selling sometime in the next few months. Is he willing to say he's 100% sure? No, not with all those conflicting reports coming out.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

To summarize Standig:

Wow, there's a lot of conflicting reports coming out! He still believes he is selling sometime in the next few months. Is he willing to say he's 100% sure? No, not with all those conflicting reports coming out.

Thanks for that. I didn't bother posting a follow-up because he offered absolutely nothing 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

To summarize Standig:

I've listened to his whole show. He doesn't think the sale happens in March.  The conflicting part is some tell him Dan will sell just minority shares. 

My editorial on that, is if Dan needs to sell minority shares the NFL has him by the balls because they would have to approve that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

When two Category 5 Hurricanes hit the US Virgin Islands in two weeks and absolutely ****ing demolished everything here, Bloomberg took over for our Governor and led the way on our rebuild and recovery and thank the ****ing holy baby Jesus he did.

Bloomberg would be my run away choice for owner of this team. When we finally hunt down all the billionaires and eat the rich, he's the one that I'm saving. ****ing love that guy!  

The guy is one of the great business and government leaders we have had in this generation. Among the rich and powerful, he is A in character, leadership and impact. The issue is that he is very old 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This is the actual article, didn't see it posted,  Written by the same dude who went on 106.7 last week and said he didn't think Dan sells.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/24/jeff-bezos-benched-from-washington-commanders-sale-as-bids-come-up-short-sources/

Top bids to buy the Washington Commanders fell far short of owner Dan Snyder’s $6 billion cutoff — while billionaire Jeff Bezos has been forced to the sidelines, sources told The Post.

An unidentified bidder came in with an offer of around $5.5 billion by this week’s deadline, which was similar to the amount offered by 76ers and Devils owner Josh Harris, sources close to the situation said.

Bezos, who’s worth more than $100 billion, was prevented by Snyder from entering the private auction though the Amazon founder wanted to participate, sources said.

Bezos and Snyder did not return calls for comment. Harris declined comment.

As The Post previously reported, Snyder holds a grudge against Bezos, who owns the Washington Post, which published a series of exposes alleging Snyder enabled sex harassment at the maligned NFL franchise.

=

The reports led to the NFL putting pressure on Snyder to sell the team. But now that Snyder didn’t get his asking price, he may decide to maintain his grip on Washington, which he bought for a then-record $800 million in 1999.

“He’s an ass and he may not want to give it up,” a source closely watching the sale said.

Bezos has quietly stalked the sales process. This week, he hired an investment bank to explore a bid for the team, the Washington Post reported.

But the reality is Bezos has been working with Allen & Co. for months and has long been interested, two sources close to the situation said.

“He wants to say [to the NFL] don’t let them say we weren’t here,” the source closely watching the sale said.

NFL owners may yet pressure Snyder to sell to Bezos so it raises the value of all teams.

A decision on whether Snyder will finally walk away from the team he rooted for as a child is expected by the annual owners’ meeting that begins March 26, sources said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Not worried about this at all.

Personally, I think this was leaked in an effort to drive up the price.

Whether it's three weeks or three months....this team will be sold.

Now with all that being said, Dan being "difficult" should be expected.

Being an ass is just in his DNA.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 5

I just had a thought and figured I'd post it. What if the thing that this fanbase is so divided over right now - the name change - is what caused Dan to sell the team. Like Sheehan says, its bacisally an expansion team and many fans of that age don't think of it as the Redskins. So what if that was the final straw for Dan who was fighting the name change then suddenly caved, what if this took the fun out of it for him and made him sell

• Haha 1

It'll happen this is all just posturing.

We keep tossing around numbers like 4.65 billion because that's what the Waltons paid for the broncos then 6 or 7 billion because that's reportedly what Snyders minimum and asking price are but because it's only a few digits we forget the staggering amount of money we're talking about here.

Truth is the difference between what the Waltons paid and what Snyder wants is 2350 million dollars.

That amount of money isn't going to be thrown out loosely even by someone like bezos who can afford it.

He didn't get filthy rich by spending billions more than necessary. 

• Like 3