Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

I stumbled across this today. Who knows what true and what just hot air.

Fox Business also added that Bezos could get serious competition for the Commanders from the owner of media giant Bloomberg LP, Michael Bloomberg. The former mayor of New York City is reportedly worth over $76 billion.

Edited by RVAskins

Just now, RVAskins said:

Fox Business also added that Bezos could get serious competition for the Commanders from the owner of media giant Bloomberg LP, Michael Bloomberg. The former mayor of New York City is reportedly worth over $76 billion.

The NY post reporter on Grant and Danny actually said he’s heard Bloomberg is interested in buying the WaPo from Bezos. 

I read this as posturing. And I think Dan’s checked out. If he hadn’t been in London and changing residency to London and not in attendance at the games the last couple months I’d be more apt to believe the NY Post article. I read it as posturing. Dan wants $6B. Bezos needs to offer that and it’ll be done IMO 

1 minute ago, mcees4life said:

Really? I thought they were a reputable newspaper. 

I never took them seriously. We could probably debate it but we would have to do so in the tailgate. Literally, the style of newspaper is Tabloid format. I would say they sensationalize things and have an angle in the figurative meaning.

Tabloid, noun

a newspaper having pages half the size of those of a standard newspaper, typically popular in style and dominated by headlines, photographs, and sensational stories.
"the tabloid press"
  • NORTH AMERICAN
    sensational in a lurid or vulgar way.
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, RVAskins said:

I think most New Yorker's use the NY Post to line their bird cages.

I worked at a deli in NYC when I was in college. Way at the end of Broadway in the Bronx on the border on Yonkers. I was shocked at how many people bought it and the Daily News. Mostly I think they were reading about the Yankees.

• Like 2

Previous reports have linked Bloomberg with either the WashPost or the Wall Street Journal. His media properties don't include a daily, so it'd make sense regardless of the Bezos factor. The WSJ would fit in better with his existing business, but the Post would give him more influence in politics than Bloomberg News does.

I take all of it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I worked at a deli in NYC when I was in college. Way at the end of Broadway in the Bronx on the border on Yonkers. I was shocked at how many people bought it and the Daily News. Mostly I think they were reading about the Yankees.

Yep I can confirm. Post is complete trash!!!

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hooper said:

Don't really get the Jason Wright hate.

Also only in the Snyderverse do we care about the team president. 

The guy has messed up so many things since he took over.

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

Why would Bloomberg want the team?

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I'm not saying he would, but anyone with the scratch would want an NFL franchise because of the ROI.  Dan Snyder took a dump on it every day of his life and he still is going to make 6 times back what he paid for it...

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The guy has messed up so many things since he took over.

I have no idea. Maybe he has something worked out with Bezos. He buys the Commanders and then turns around and sells it to Bezos who then sells the Washington Post to Bloomberg. LOL

There are two Beezos narratives on both sides of the spectrum that to me seem like real stretches:

That he’s going to be a hands-on meddlesome owner, to the extent some say he’d be no better or worse than Snyder.  I see nothing in reality that supports this take.

The other being, that this is some sort of philanthropic endeavor for him where he’s not worried about making money and more concerned with restoring this once proud franchise and it’s history.  This, I also think is merely just a fan’s pipe dream that is not based in reality.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Florio doesn't know ****

He’s just repeating that NY Post article, that’s what he does—not claiming to have info of his own. He’s a news/rumor aggregator for people who don’t want to follow all of those individual sources. Similar to Rotoworld before they faded. 

Agree it’s BS though, you can easily pick out the warring narratives/leaks in the media and who they serve in this bidding process. These recent “leaks” from a previously airtight process all seem like part of the battle to get the bids as high as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think there is any way Danny can walk back the sale at this point. The absolute last straw I think was when he said he had dirt on the other owners. He had lost both Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell by that point and I think someone quietly took him aside and made it clear to him that he was finished as an owner in this league, made him understand how hated he is by both the fans and the other owners and that he needed to sell the team and get out of Dodge....or else...he would be *forced* to sell the team.

I think another thing still in play here is that he may want to stop any more investigations of the team from happening. He's been getting sued and investigated left and right and some of the newer investigations have brought up allegations of daliances with other women. He may be selling also because he is afraid any more investigations might turn up more involvement on his part with other women. That's just a guess and I don't know if it's true. If there were to be any more of that kind of stuff to the point where it gets Tanya angry enough or fed up enough that she divorces him. He wants to prevent that at all costs because lessee, for example 50% of say $6 billion is what, $3 billion he would be left with from a sale? I don't know what England's laws are in that regard but I can assure you, he doesn't want anyone digging deeper and possibly finding something that could cause him to lose half his fortune to Tanya. 

The sale is simply too far along to be walked back now, particularly when looking at the reaction of this town on the news the night it was announced he was selling the team. People in this town reacted as if someone had just given each one a $50,000,000 lottery check.The public wrath he would face if he tried to reneg on the sale now would be extraordinary. Also, The US Justice Dept has just subpoened the team's financial records in the past few days and people are just going to find more and more reasons to sue him the longer he stays around.

I think the sale definitely happens...the only questions at this point are to whom, the terms and the date it actually happens. Here is some samples from another story that came out later in the day Friday, shortly after the Post's article. In it, Charlie Gasparino states that Bezos as already met Snyder's $6 Billion asking price. I'm not sure why that is such a different representation than what the Post article says.

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/jeff-bezos-reportedly-favorite-to-buy-washington-commanders/

<<Jeff Bezos Reportedly Favorite To Buy Washington Commanders

According to Fox Business, Amazon founder and Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos is reportedly the frontrunner to buy the NFL’s Washington Commanders.

In November, Commanders’ owner Dan Snyder announced he would explore the option to sell the organization. It was reported shortly after that Bezos and rapper Jay-Z were interested in buying the team together.

On Friday afternoon, Charlie Gasparino of Fox Business reported that Bezos is the top candidate to meet Snyder’s $6 billion asking price.

Gasparino wrote:

Bezos is said to be interested in buying the team, according to people familiar with his thinking, and has hired investment bankers to explore a possible bid. NFL officials are said to want him as an owner, these people say, because he may be best able to meet Snyder’s price demands and league rules where a team owner must hold 30 percent in equity as part of any buyout.

Bezos is one of the world’s richest men, worth $120 billion, much of it liquid and a chunk of it in Amazon stock.

Gasparino added that co-founder of Apollo Global, a private equity firm, Josh Harris, could potentially throw his hat in the ring to try and purchase the Commanders. Harris owns Harris Blitzer Sports Entertainment with David Blitzer, and the organization owns the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers.

With Bezos possibly buying the Washington D.C.-based football organization, the billionaire could sell the Washington Post to focus on the Commanders.

Gasparino added:

Bezos also owns the Washington Post newspaper, but is said to be growing wary of the business that is facing losses amid a slump in digital ads as the economy slows. Some NFL sources say Bezos is looking to sell the Post to devote his time to running the Commanders.

One prospective buyer, they say, could be Michael Bloomberg, the former New York City Mayor, philanthropist and billionaire owner of Bloomberg LP, a media and financial information powerhouse.<<

• Thanks 2

Yep Dan can’t back out now. The league has washed its hands of him. 

There is also little incentive for a prospective new owner to drag this out. A lost season benefits nobody. The heightened level of posturing is more than likely a good sign. Can only hope that news is not too far away.

15 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Some of us are going to the Atlanta game this for sure since it's here in Atlanta. Went with @skinsmarydu  the last game. The one TH had a horse shoe up his rear end lol.  It was awesome as I took some friends from Brazil who had never been to an NFL game before. They loved it. 

Its hard rooting for the team with the worst owner is all of sports. 

YES!  Your friends were super fun! 

I can't wait for next season's game!  We need to talk about seats!