Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Conn said:

So the guy who is clearly getting his leaks from the bank/Snyder side after a long period of absolute water-tight silence, continues to insist he won’t sell if he doesn’t get a certain amount? lol feels pretty transparent to me. All part of the game they’re playing but he’s selling regardless imo. Now that Bezos has officially entered the water we’re getting into the final stages. 

As for the people who want Wright gone immediately—good luck with that. He’s an NFL guy who has had who knows what role in actually getting Snyder to sell with a little dignity. He may be exactly the sort of transitional exec that a new billionaire falls in love with given his NFL connections. Having to take the fall for all of Snyder’s dumb ideas put some bruises on him, but much more in the fans’ eyes than anyone else’s (with the league or in the media) I’d bet. He’s exactly the sort of corporate ****roach who could stick around under a new owner. He’s already smartly distancing himself and the “organization” from ownership even though he’s been running around behind the Snyders with a pooper scooper since day one. 

Wright only came because the NFL imposed him on Dan.  I think he would   be the first person gone, as Bezos will want his own person running the team. Then after the draft, a new gm. 

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I was listening, PFT commentator, with no inside info but said sometimes he can get insider info from Schefter at the combine and will probe with him there to see if he can find something out.

Finlay said he's getting all types of info about it with some clearly being misinformation.  One person he knows tied to Wall Street told him its a done deal with Bezos but he doesn't know if that's true. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wright only came because the NFL imposed him on Dan.  I think he would   be the first person gone, as Bezos will want his own person running the team. Then after the draft, a new gm. 

Who knows. But I think you underestimate how much the NFL has had contact with prospective buyers like Bezos going back years, and how much Wright is already in the loop. There’s no way to know, but it feels like LaFemina was a last ditch effort to fix Snyder’s team, while Wright was sent to steward it into the next phase under someone else, once things kept getting worse. 

I don’t mean in a conspiracy “Wright has been working against the Snyders for the NFL” way, that would be dumb. Though I do think he’s been the league’s eyes and ears while all this has gone down, and has potentially put his thumb on the scale with Snyder at pivotal moments. But I’m mostly saying that it may be incredibly valuable for an outsider to have someone by their side who is plugged into the NFL Head Office and saw the ways the last guy failed. It doesn’t mean he would “run the team”, I just wouldn’t be surprised to see him stick around, especially during the transitional period—he always seemed like a bigger play by the NFL than some random stooge for Snyder. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Who knows. But I think you underestimate how much the NFL has had contact with prospective buyers like Bezos going back years, and how much Wright is already in the loop. There’s no way to know, but it feels like LaFemina was a last ditch effort to fix Snyder’s team, while Wright was sent to steward it into the next phase under someone else, once things kept getting worse. 

I don’t mean in a conspiracy “Wright has been working against the Snyders for the NFL” way, that would be dumb. Though I do think he’s been the league’s eyes and ears while all this has gone down, and has potentially put his thumb on the scale with Snyder at pivotal moments. But I’m mostly saying that it may be incredibly valuable for an outsider to have someone by their side who is plugged into the NFL Head Office and saw the ways the last guy failed. It doesn’t mean he would “run the team”, I just wouldn’t be surprised to see him stick around, especially during the transitional period—he always seemed like a bigger play by the NFL than some random stooge for Snyder. 

The book that gets written about Snyder and his ownership of this team will be a best seller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

It doesn’t mean he would “run the team”, I just wouldn’t be surprised to see him stick around, especially during the transitional period—he always seemed like a bigger play by the NFL than some random stooge for Snyder. 

I'd expect everyone to stick around at least the first year.

I'm not planning on the new owner coming in and making major FO moves in March or later.

That gives everyone in the Org a year to prove they can bring something to the table.

If Wright can pump sales and attendance, than he can create the oppo to be retained, just like Ron if he has a successful season.

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

The tactics she generally uses to garner information are null and void on this

She's the one who was supposedly banging Scot McCloughan, right? ...got his wife all fired up on twitter, as I remember.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like dudes who comes off professional and likeable versus smug and a walking misstatement waiting to happen

It's funny, because I find Wright to be extremely unlikable (he's a proven liar), quite smug (doubles down on lies and BS given the chance), and a consistent source of miscues (everything ST related, rebrand, uni.'s, etc.)

To me, at this point, other than the Snyders, he's the person most in need of being separated from this franchise.

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

She's the one who was supposedly banging Scot McCloughan, right? ...got his wife all fired up on twitter, as I remember.

Yep.

11 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

It's funny, because I find Wright to be extremely unlikable (he's a proven liar), quite smug (doubles down on lies and BS given the chance), and a consistent source of miscues (everything ST related, rebrand, uni.'s, etc.)

To me, at this point, other than the Snyders, he's the person most in need of being separated from this franchise. 

Different takes, its all subjective.   I think he's night and day better than Bruce but I'll give this to Bruce anyone who is the spokesman for Darth Vadar will come off unlikable to many.

For me he's a 9 out of 10 as a spokesperson.  But I don't give a rats behind what happens to him or for that matter anyone over there with new ownership.  To me we are selling a house, don't care about the drapes or anything else in the process.  Just sell the house and the new buyer can do whatever they want and I have zero rooting interest pro or con for who survives the bloodletting.

I do get Wright taking arrows for his boss or spinning things in their favor and I don't blame him for doing it.  I work for public figures, its part of your job.  Just like it is for the lawyers working for Dan, they are supposed to sell him.    I also get why they don't fall on the sword and quit.  Very few people quit -- for those on a salary you basically forfiet your income and that's often millions to quit.   The drill is to get fired.  Lafemina didn't quit. He was fired.  Ditto all the coaches here, etc.

Having said that, the fact that Wright suggested the other day that there is only upside for new ownership -- as being really important take considering he works for the dude.  It's wild that he said that.    That's a job suicide statement if Dan holds on to the team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The Snyder team can leak they need to hit $6B. That's fine. The reality is still the NFL made an exception so he could take on more debt than is typically allowed by owners. Some of that starts becoming due and he doesn't have additional revenue sources that can cover that debt. Minority investors went nowhere. He's not going to land new sponsors. Whatever he walks away with after his bills are due will still be billions. He's still holding a deuce-seven today. That hasn't changed.

50 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Some sexist crap in here. Let's be better.

Thank you.

If some here can't resist engaging in one of their moron asswipe modes about any social, non football, matter, I will remove you. I'm not going to be giving any more nice guy warnings.

We've been telling you this for years now. So plan on getting instantly banned for a week and a permanent ban if there's a repeat. And fwiw mods can read your edits. The edits still usually save you from getting flagged but it's not a guarantee.

So those of you who still manifest the juvenile ****-for-brains, or worse, commentary on non football matters better repress yourself or I'll do it my way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Nope. Clean slate. If you ever spent time on Dan’s yacht you are fired. 

100% agree. New Ownership will audit everything from the brand of bottled water bought in Ashburn to the Team President. Can't they flip everything on day one? No. But over 12-24 months. Yes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Tequila at a rum plant?

Diagio owns Don Julio and Captain Morgan, Johnny Walker, Ciroc. A bunch of them. 

I'm doing the Iron Bartender competition tomorrow. 

I live on a tropical island and made a career out of drinking. VIVA LIFE!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Diagio owns Don Julio and Captain Morgan, Johnny Walker, Ciroc. A bunch of them. 

I'm doing the Iron Bartender competition tomorrow. 

I live on a tropical island and made a career out of drinking. VIVA LIFE!

I gotta look into that....not the ownership situation...the tropical island life!

Iron Bartender...Im afraid to ask.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1