Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

57 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The reason to let Ron proceed is… because he’s the head football coach.

He’s in charge. If I’m a new owner (I’m not… or am I? Hmmm.) I’m coming in and doing one thing: observing. I’m not rocking the boat. I’m not demanding anything. I’m bringing Rivera in and telling him this:

”Coach, I want to thank you for holding this ship together when it was taking on water. You did an absolutely phenomenal job and it has not gone unnoticed. You have an extremely solid reputation and everything that I hear and see supports that.

I want you to know that I am here. I am going to let you do your thing. Let me know what you need. 

I also want you to know that I am going to be transparent. As a new owner, everything in this organization is under evaluation. I won’t make any promises beyond this year but I can promise that you and your staff have my full support this year and we’ll see where this year takes us.

Thank you again for everything.”

You forgot “we are also waving the Prime membership fee for you and your family this year” 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. The only one who can finance a stadium himself is Bezos but knowing him being a dick,  he’ll try to get taxpayers pay for most of it.

That’s not being a dick, that’s being a good business person.  He isn’t buying a charity organization, he’s buying a for-profit business.

My guess is he will find the vast majority of it himself but he will get different types of benefits from the municipalities.  The biggest being infrastructure and transportation improvements to wherever the stadium is. 

Note: that’s also what Cooke wanted from DC 30 years ago, and they wouldn’t give him, coming off of 3 SBs, 4 SB appearances, and 5 NFC championship game appearances in 12 years.  

DC is going to be a problem for anybody.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

No idea about Bezos as an owner , kind of a wildcard but he isn’t Dan so hard to top that in itself.

I foresee his first orders of business to be canning anyone who drives a Tesla , then changing field sponsorship to Blue origin and changing the stadium renderings to resemble a more Phallic shape , and  possibly putting a two sizes too big cowboy hat on Tuddy. ….😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lovi said:

I think if Bezos gets the team it’s gonna be hard to keep them off of hard knocks. 

Amazon prime had the All or Nothing NFL series. It ended with Covid and got replaced with hard knocks in season on HBO Max. Ron did a season while at Carolina. Unless All or Nothing comes back I don’t think Bezos wants to give content to HBO.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s not being a dick, that’s being a good business person.  He isn’t buying a charity organization, he’s buying a for-profit business.

My guess is he will find the vast majority of it himself but he will get different types of benefits from the municipalities.  The biggest being infrastructure and transportation improvements to wherever the stadium is. 

Note: that’s also what Cooke wanted from DC 30 years ago, and they wouldn’t give him, coming off of 3 SBs, 4 SB appearances, and 5 NFC championship game appearances in 12 years.  

DC is going to be a problem for anybody.  

And like, from a fan's standpoint, these are good things.  Remember the shuttles from some of the metro stops, like 06/07?  They ran out of funding so we had to stop going to the games.

Like, he will make it EASIER to get there.  Because he's not Snyder.