Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

I can see it now.

Snyder sells in March.

Team goes 2-15 because we can’t sign anyone.

Every week a thread is started: “Celebration Monday: Commandos win! Snyder is gone!”

And we get Caleb Williams ?!?

Dream season

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Perhaps my warning comes from a scrutiny perspective. The assessment of a new owner can't just begin and end with "its not Dan Snyder".

I didn't make any effort to play down Snyder's awfulness I did acknowledge it believe me I'm acutely aware of all the shocking things he's done and im as excited as anyone that he's going as you correctly say its the greatest moment in the modern history of the franchise but just because whoever comes in is replacing Dan that doesn't mean they shouldn't be scrutinised to a far higher standard. We've suffered long enough, many for far longer than myself and we deserve at least the things I pointed out in my original post.

What would you suggest is the best one-on-one assessment of a new owner that a fan can review? 40 yard dashes? Comparing how many cups of coffee they tell their team presidents to make for them in a 3 hour period? How many tubs of vanilla ice cream they leave melting on their supervisors' desks?

Until ESPN develops a new TV series that pits billionaires against each other for 5 seasons in Madden's owner mode, pretty much the only thing the fans can look at to judge rich, pretentious puppeteers who wipe their shoes with hundred dollar bills is whether they're Dan or not. It's a safe bet that the bald guy isn't Dan, Dan would be using a toupee before he'd be bold enough to sport a bald head.

• Haha 6

Listening to Grant Paulsen talk about it.

He thinks Dan would sell it if it's in the 6 million range.  Doubts he gets 7.  He's just guessing it seems on that.

But he makes a good point which is these tours that the prospective owners are getting might not help especially someone like Harris who has seen other sports facilities.  Grant went on about how low rent the Commanders facilities are compared to a typical college team let alone NFL -- he's seen some facilities in his reporting and other facilities are night and day nicer than the Commanders facility. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He thinks Dan would sell it if it's in the 6 million range.  Doubts he gets 7.  He's just guessing it seems on that.

But he makes a good point which is these tours that the prospective owners are getting might not help especially someone like Harris who has seen other sports facilities.  Grant went on about how low rent the Commanders facilities are compared to a typical college team let alone NFL -- he's seen some facilities in his reporting and other facilities are night and day nicer than the Commanders facility. 

JFC Dan is going to lose the NFL version of an HGTV house flipping show 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man, who knew? It’s not like some of us have been saying this. Next we’re going to hear that Rivera was operating on a budget. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

This is truly amazing. When all is said and done, this might come down to a pompous, stubborn idiot being willing to accept 5-6x what he paid for something rather than trying to hold out for 8-9x. 

It really makes sense...anyone who buys this team is going to have to pay a ****-ton of money to acquire fans and generate non-shared revenue. The market is OK and owning an NFL team is cool. But they'll need to build a stadium and there's no true history or wow factor that goes along with The Commanders. I think I saw on Twitter someone attributed this to Kevin Sheehan...but they are basically buying an expansion team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Man, who knew? It’s not like some of us have been saying this. Next we’re going to hear that Rivera was operating on a budget. 

lol, the sad thing is I have been there 5 times, auction and credit card awards experiences.  Scot McCloughan personallly gave me and my kids a tour among others.   My La-Fitness gym for example blows away their Gym.    It's super modest.  The whole facilitiy is super modest.  And i've seen much of it including their conference rooms. 

But I'll give them Shanny did a nice job upgrading the food quality.  To this day, the best burger I've had in my life was at Redskins Park.

Some really nice people work there, too.  If you get rid of the douche at the top, i do think the culture can change really fast. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

That's dumb, the biggest issue is the lack of a modern stadium and path tol landing a new one since the local jurisdictions aren't playing ball.

Even an expansion team would have a stadium and modern facility already on the table. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Would the owners let Bezos buy the Commies *and* the Seahawks?

He has the wherewithal. Idk about interest. But if he wants one or the other and can’t decide which… well, porque no los dos?

No, even owners with minority stakes have to sell before they can become majority owner of another team. For fairly obvious competitiveness/ethics reasons. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Conn said:

No, even owners with minority stakes have to sell before they can become majority owner of another team. For fairly obvious competitiveness/ethics reasons. 

I think it’s more of an owners influence (2 of 32 votes) thing than competitiveness but yes that’s right.

The dated facilities and aged infrastructure will be an obvious issue for prospective buyers who are pulling together investors just to meet the purchase price. 

For the elite rich like Bezos it’s a complete non factor IMO. The capital investment isn’t an issue and it’s almost a given he’d want to design and build his own facilities anyway. 

On 2/14/2023 at 12:11 PM, HigSkin said:

FWIW - Lurch on The Junkies this morning said apparently perspectives are having problems getting to "that number" with the equity check of $1.5B.  Bezos would not have that problem.  He was told Bezos wants to buy the team but he also wants to buy the Seahawks so he can be patient.  Neither guys (Snyder/Bezos) like each other but he's the only guy who has the money out of the potential buyers.

This is something that I hadn't considered before now. There has been speculation that Snyder wouldn't want to sell to Bezoz, but it could also be true that Bezoz wouldn't want to give his money to Snyder.

Let's hope that their business aspirations outweigh their personal feelings towards each other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

That's dumb, the biggest issue is the lack of a modern stadium and path tol landing a new one since the local jurisdictions aren't playing ball.

Even an expansion team would have a stadium and modern facility already on the table. 

The expansaion stuff is how Sheehan summed up his point on a podcast but his points that lead to that conclusion do not fit so much with the conclusion but I get the idea behind the expansion line.

Basically between the conversation with the NY Post reporter and him poking around on this with others, he concluded that customer reacquistion will be a major job for the new owner and hence that lowers the value some of the sale.  Denver didn't have to recapture their consumers.  But Washington has a major task to recapture their customer base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The more I hear, the more I feel that new ownership is gonna have to make a more immediate splash than a new stadium or the promise of eventual winning can provide.

I don't know what its gonna be, but it would almost be irresponsible to do nothing.

I'm anxious for some news today given the deadline, but I'm still in my unworried happy place about the whole thing regardless.

JP Finlay Podcast:

A. Everything coming from the NY Post is “it’s own thing, and I haven’t heard a lot of that stuff.”

B. He has a tough time believing the liquidity issues when Harris has assets he can sell and easily have plenty of cash for the sale.

C. He thinks there is a real push from the league to have a POC be among the final bidders, but doesn’t know who that would be because Byron Allen group probably doesn’t have that kind of money available.

D. Still thinks March is the target for the sale to be done so it can be voted on by March owners meeting.

E. Still thinks will be Harris with the winning bid. Maybe Byron Allen and David Stewart (?) involved.

F. Harris has also looked into Real Estate in all three jurisdictions of the DMV and has met with  local politicians.

G. Harris was at FedEx this past Friday.

H. The amount of misinformation flying around is staggering. That leads him to believe something is happening soon.

I. Bidders can do all the due diligence they want but someone can easily swoop in last minute and outbid them.

J. Doesn’t think it gets to the point where Snyder’s camp says they can’t get a high enough bid because of things like the MaryJo White investigation looming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1