Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So that's the hill you are standing on? Everything stated says he was into making the big decisions including actively participating in the first 2 to 3 rds of the draft and the first week or so of free agency among other parts of the business. That's involved to you but not hands on? 

Honest question, what is "hands on" to you? Maybe this is where the disconnect is. I personally cannot see any other description of dan's involvment decribed by bruse and othrs under oath that hands on. But maybe you have a compeltely different definition. Please define what you see as hands on.

1999-2009 version of Dan.   Things like Malcolm Kelly....

I'm really not bothered by his involvement since 2010.     I'm more annoyed he kept Bruce around for as long as he did because he thought Bruce could get him a stadium.

And of course the horrible and spineless decision to change the name.   

• Thumb down 3

To add to the Bruce Allen has a healthy dose of delusion himself, they asked him if he thought the Fire Bruce campaign had anything to do with his firing.  He more or less goes no, it was just the losing, fans don't like to lose - implying it was nothing personal against him.  He blames his demise squarely on the Alex Smith injury.

But from what i've read Bruce so far comes off much better than Dan.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To add to the Bruce Allen has a healthy dose of delusion himself, they asked him if he thought the Fire Bruce campaign had anything to do with his firing.  He more or less goes no, it was just the losing, fans don't like to lose - implying it was nothing personal against him.  He blames his demise squarely on the Alex Smith injury 

His testimony confirms a lot of what many of us suspected all along, about both him and Dan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But for me, too, Bruce isn't a sympathetic figure.  He is part of the blame IMO for this franchise's demise.  He aided versus stopped Dan's delusions that led this team into this ditch. 

That was his entire job. That is what he was paid to do. Hide the fact that Dan Snyder was involved. He wasn't some personnel genius. He was Dan's politician and it was obvious from Day 1 that's what he was hired for. He bombed in Tampa. Nobody else was picking him up either.

Sure, he's probably a turd, but the turd did the job he was hired to do. 

He fooled about 99% of the fanbase to believe that Dan wasn't doing all those things.

• Like 1

This apparently is a model organization

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.02.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.03.05 PM.png

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

That was his entire job. That is what he was paid to do. Hide the fact that Dan Snyder was involved. He wasn't some personnel genius. He was Dan's politician and it was obvious from Day 1 that's what he was hired for. He bombed in Tampa. Nobody else was picking him up either.

Sure, he's probably a turd, but the turd did the job he was hired to do. 

He fooled about 99% of the fanbase to believe that Dan wasn't doing all those things.

Bruce did his own damage.  but Dan clearly is miles worse.  I don't know how many were fooled about who was responsible for what gaffe but I don't recall a single Bruce critic who was cool with Dan, maybe I am forgetting one?    People hated them both from what I recall.

I do recall though some Bruce fans who didn't care for Dan but that's a totally different trip. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

That stuff about the PI at Bruce's house and the drones. Wow.

You think it can't get any worse or any weirder, and it just keeps doing so. I have to admit I'm looking forward to reading all the stuff that will inevitably drop once Dan is gone.

He's a loose cannon who has to be too much of a liability for the league to keep around, after all this. Jerry Jones might be an equally bad human being, but he's also savvy and collected. Dan comes off as a petty, vindictive twerp who unleashes the crazy whenever the mood suits him. There's too much money at stake for him to be allowed to stick around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The craziest thing to me is the news that apparently Snyder doesn't have or use email. Like, at all. 

What in the actual eff?

Nobody is that fn "old skool"...it comes across like someone that wants to make it nearly impossible to track all the terrible stuff he does in a digital format.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The craziest thing to me is the news that apparently Snyder doesn't have or use email. Like, at all. 

What in the actual eff?

When i was in high school and college i was a memeber of an apple computer users group washington apple pie. Dan was also a member. He is very good with tech stuff and was an ass even back then. I had heard he never used email. I guess running aol let him learn how long online crap last. And he doesn't want anything he says saved

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Edit: joined in March 2019, so it’s plausible you are familiar with the Bruce thread.

What about folks believing Bruce’s testimony leads you to believe he’s being let off the hook?

The information out there about him is scathing.  He is beyond done and his image is tarnished forever if it wasn’t already.  Much of what is out there about him is on brand with much of what we’ve all thought about him all along.  Which is that he’s generally not a good dude, and in tandem with Dan, essentially our worst nightmare.

Nothing he said absolves him of that.

The Trent stuff is minutia in the grand scheme of things.

Him saying Dan was heavily involved in all facets of the team is not news and I don’t recall any of Bruce’s biggest critics ever absolving Dan and blaming Bruce for everything.  It was always a package deal in that Dan hired Bruce and together we were effed with them leading this franchise.

Sure, it’s an epic plot twist that Bruce Allen could be the one that helps to bring Dan down.  Made for Hollywood, 30 for 30 type stuff.  But by no means is anyone saying that Bruce is a good guy or vindicated for his role here.  He never had any business running personnel and obviously neither does Dan, hence the decade+ of tripping over their own feet together.

No I joined March 19th of this year. I had read this forum for years and was pretty well versed in the discussions on here (of course I don’t remember who posts what or anything like that but I remember the general theme of certain threads). I had frequently posted on other forums and just used ES for a one stop news shop but I’ve always appreciated the limited threads with good content on here so would read here frequently as well. 

I don’t think anyone is letting Bruce off the hook. I just was agreeing that I remember so much of the conversation centered around Bruce and firing him that it felt like people forgot who the real problem was. It’s not that people stuck up for Dan or it was one or the other that you appreciated, but the Bruce hate definitely drown out Snyder. 100%.

Edited by CommanderCarson
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Let’s not forget about Josh Norman, that one always smelled like Dan.  

Yeah I recall that story going that Allen instantly sent Norman a text of a Redskins jersey with Norman’s name on it, once he hit the market.

9 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

1999-2009 version of Dan.   Things like Malcolm Kelly....

I'm really not bothered by his involvement since 2010.     I'm more annoyed he kept Bruce around for as long as he did because he thought Bruce could get him a stadium.

And of course the horrible and spineless decision to change the name.   

I am asking for specifics. As far as Kelly, there is Robert, Haskins and others we know about that dan had direct imput on  So how is it any different now than the era you described? Were you in the room?  Did you watch others make decisions without dumb dans input?   

As I far the people that were in the room say, you are dead wrong.  They say dumb Dan has his hands in everything.  What gives you more accurate information than the people that were in the room? It's an honest question. However, "you can just tell" is NOT an honest answer. 

Fact is Dan is the same meddlesome piece of garbage he always has been. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

So, in the spirit of the Bruce vs. Snyder debate this is how I sum up who to believe:

How do I know Bruce is lying? In situations that would benefit him financially he’d absolutely not tell the truth. 

How do I know Snyder is lying? His lips are moving. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

but the Bruce hate definitely drown out Snyder. 100%.

You have to take into account that up until very recently, part of following this team was to accept that we were stuck with Dan for the rest of our lives.  While we all hate Dan, this thought of him being forced into sale was really a pipe dream not long ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2