Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Using Brian Robinson in that statement, that’s just stupid, classless, disgusting, pathetic. But, I don’t expect anything less from Snyder. Jeez what an embarassment. EMBARASSMENT, on all levels. **** that

cant even enjoy one day of vacation without that moron embarrassing my favorite team! This clown show can’t end soon enough 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

lol now Wright doing damage control on the failed attempt at damage control. Amazing 

Laying the blame for the earlier statement on the frustrations of EXTERNAL COUNSEL when it was a statement released by the team itself. Which is, um, pretty internal. 

And it took hours to come up with this. Like knocking over the whole mop bucket on your way to the spill, falling in it, and impaling yourself on the broken mop handle 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Thumb up 2

This team has had more statements in a single day than I’ve had successful relationships….THAT is sad (for me? For the team? Both? You pick……)

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

How often do real NFL teams have to release statements like this?

Guessing 31 teams haven’t been in the position where they’ve had to. This team though? Ugh

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol now Wright doing damage control on the failed attempt at damage control. Amazing 

Laying the blame for the earlier statement on the frustrations of EXTERNAL COUNSEL when it was a statement released by the team itself. Which is, um, pretty internal. 

And it took hours to come up with this. Like knocking over the whole mop bucket on your way to the spill, falling in it, and impaling yourself on the broken mop handle 

Well you know for sure that external counsel isn’t here to accept blame for anything either. 

Wright isn’t accepting blame. Lol.

No one’s at fault if you leave it up to these chuckle ****s. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so sad. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Riggins:  “Let me put it to you this way, Cris, this person’s heart is dark.”

“I’ll just tell you that up front. Bad guy.  And if the Commissioner is worried about potential new owners and saying some of these guys shouldn’t apply, he might want to police his own inside guys.” (2009)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

You got Dan and his lawyers.  You got the business PR team.  And you got the spokespeople from the football team.

Among other things the lack of cohesion based on what some who know some of the people who work there via those who cover the team is you got some smart people there who get overridden by the douche owner.  But also the operation itself as always has been flawed by Dan's odd set up.  Dan's "lawyers" I gather is the most vintage Dan.  That's not hard to deduce when his lawyers speak to the media.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

As a loyal Sox fan, I am not sure this is great. Henry has been mostly a good owner, bringing in good people and winning championships. 

On the other hand, the team had a bad habit of every time they let a star player leave (often for good reason, mind you) there would be sear jobs about them in the press. One or two was one thing, but there have been way too many. The team seems to try to cover up the potential PR hit form letting a big name go by undermining them in the press, which is, imo, genuinely slimy.

More importantly, he let the guy who built the first two title teams be pushed out by one of his upper management buddies who wanted to run things himself, leading to a major downswing.

And lately, the team has seemingly shifted to entirely a money making emphasis. Where they once seemed willing to do what it took to win championships, they are now letting stars go, avoiding long-term deals and trying to build with cheap talent. It's not going great.

I'd vote no if I had the veto on this right now (depending on the other options, of course). 

I am a lifelong Red Sox fan as well.  I am well aware that since John Henry purchased the team the scoreboard on rings is Red Sox 4 Yankees 1.  So I'm OK with that.

But a lot of what you say is true, they are getting "cheap" by Red Sox standards.  But that's more a function of the insane long term contracts being signed today.  Even a team as wealthy as the Red Sox would struggle to field a team if you are paying on the back end of those contracts $50 million a year to a broken down player. So I'm not sure it's a matter of John Henry suddenly becoming cheap, they are reacting to the market so this may not translate to the football team  

I never did understand the Theo thing.  As this is not a Red Sox board would you mind sharing that with me via PM?  

10 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

About the nicest thing he could say, to be honest.

If you had ANY doubt about this orgs willingness to use and abuse Sean Taylor’s memory for personal gain, now you know.

They ain't done yet, isn't the Atlanta game supposed to be another Sean Taylor appreciation day?

Let that man rest in peace...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2