Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's speculating their win streak makes Dan less likely will see.  I get the thought, who knows, hope he's wrong

I understood the point being made here but Dans willingness to sell is pretty much moot at this point.  The owners want him gone…and they’re saturated with cause to vote him out.  

I was at the Vikings game right after the news came out.  You could feel an atmosphere of hope at the stadium.  The team goin on this run immediately after news of Dan selling is poetic justice. 

we’re on the verge of being a perennial contender.  A team that was built from the ground up via the draft in spite of Dans best meddling efforts.  This off-season is going to be special when we can finally move forward.  ….and Danny boy will have to sit and watch us eat as a franchise. 

• Like 5

even if he changes his mind I doubt a single jurisdiction does a stadium deal with him. 

12 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

This off-season is going to be special when we can finally move forward.

In terms of the actual football product theres very little they can do to move the needle. QB fix looks extremely unlikely. The hope is that they can finally get a real organizational structure that follows the traditional hierarchy that produces results instead of the one year game plans that the Head Coaches in charge do .

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

even if he changes his mind I doubt a single jurisdiction does a stadium deal with him. 

In terms of the actual football product theres very little they can do to move the needle. QB fix looks extremely unlikely. The hope is that they can finally get a real organizational structure that follows the traditional hierarchy that produces results instead of the one year game plans that the Head Coaches in charge do .

Yeah I get all that.  And true transition will take time.  Thing is, I dont underestimate the energy suck that little man is on our performance.  And with him gone, id be willing to bet on a significant increase in attendance as well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's speculating their win streak makes Dan less likely will see.  I get the thought, who knows, hope he's wrong

I get the thought too, however I don't think it matters.  

He retained BofA Securities which means he's serious.  I have to think he was pushed to this, he didn't just wake up and come to this conclusion.  There is a reason, which we might never know, why he decided to sell the team.  It could be Rodger is sitting on something MJW found out, and the quid-pro-quo is "sell the team, I'll bury this."  

It could be that he can't get a new stadium, and therefor the other owner told him to sell on his own before they forced him out. 

It could be other things.  I don't know.

But when I saw he had retained a very reputable IBank, the end seems in sight. You don't just do that on a whim.  There are a lot of protections in the agreements to make sure owners don't do that on a whim.  It wastes the IBanks time and money, and they don't like that. And they get half of Congress elected, so the rules are in their favor.

I think the decision to sell is almost reversable.  I mean, anything CAN happen.  But it would be extraordinarily rare for a sale not to come through at this point.  

21 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

They also have really, really good BBQ....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Scratch one billionaire off the prospective buyer's list.

Is Ballmer claiming he's suddenly not interested in buying ANY NFL team (after years of rampant speculation that he was a top future ownership candidate) because he never wanted to own a team OR is he saying this because he lost the bidding war for the Commanders and wants to save face?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is Ballmer claiming he's suddenly not interested in buying ANY NFL team (after years of rampant speculation that he was a top future ownership candidate) because he never wanted to own a team OR is he saying this because he lost the bidding war for the Commanders and wants to save face?

Either that or the intimidation display by Bezos thru the W.Post a couple of weeks ago took hold.

The one where everyone else was essentially told to give up and not waste their time.

Tumblr

Edited by FootballZombie

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan just now on air suggests things are going in the right direction as far as the sale. Sheehan rarely shares gossip but when he does he's very rarely wrong. 

Does he mention who the sale may be to? I assume the Bezos/JayZ group.

Just now, KDawg said:

Does he mention who the sale may be to? I assume the Bezos/JayZ group.

He didn't get into detail.  I was half listening to the first part but if i heard him right he said news could be in the offing -- but i have to relisten to that part because maybe I heard it wrong.  The part that I heard crystal clear was him saying as far as the sale of the team its moving in the right direction -- right direction meaning Dan actually selling 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He didn't get into detail.  I was half listening to the first part but if i heard him right he said news could be in the offing -- but i have to relisten to that part because maybe I heard it wrong.  The part that I heard crystal clear was him saying as far as the sale of the team its moving in the right direction -- right direction meaning Dan actually selling 

"...he said news could be in the offing..."

Maybe that guy that claimed one of Dan's closest friends told him the deal was all but done was actually telling the truth.

If so, we should be getting a Schefter, or similar high profile reporter, breaking news leak in the next few days.

Hee, hee, I'm getting downright giddy!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye