Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

I'll be satisfied if a Hiver can say that they think it is indeed a good idea for a QB to toss up an underthrown ball that had a huge chance of being intercepted when the team is down by 6 points, is on the opposing team's 35 yard line, it's 1st and 10, we have 40 seconds left on the clock, and 2 timeouts.

Is someone willing to say they think that's a very good idea?

Edited by mistertim
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Please let’s not disrespect the poor guys memory.  Sure, be wasn’t a good QB for us, but he lost his life in a tragic way so some sense of decorum would be appropriate.  

I’m sorry he passed, but that doesn’t exempt someone from any kind of criticism in their life. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Nail biter game.  Great ending but dang.   Almost felt bad for the Colts fans.  They were confident before the last drive (and for good reason).   Then Terry happened.  

Lucas Oil is a damn nice stadium.  Colts fans were all incredibly nice and great sports

• Like 8

We are  half way through the season, ona 3 game winning streak, tied for a wild card spot.

Anyone that is concerned about the draft needs to shutt up. As I've said all week, we are tied for the 2nd most top 5 picks in the NFL since 2010.

We need to try to win and create a culture of winning.

TH has it. Not the talent of a top QB but still the magic. He is my QB rest of year and, BTW, is 7-3 in his last 10 starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'll be satisfied if a Hiver can say that they think it is indeed a good idea for a QB to toss up an underthrown ball that had a huge chance of being intercepted when the team is down by 6 points, is on the opposing team's 35 yard line, it's 1st and 10, we have 40 seconds left on the clock, and 2 timeouts.

In my opinion, you’re reaching. The least likely thing to happen on that play is DB making a miraculous interception of a WR. 99% likely it’s incomplete. The idea that it was should’ve been picked off goes against my 30 years of watching DBs and WRs fight for football 30 plus yards down the field. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

In my opinion, you’re reaching. The least likely thing to happen on that play is DB making a miraculous interception over a WR. 99% likely it’s incomplete. The idea that it should’ve been picked off goes against my 30 years of watching DBs and WRs fight for the football 30 plus yards down the field. 

Edited by wit33

20 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone that roots for draft picks instead of wins is not a true fan. It's that simple.  

This early in the season? Honestly yeah. It's nonsense to push for picks in October when we're in a wildcard race.

Weeks 16-18 and we are in a race for the top pick, I get it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'll be satisfied if a Hiver can say that they think it is indeed a good idea for a QB to toss up an underthrown ball that had about a huge chance of being intercepted when the team is down by 6 points, is on the opposing team's 35 yard line, it's 1st and 10, we have 40 seconds left on the clock, and 2 timeouts.

I'm not a Hiver, but I think it was a great idea - basically won the game.

How about you ask Terry and Taylor if they thought it was a good idea?

:229:The Rook

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMK9973 said:

We are  half way through the season, ona 3 game winning streak, tied for a wild card spot.

Anyone that is concerned about the draft needs to shutt up. As I've said all week, we are tied for the 2nd most top 5 picks in the NFL since 2010.

We need to try to win and create a culture of winning.

TH has it. Not the talent of a top QB but still the magic. He is my QB rest of year and, BTW, is 7-3 in his last 10 starts.

TH elevating himself to Alex Smith status IMHO....

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I will say this:  if by some miracle the football gods have deemed that TH gets every possible break this season and they somehow split the next 2 games (or better), then I would not pull him for Carson immediately.  If he goes on a 4-1 run, fine, keep playing him.  

Ride the hot hand and if he’s somehow touched by God or something and is just not going to lose, keep him in there.

He reminds me a bit of the 8 or so game stretch the Broncos played with Tebow at QB before they smartly dumped him, I believe in favor of Peyton Manning coming off a neck injury.  

Tebow played like doggy doodoo for 55 minutes and then pulled some miraculous **** and they would win. He even did it to the Steelers in the playoffs.  Hit a crosser which was taken for a TD.

If they somehow get on that kind of run, you don’t mess with chemistry until the off-season.

I don’t think that’s possible, but frankly, I didn’t think it was possible for Tebow either.   So only God knows.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Because its all ****ing meaningless because its the wrong thing to do. Get back to me in April when were drafting 12th and we have no QB with Ron Rivera and his trash staff picking the 3rd rung of QB prospects. All just to end up with 6 wins again. 

I want off this ride of meaningless wins that just hurt the team in the long run. 

If it’s all meaningless then why are you still watching?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Better than taking a sack.  Would have been better to have a Qb who could deliver the ball but we don’t have that option. It’s hinicke or wentz when he gets healthy. I’d rather roll with hinicke…  

If howell could rub two sticks together I think we would have seen him on the field by now.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

LOL   Unreal. Give TH props. If the D can just keep the game close, he does have some 2-minute magic in him. And the team likes playing for him. D doesn't seem to mind the bad play for the better part 3.5 Qs LOL.

Problem is against good teams they will not be able to keep it this close. But good for him and the team. Back to .500 at the almost midpoint of the season. That will change in a bad way soon. But give credit where it's due. 

Glad for @Skinsinparadise that he got to see a win. I saw the TH late game magic in Atl last year. It is fun. Not at all sustainable, but it is fun. 

It was a ton of fun.  The best comeback I've seen in a live game.  The best one I saw before that was the Kirk one againist Philly -- Kirk of course now being the future opponent QB.   

Should be interesting to see the next two games, good opponents.

Some here dsagree but I think this defense is legit.   It would be even better if it had a complementary offense but alas that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Heinicke IMO was lousy for much of that game but I'll give him props for the two last drives -- clutch.  And Terry's catch was unbelievable. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Just now, mistertim said:

I'll be satisfied if a Hiver can say that they think it is indeed a good idea for a QB to toss up an underthrown ball that had about a huge chance of being intercepted when the team is down by 6 points, is on the opposing team's 35 yard line, it's 1st and 10, we have 40 seconds left on the clock, and 2 timeouts.

Its hard to say that when your preposition is wrong. 

TH, broke the pocket and communicated to Terry to break deep (after the play collapsed) before the throw.  A lot of things happened to pull that off. It was a improvised throw and Terry won the epitome of a 50/50 ball. TH trusted him to do that.   

I don't know who a Hiver is and TH isn't the end all or a close 3rd to what ever that is, but for this team at this moment, I'll take him over CW.   I just need Scott and Ron to realize that we are not a run first team.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok he was smart enough to throw it to his best player on a total prayer which was badly under thrown and most likely results in disaster.  

Taylor just now: I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that.

Terry said I got loose from Gilmore during the scramble and Taylor saw me and give me a chance to catch a contested ball. 

Again not a PERFECT throw after all that scrambling but it got the job done. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

In my opinion, you’re reaching. The least likely thing to happen on that play is DB making a miraculous interception of a WR. 99% likely it’s incomplete. The idea that it was should’ve been picked off goes against my 30 years of watching DBs and WRs fight for football 30 plus yards down the field. 

I don’t believe that you really believe that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Rook said:

I'm not a Hiver, but I think it was a great idea - basically won the game.

How about you ask Terry and Taylor if they thought it was a good idea?

:229:The Rook

Of course it looks like an ok idea in retrospect. But if Terry hadn't made a miraculous play and snatched away what would have been an INT it would be (correctly IMO) panned as an absolutely idiotic game ending decision. Because there was plenty of time on the clock, we had good field position, plenty of downs, and 2 timeouts left.

So it was a dumb pass by pretty much any standards other than hindsight. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Luck? Taylor knew what he was doing and who he was gunning for when he motioned Terry to go when Terry was stopped. Like I have said before it was an improvised throw and not just a normal route throw where a QB knows where the WR is going to be. Taylor threw the ball hoping Terry would be in the spot and if there was no defender there than everyone would have been like what an awesome throw so it made it look like hail mary throw which I think what it turned out to be and our guy won the battle. But if you want to just turn on your blinders more power to you. I know what I saw and it was not a lucky a throw - it was a huge gamble throw and we come up on top of it. End of story. 

YaZIegxM0Y.jpg

• Thumb down 1