Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That was a fun win, but how smug is Snyder tonight? I hate the idea of that turd being happy.

Hopefully he saw the numerous signs our fans were holding that said “sell the team” and “thank you mr Irsay”.  And hopefully he heard the chants with the cameras on us as we (and many colt fans) yelled “sell the team”.  

maybe he didn’t or maybe he doesn’t care.   Either way i enjoy it.  He is a little prick and the entire NFL from fans to players  know it. 

24 minutes ago, CO68 said:

The ‘instant gratification, slap a label on you if you don’t succeed right away’ crowd is the problem. That’s what it looked like was being called out. They don’t care about anything aside from some desperate need to feel right about something. Labeling someone a bust after 1 season is the definition of impatience. Honest assessment of what? You proving your impatience, sure. You have nothing against him but you can’t say anything positive, and feel the need to keep slapping on the negatives. He wasn’t the #1 pick, he wasn’t pick 5 or 10, but a raw talent taken at 19. 

You gave him one halfassed compliment and even that was quickly followed by a but. You kept going on about him. A “LONG, LONG way to go”. It was 99% negative but, no, you’re not dumping on him at all 🙄 But whatever, if you want to be in the emo, hipster crowd quick to label everyone a failure, then have at it. 

When someone is challenging you for being negative about a player (as in you are WRONG to be negative) then, if you want to reply and back up your negative assessment, then of course those reasons are going to be negative ones.  That's not "dumping" on someone.  It's defending a point of view.  There's a big difference.  

I feel - and it's MY opinion, and I'm a bit amused you're getting so bent out of shape about an opinion you clearly don't share (which is totally fine with me) - Davis does indeed have a long, long way to go to justify being taken in the first round.  

Not sure why you're so hung up on a stranger's opinion that doesn't sync with your own.  I don't mean that combatively.   I don't have issues with differing opinions, no matter if they're negative or positive.

You and I are clearly at opposite ends of the spectrum in regard to our opinion of the player, and that's not gonna change (or maybe it will depending on Davis' play?) anytime soon.  Cool.  No worries.  I don't feel the need to get in a back-and-forth on a message board about something as mundane as this.  I'm sure you don't really want that either.  We both have lives.  And in total honestly, there isn't one freaking topic on this message board that I have time or interest in going back and forth on to a long degree, that is.  Many more important things in life to pour energy and attention into. 😁

You don't agree with my post and take issue with it.  Cool.  Doesn't bother me.  I got respect for your position though.  I just don't happen to agree at this particular time.  All good, bro.

Edited by Redwards

4 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Uhhh.....not the same situation.

Laugh all you want. Watched the Eagles game and the plays were different circumstances. Brown won the catches based on height and position. Mclaruin did a great job of catching an under pressure underthrown ball. That's why he got paid. 

Just now, zCommander said:

Terry motioned Taylor to throw it to him. So looks like it was a good idea. 

Breaking News: NFL Wide Receiver Wants Ball

My point isn't what the receiver wanted, it was whether it was an objectively good decision and what coaches would say. I doubt you'd find any NFL coaches who would want him to do what he did given the game situation.

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Good thing Ehlinger fell short of his scramble run. It looked like he could have gotten an extra step or two for the first down. If he did it would have been over.

And its a good thing Frank Reich has no balls. Why are so many coaches afraid of QB sneak? Same thing happened earlier in the game, 3rd down and Colts have it and ball is practically touching the goal line, and I don't know what BS they ran that lost four yards.

Can anyone on here remember Tom Brady ever getting stuffed on 4th and inches? The guy is the GOAT, but is there some weird magic behind a QB sneak that I don't see?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

My point isn't what the receiver wanted, it was whether it was an objectively good decision and what coaches would say. I doubt you'd find any NFL coaches who would want him to do what he did given the game situation.

There was NO ONE open except he saw Terry break away. No coach is not going to tell the QB to not throw to a player who is one on one. Game on the line and less than a minute left. Do or die moment. Get real man. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

there's no point in going back and forth with someone who just flat out doesn't like a player, you'll never convince them otherwise.

IMO Th didn't play very well, but then again WTH was going on in warm-ups???   They DID go out for them, didn't they? Why was most offensive players looking like they were playing on frozen ice, slipping and losing their footing?  Once again poor prep by the wonderful coaching staff.

O-line, wow, just awful. Everyone is so focused on getting an 8 ft tall QB who can throw the ball 150 mph on a rope, but absolutely no concern for getting a competent coaching/training staff. There's enough weapons on this team to be competitive, but when a half-ass OC and DC throw together a bread and butter plain jane game plan it wouldn't matter WHO comes in the be QB. 

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

There was NO ONE open except he saw Terry break away. No coach is not going to tell the QB to not throw to a player who is one on one. Get real man. 

No coach is going to tell a QB to throw up a pass that has a very good chance of being intercepted and ending the game when the team is down by 6, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35 yard line, 40 seconds left on the clock and 2 timeouts.

They'll tell the QB to throw it away and live to play another down, because you have 3 more downs, almost 40 seconds left, and 2 timeouts. Which is practically an eternity in that situation.

It was an objectively stupid play where Heinicke got incredibly lucky that Terry bailed him out. Which is exactly what everyone (probably including the coaches) would be saying right now if he hadn't gotten lucky and it was intercepted instead of Terry making a miraculous catch.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Terry was wide open with nothing between him and the end zone when he threw it, with under a minute left in the game. I can't imagine a coach NOT wanting their QB to make that throw.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

No coach is going to tell a QB to throw up a pass that has a very good chance of being intercepted

That's just it...it didn't have a very good chance of being intercepted when he threw the ball...if Heinicke checked down and threw an incompletion and they lost the game, everyone and their dead grandmothers would have faulted him for not seeing McLaurin wide open and would be saying he lost them the game.

• Like 2

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Terry was wide open with nothing between him and the end zone when he threw it, with under a minute left in the half. I can't imagine a coach NOT wanting their QB to make that throw.

40 seconds left, 2 timeouts, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35 yard line is tons of time. The choice between throwing it away when flushed and using your remaining 3 downs vs basically tossing up a hail mary duck that has a really good chance of being intercepted isn't much of a choice.

As I've said, literally the only way that's a good decision is with hindsight. Otherwise it's an objectively stupid throw to make. Especially with a guy who has a noodle arm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

No coach is going to tell a QB to throw up a pass that has a very good chance of being intercepted and ending the game when the team is down by 6, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35 yard line, 40 seconds left on the clock and 2 timeouts.

They'll tell the QB to throw it away and live to play another down, because you have 3 more downs, almost 40 seconds left, and 2 timeouts. Which is practically an eternity in that situation.

It was an objectively stupid play where Heinicke got incredibly lucky that Terry bailed him out. Which is exactly what everyone (probably including the coaches) would be saying right now if he hadn't gotten lucky and it was intercepted instead of Terry making a miraculous catch.

Extreme talent (by Terry) trumps luck any day. ;)

Or as Taylor said last week:

"When I see Terry out there 1-on-1, you pay that guy a lot of money, right?" Heinicke said. "So let's give him a chance. He had two or three huge third-down conversions in the second half. And you can just tell, there's a reason why we paid this guy. He's a really good player."

• Like 1

Just now, zCommander said:

Extreme talent (by Terry) trumps luck any day. ;)

Or as Taylor said last week:

"When I see Terry out there 1-on-1, you pay that guy a lot of money, right?" Heinicke said. "So let's give him a chance. He had two or three huge third-down conversions in the second half. And you can just tell, there's a reason why we paid this guy. He's a really good player."

And again I'd bet money that if he hadn't gotten lucky and been bailed out by Terry that Rivera would be tearing him a new asshole right now for making a stupid decision that cost them the game.

The only way that play was ever a good decision was with hindsight.

Just now, mistertim said:

40 seconds left, 2 timeouts, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35 yard line is tons of time. The choice between throwing it away when flushed and using your remaining 3 downs vs basically tossing up a hail mary duck that has a really good chance of being intercepted isn't much of a choice.

As I've said, literally the only way that's a good decision is with hindsight. Otherwise it's an objectively stupid throw to make. Especially with a guy who has a noodle arm.

When the WR is wide open and it's a sure TD, it's no longer a hail mary duck...

You never, EVER, leave sure-fire points off the scoreboard in order to play it safe. Especially when you need a TD to win and not just a field goal. That was as close to sure-fire points as it gets without it actually becoming points.

Just now, mistertim said:

And again I'd bet money that if he hadn't gotten lucky and been bailed out by Terry that Rivera would be tearing him a new asshole right now for making a stupid decision that cost them the game.

The only way that play was ever a good decision was with hindsight.

Give it up man. You'll enjoy your night more if you log off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And its a good thing Frank Reich has no balls. Why are so many coaches afraid of QB sneak? Same thing happened earlier in the game, 3rd down and Colts have it and ball is practically touching the goal line, and I don't know what BS they ran that lost four yards.

Can anyone on here remember Tom Brady ever getting stuffed on 4th and inches? The guy is the GOAT, but is there some weird magic behind a QB sneak that I don't see?

Yeah, got to give Th credit. He did it right for the TD. Go low and quick on an opening between his Olinenen.

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

When the WR is wide open and it's a sure TD, it's no longer a hail mary duck...

You never, EVER, leave sure-fire points off the scoreboard in order to play it safe. Especially when you need a TD to win and not just a field goal. That was as close to sure-fire points as it gets without it actually becoming points.

For a QB with an NFL arm, you might have a point (though it would still be somewhat risky since it was after the play mostly broke down) but with Heinicke that basically goes out the window because even when planted he would have trouble with that throw, but in this situation he couldn't even get his body into it so it was very underthrown.

So that was very very far from being even close to a "sure TD" in this situation. And this situation is the one we're talking about.