Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Posters that enjoy games like yesterdays make posts about Debbie downers and whatever else they refer to me as and I just keep posting, not caring about what they think.  Give it a try.

Not true, at least for me. I enjoyed winning yesterday (mainly cause losing isn’t fun) and I haven’t called anyone a Debbie downer. don’t lump us all into one group :) 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man, if it was slightly not accurate, it wouldn’t be up for debate.  Slightly not accurate balls get caught no questions asked all the time.  An average arm has Terry scoring standing up. The ball was not ‘slightly’ under thrown.

Agreed 💯.  That is a terrible NFL!! throw.  Lets just call a spade a spade please.  I would not be perturbed if we could all just acknowledge this.  Furthermore, we have been devoid of  real NFL quarterback play for so long, that as soon as anyone, playing that position, for this team, leads the team to some level of success, ie wins, we are ready to crown this guy as the next coming.  

Just goes to show you that winning cures all, but it also gives you a false sense of security and over values your own team/players, because we are desperate. (me included)

Also don't forget who we beat the last two weeks with TH.  Packers and Colts.  Context is everything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Just goes to show you that winning cures all, but it also gives you a false sense of security and over values your own team/players, because we are desperate. (me included)

Also don't forget who we beat the last two weeks with TH.  Packers and Colts.  Context is everything.

Mainly agree, but before the Packers game, even though GB was looking like crap, how many were saying "ooooooh, Rodgers is gonna put up 400 yards on us?"

19 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Agreed 💯.  That is a terrible NFL!! throw.  Lets just call a spade a spade please.  I would not be perturbed if we could all just acknowledge this.  Furthermore, we have been devoid of  real NFL quarterback play for so long, that as soon as anyone, playing that position, for this team, leads the team to some level of success, ie wins, we are ready to crown this guy as the next coming.  

Wentz, on the other hand, would have rocketed the ball, leading Terry through the end zone and 3 yards past the end line for an incompletion.

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Wentz, on the other hand, would have rocketed the ball, leading Terry through the end zone and 3 yards past the end line for an incompletion.

What’s with the ‘Wentz would…’ schtick?

It’s not just you doing it, but I’ve been seeing it a lot.  I’ve seen nobody calling for more Wentz, not now or ever.

I also disagree, in that Carson probably gets sacked on this play but had he actually bought time to make the throw, it’s a standing TD.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Exactly!

I'm happier we won than had we lost but as far as excitement goes I'll save that for when we start winning like the chiefs and bills.

Until then this is all just smoke and mirrors.

I don’t even know we have to win like those two, but is it too much to ask that we win 34-17 every once in awhile? Even bad teams put it altogether on occasion, but we never do. We have way too much talent on offense to look this stagnant every single week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What’s with the ‘Wentz would…’ schtick?

It’s not just you doing it, but I’ve been seeing it a lot.  I’ve seen nobody calling for more Wentz, not now or ever.

I also disagree, in that Carson probably gets sacked on this play but had he actually bought time to make the throw, it’s a standing TD.

It's just that, schtick.  But it's my way of opining that Wentz hasn't shown me the clutch gene yet and that his arm strength can be a liability if he doesn't calibrate his throws with a softer touch when needed.

Just now, Dan T. said:

It's just that, schtick.  But it's my way of opining that Wentz hasn't shown me the clutch gene yet and that his arm strength can be a liability if he doesn't calibrate his throws with a softer touch when needed.

I thought week one was a pretty good showing for him on that end.  

I agree on the touch piece for short passes, but his long ball is pretty sweet.  In fact, it seems to be one of the only redeeming factors of his game he has left.

I'm a little puzzled at the decision of those who don't enjoy wins to keep watching.

Watching a loss is not fun even if it's the desired outcome. And if winning isn't fun for you either, then I genuinely do not understand the point in continuing to watch the games.

You all could have watched SF-LAR instead and seen a better on-field product. Why bother with the Commies at that point?

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

First, no one is crowing TH from what I have read. Excited for a win. Yes. Players are too and they should be after how the season started and there was lots of hope.

Second, do you watch all of the teams every Sunday? Plenty of QBs including the vets are making terrible NFL throws lol

He didn't set his feet properly after scrambling before that throw and sure it wasn't a pretty perfect throw or a dime and so it was off a bit. **** happens. Our best WR who gets paid a lot made a great effort to go to the ball and snatch it from the air and the DB made a great play trying to take it out of Terry's hands but Terry won that battle. 

Context has nothing to do with that pass. 

• Haha 1

I love Terry but he needs to stop with the ripping his helmet off to celebrate crap. It's gonna burn us at some point, like it did DJ Moore and the Panthers yesterday. Terry got lucky that we called a timeout right before he did it and I highly doubt he contemplated in a couple seconds " wait because of the timeout, I'm allowed to do this. " He was too amped to think that way. He got a huge break in Green Bay. The refs missed it. We also got lucky when Montez Sweat did it a couple of games ago. I don't care what people think about this rule, it's a rule! And the league is harping on it. So quit doing it!!! Or it will burn us badly and we'll all lose our friggin minds if it loses the game for us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I love Terry but he needs to stop with the ripping his helmet off to celebrate crap. It's gonna burn us at some point, like it did DJ Moore and the Panthers yesterday. Terry got lucky that we called a timeout right before he did it and I highly doubt he contemplated in a couple seconds " wait because of the timeout, I'm allowed to do this. " He was too amped to think that way. He got a huge break in Green Bay. The refs missed it. We also got lucky when Montez Sweat did it a couple of games ago. I don't care what people think about this rule, it's a rule! And the league is harping on it. So quit doing it!!! Or it will burn us badly and we'll all lose our friggin minds if it loses the game for us.

I think Terry heard the refs blowing their whistles to signify the timeout and then took it off.

He doesn't strike me as the type to be undisciplined, unlike Montez Sweat, who strikes me as a bit of a dumbass in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking we’ve been getting VERY lucky on the taking off helmets rule lately…..the sweat one, I can see how that wasn’t a penalty, cause he didn’t take it off to showboat, he took it off just as he was about to get to our sideline, so it wasn’t a “look at me, look at me” type of thing. 

the mclaurin one last week Vs the packers, I don’t exactly remember the situation so can’t speak on that

yesterday, yeah I’ll agree the timeout REALLYYYY bailed him out there. 

23 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm a little puzzled at the decision of those who don't enjoy wins to keep watching.

Watching a loss is not fun even if it's the desired outcome. And if winning isn't fun for you either, then I genuinely do not understand the point in continuing to watch the games.

You all could have watched SF-LAR instead and seen a better on-field product. Why bother with the Commies at that point?

That's a damn good question, if you figure it out please let me know.

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'll chip in on that one. I would have been quite happy with a good game, coupled with a last minute defeat. The only way we are going to get better is better draft picks. Sadly the last two weeks have been dreadful games with late wins which is the total opposite of what I want (or we need). We will remain a mediocre to awful team for years, and waste the few elite players we actually have.

2 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'll chip in on that one. I would have been quite happy with a good game, coupled with a last minute defeat. The only way we are going to get better is better draft picks. Sadly the last two weeks have been dreadful games with late wins which is the total opposite of what I want (or we need). We will remain a mediocre to awful team for years, and waste the few elite players we actually have.

So, during games, you root against your team and for the opposition so Washington improves their draft picks? I can see that maybe once the team is mathematically eliminated, but before that, it seems odd. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, duffy said:

So, during games, you root against your team and for the opposition so Washington improves their draft picks? I can see that maybe once the team is mathematically eliminated, but before that, it seems odd. 

I don't root for losses until we're mathematically eliminated. 

What I want is to win some games like the cowboys did yesterday, hard fought, not perfect, I'm not asking for perfection but good football that leads to convincing wins.

What we always get even when we win is just plain ugliness that results in a close and extremely fortuitous victory that we can never be proud of.

That's really just it, I want to be proud of this team again and it's not possible winning ugly with a bad owner a bad stadium a bad name, etc.

This team needs a new owner, hopefully a new name but I'm not holding my breath on that one, and a complete makeover that brings them back to respectability. 

Until then it's just a **** show that somehow finds a way to win a few games against bad teams.

Edited by redskinss
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I see the logic, but in practice I think rooting for good football ending in a loss ultimately creates a weird dissonance.

Also, I disagree that the only way to get better is better draft picks. There are talented players in the first few rounds at all pick ranges and establishing a winning culture will attract free agents to complement a homegrown core.

It takes time to build up a program and the truly elite teams are a combination of draft picks and FAs. The draft picks form the core, gaps are filled by FAs, and then newer draft picks replace the players who leave for more $$ elsewhere.

We are not at the position where going 2-14 helps us except insofar as it affects getting a Quarterback, which you can specifically target and trade up for if necessary anyway.  

We have been developing draft picks at a decent rate under this regime. Seeing St. Juste become our best Corner, Forrest make plays and Jamin stepping up has been major for the defense. We need to live in the moment and give accurate assessment instead of being led by our bitterness from the last 20 years. 

Ron has his weaknesses, but I don't hear far enough credit to his strengths. He is an excellent leader. He has been developing his players. He has the respect and ears of that locker room. If you listen to our players, they have a great mentality right now. We haven't always had that. 

The discussions about his faults are warranted, but we have a bad habit of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and wondering why nothing is ever built. In a lot of ways, we have adopted the mentality of Snyder. Before we run him out of town, I will acknowledge that there has been good during the Rivera era.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

@Jumbo I am glad I made you laugh. TH entertainment on the field while I do my best to provide entertainment off the field 😂

Smile and you will live longer. 😁

😀 I'll put you in the emoji-sensitive protocol.

Amigo, you are so mental over this topic that if I wasn't retired I'd feel obliged to commit you to an isolation ward like the fantasy forum 😈 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, duffy said:

For me, it's not just odd but its preposterous. A higher draft pick doesn't even come close to guaranteeing anything. To jump up off of my couch and say YES!! after Heinicke's int  yesterday ( the way several fans on this board sound like they do ) is completely and utterly ludicrous. I have never watched a fan do this in person but if I do, I may file a 5150 hold and have them sent to the hospital for a mental evaluation. That's how absurd that I find it.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking we’ve been getting VERY lucky on the taking off helmets rule lately…..the sweat one, I can see how that wasn’t a penalty, cause he didn’t take it off to showboat, he took it off just as he was about to get to our sideline, so it wasn’t a “look at me, look at me” type of thing. 

the mclaurin one last week Vs the packers, I don’t exactly remember the situation so can’t speak on that

yesterday, yeah I’ll agree the timeout REALLYYYY bailed him out there. 

The gb one was during his pumped up celebration after his go ahead touchdown catch vs Alexander. Which is fine but I just wish he'd wait til he gets to the sideline prior to ripping it off.

• Thumb up 1