Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

10 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Why the hell follow this team if you can’t appreciate a win? Step away and just stop following them, the colts aren’t some terrible team. The best teams in the league play games that come down to the wire, bad teams lose those games and good teams win. And no, I’m not saying we are a good team. Just that good teams play down to the wire most weeks. Its sad to be honest.

Because its all ****ing meaningless because its the wrong thing to do. Get back to me in April when were drafting 12th and we have no QB with Ron Rivera and his trash staff picking the 3rd rung of QB prospects. All just to end up with 6 wins again. 

I want off this ride of meaningless wins that just hurt the team in the long run. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We love TH but let's be honest, the baggage he's accrued in his time here affects the way we view passes like that. If Justin Fields made a play like that, fans and media pundits would have freaked out about it.

In a vacuum, the pass is a gamer pass. You come down with those sometimes and it's cool. In context, it can be seen as bittersweet because the good and bad of TH's whole career can be seen in it.

It's only seen as a "gamer" pass because it succeeded. The vast majority of the time that's going to be a game ending interception.

If Terry hadn't made a miraculous catch and the DB had held on to the INT, it would have been seen as almost as dumb a decision as Heinicke's first INT because we were 1st and 10 on the opposing team's 35 yard line with 40 seconds on the clock and 2 timeouts left.

It was a dumb, likely game ending, pass and he got bailed out big time.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Anyone pointing out TH underthrew TMC let me say if that was Cousins he would have chucked it out the back of the endzone god fearing an INT. TMC was smart enough to break deep and Taylor was smart enough to throw it to his best player.

This.

There was a cut on the replay where TH is literally communicating to Terry to turn it back up before making the throw.       That was big time.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Rook said:

If you can't appreciate the roller-coaster ride of a game like this, that is a shame.  That is the best we can hope for at this time with this owner. 

yeah, that’s what people are upset about. glad you enjoyed it 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

There is no hive. There’s a thread of people claiming there’s some hive, and a few people that appreciate that Heineke is gritty isn’t trash like he’s portrayed to be, but other than that it’s all in everyone’s head. Open up the thread and read it, the hive is imaginary. 

So what you are saying is that you are willing to concede that whining about the fans and telling them to stop watching the team is lame, right?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes, we won. Terry made an amazing play. I just think it's wild (but predictable) how the Hive somehow tries to make it seem like TH wasn't terrible for pretty much the entire game and didn't just get ultra lucky on that play.

If Carson throws that exact same pass, he gets crushed for inaccuracy.  100%

TH it’s Moxie.

• Like 3

Just now, Zim489 said:

Because its all ****ing meaningless because its the wrong thing to do. Get back to me in April when were drafting 12th and we have no QB with Ron Rivera and his trash staff picking the 3rd rung of QB prospects. All just to end up with 6 wins again. 

I want off this ride of meaningless wins that just hurt the team in the long run. 

If they lost you’d be saying they are trash and dump all over them. It doesn’t jive with your own personal agenda, which is to

lose and remove the owner. And that’s why it hurts, not cause you’re tired of meaningless wins that get them to .500 less than half way through the season. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

This game might cause Irsay to ratchet up the assault on Dan.

Gotta imagine he popped open the pill bottle after that one.

Lol!  Someone who understands everyone's demons! 

"Taking wins right now".  "Be happy that they are at least winning" etc, is a shame that this organization has come to this. 🤦‍♂️

This train of thought is what will keep this team and organization exactly where it is, and where it has been for the last 30 years....going nowhere fast.

But hey, at least we won.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Not even close to the same

Terry had 5 yards of separation w/ nobody over the top

TH threw a duck that turns the play into a contested catch jump ball w/ double reception.

A decent pass is a walk-in TD.

The pass we got once again risked our best players health by putting him in a high risk situation, the same thing that was done all last year.

That play could have been a pick, an injury for Terry or broken up. It had no business risking any of that.

This was not throwing a pass up to give a guy a chance. This was throwing a horrible pass to a wide open player that bails his QB our w/ a terrific play.

Terry wide open? Before or after he started running again? What I saw was Terry stopped in the middle of the field and then started running maybe ran too far and Taylor didn't know where he was going to end up. All I am saying it might have looked like a bad throw but the whole play was being improvised and yeah Terry gets all the creds for wrestling that ball out of the DB's hands though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

This.

There was a cut on the replay where TH is literally communicating to Terry to turn it back up before making the throw.       That was big time.  

Yeah I think people are missing the in-game communication with Terry there that we NEVER would have gotten out of Wentz.

It's OK that he underthrew it anyway because we had timeouts and enough time to run several goal line plays. He didn't throw a dime but he understood the situation really well.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s a pretty good team.

He doesn’t typically choke during 1:00 games. He saves it for Monday Night.  

Easily best team Kirk has had up there...

It jus feels like destiny...he played here, don't tell me he didn't make you pull your hair out during any 1 o'clock games ever :ols:

Defense is better with Curl playing out of his mind, Young may be back on a mission, running game is becoming respectable, Terry ain't playing no games and even Dotson may be back.

All we need is that projected Monday Rain system to come in on Sunday instead and Kirk gonna have flashbacks to November games against the Gaints...

k7O_82.gif

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Anyone pointing out TH underthrew TMC let me say if that was Cousins he would have chucked it out the back of the endzone god fearing an INT. TMC was smart enough to break deep and Taylor was smart enough to throw it to his best player.

Ok he was smart enough to throw it to his best player on a total prayer which was badly under thrown and most likely results in disaster.  

I disagree on Cousins.  That’s the type of throw he routinely makes these days when not playing on MNF.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

If they lost you’d be saying they are trash and dump all over them. It doesn’t jive with your own personal agenda, which is to

lose and remove the owner. And that’s why it hurts, not cause you’re tired of meaningless wins that get them to .500 less than half way through the season. 

Because they deserve it. They are an utterly rudderless trashcan organization. Ignoring Dan as best as we can, Ron has built absolutely nothing in his 3 offseasons. This is the same team that he took over year one. A bad team that wins lucky against equally bad teams while losing to good teams. Any loss gets us closer to getting rid of these effing jokes of football people. 

16 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Why the hell follow this team if you can’t appreciate a win? Step away and just stop following them, the colts aren’t some terrible team. The best teams in the league play games that come down to the wire, bad teams lose those games and good teams win. And no, I’m not saying we are a good team. Just that good teams play down to the wire most weeks. Its sad to be honest.

I know right? The Falcs are leading their division because the QB on the other team took his helmet off. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Terry wide open? Before or after he started running again? What I saw was Terry stopped in the middle of the field and then started running maybe ran too far and Taylor didn't know where he was going to end up. All I am saying it might have looked like a bad throw but the whole play was being improvised and yeah Terry gets all the creds for wrestling that ball out of the DB's hands though. 

It was 100% improvised.  TH waved him to go down the field on the play.   and 100%  Pt2.  Terry gets all the creds for wrestling/securing the ball on a contested play.   I love everything about that play working out. 

In short,  - Hate that it came down to it. but fantastically good that it turned into a W.