Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Indy ~ Jim Irsay The People's Champ Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

1638968134_ScreenShot2022-10-30at7_15_40PM.thumb.png.beb0abb1113fde9d33d365ef2e549a12.png

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Lol.....this forum is drunk and out of control.

You new here?

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for the record, I’m aware that most games are close in the NFL.  I generally subscribe to the ‘a win is a win’ theory.

But it’s really disingenuous to pretend that these “gritty” wins like Chicago and today in Indy are anything more than getting a W for sucking less than the competition, than it is winning.  Just because the game ends with a win, doesn’t mean it’s winning football.  

I'm assuming the ass-ramming we're going to get by the Vikings and Eagles will quell some of the excitement.  

Win one of those two games and maybe we'll have something.  But overall, I agree.  Beating a ****ty Bears team, a quickly declining Packers team and a ****ty Colts team is nice but we barely squeaked by.  Exactly, the Commies just sucked a little less than the competition.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for the record, I’m aware that most games are close in the NFL.  I generally subscribe to the ‘a win is a win’ theory.

But it’s really disingenuous to pretend that these “gritty” wins like Chicago and today in Indy are anything more than getting a W for sucking less than the competition.  Just because the game ends with a win, doesn’t mean it’s winning football.  

These all feel like the utterly terrible games we won in 2020. And then again in 2021. And then the ugly ones we have seen thus far this year. I honestly cant remember the last good win we have had. A game where it felt like we won a good game against an equally good team playing to the best of our abilities. Every single win has felt like we have sucked a little less than the other team in the Ron Regime. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Terry doesn’t make the miraculous catch and is intercepted, which with that throw in that spot is by far the greatest probability:

I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that. but since my arm is the worst in the league I under threw him by 8 yards even though he was open and it got picked off.  Gee, I wish I had NFL talent, I would actually be a good QB.  But it isn’t, so I am what I am.  Sorry for the honesty. 

Ah - analytics.  Coach likes those. ;)

A different honesty:

"I threw it to my best receiver who was in one-on-one coverage.  Not my best pass, but I trust Terry." 

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Redwards said:

So...giving an honest assessment of a player - if in the negative - is considered dumping on a player now?

That's right up there with having a negative critique label you as a "hater".

Davis is playing like a 3rd rounder at the moment.  He was a first round pick.  So, yeah...in my opinion (and if it differs from yours, you need to be able to respect that) he's currently a bust.  If he was picked in the 3rd, then no, I would not label him a bust.  Can he climb out of that over the course of the season?  Sure.  Didn't say he wouldn't.  Didn't say he would.

Oh, and when I said I have nothing against him, that was true as well.  Doesn't mean I'm impressed with his play relative to his draft postion though.  But, I guess because I feel that way, I'm somehow "dumping on him".   Sorry.  That isn't the case.  

The reason I responded to his post was because the post was calling out all the Davis doubters as if, somehow, they should feel ashamed and are proven wrong.  I took issue with that and backed up my thoughts.  There's nothing impatient or overzealous about that.  

The ‘instant gratification, slap a label on you if you don’t succeed right away’ crowd is the problem. That’s what it looked like was being called out. They don’t care about anything aside from some desperate need to feel right about something. Labeling someone a bust after 1 season is the definition of impatience. Honest assessment of what? You proving your impatience, sure. You have nothing against him but you can’t say anything positive, and feel the need to keep slapping on the negatives. He wasn’t the #1 pick, he wasn’t pick 5 or 10, but a raw talent taken at 19. 

You gave him one halfassed compliment and even that was quickly followed by a but. You kept going on about him. A “LONG, LONG way to go”. It was 99% negative but, no, you’re not dumping on him at all 🙄 But whatever, if you want to be in the emo, hipster crowd quick to label everyone a failure, then have at it. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm assuming the ass-ramming we're going to get by the Vikings and Eagles will quell some of the excitement.  

Win one of those two games and maybe we'll have something.  But overall, I agree.  Beating a ****ty Bears team, a quickly declining Packers team and a ****ty Colts team is nice but we barely squeaked by.  Exactly, the Commies just sucked a little less than the competition.

Yep!!!

But it is okay to enjoy that players, who you like, play well and win/ :815:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

These all feel like the utterly terrible games we won in 2020. And then again in 2021. And then the ugly ones we have seen thus far this year. I honestly cant remember the last good win we have had. A game where it felt like we won a good game against an equally good team playing to the best of our abilities. Every single win has felt like we have sucked a little less than the other team in the Ron Regime. 

When was the last win that didn't come down to the last minute. These last 2 years has aged me from stress.

• Like 2

Davis is playing much better than a 3rd round pick right now. I'm not really sure what "playing like a 3rd rounder" even means. How do you quantify that? But he's playing much better football. That stop on 3rd and goal was tremendous. Kid is finally figuring things out.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Terry doesn’t make the miraculous catch and is intercepted, which with that throw in that spot is by far the greatest probability:

I had nothing underneath and the OL was giving me some more time and I was scrambling and I saw Terry and threw it to him knowing he would get that. but since my arm is the worst in the league I under threw him by 8 yards even though he was open and it got picked off.  Gee, I wish I had NFL talent, I would actually be a good QB.  But it isn’t, so I am what I am.  Sorry for the honesty. 

This message is for you from Taylor: 

“I don’t care about doubters. I don’t care what they have to say,” Heinicke said, via Ethan Cadeaux of NBCSportsWashington.com. “I care about the people who believe in me, and I want to prove them right. That means more to me than anyone else that has something negative to say. . . . I want to prove the people that believe in me right more than the doubters wrong. I could care less about those people.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

This message is for you from Taylor: 

“I don’t care about doubters. I don’t care what they have to say,” Heinicke said, via Ethan Cadeaux of NBCSportsWashington.com. “I care about the people who believe in me, and I want to prove them right. That means more to me than anyone else that has something negative to say. . . . I want to prove the people that believe in me right more than the doubters wrong. I could care less about those people.”

Yeah, except all he proved today is he’s a bad QB who got massively lucky.  

If the people who believe in him can’t see that they are fools and will be fired soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I thought Terry is leading the lead in contested catches and catches with less than 33% probability of completion. Pretty good standards to try when he was one-on-one. 

Did you see the rest of the field?  Everyone was covered in that trips-right formation they ran.   What did you want him to do - throw it out of bounds?  🤷‍♂️

In that situation? Of course throwing it out of bounds would be the smart play.

And I'd make a sizeable bet that if you gave any NFL HC or OC that scenario: down by 6, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35, 40 seconds on the clock and 2 timeouts left, and the options are for your QB to throw it away or toss up a pass for grabs that has a very good chance of being intercepted and ending the game, every one of them would say throw it out of bounds and use the next 3 downs to get it into the end zone.

Again, the only way that play is ever a good idea is in hindsight because we got lucky.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You're just mad because you thought the team would lose every game for the rest of the season with Heineke and he's now 2-0. :rofl89:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, except all he proved today is he’s a bad QB who got massively lucky.  

If the people who believe in him can’t see that they are fools and will be fired soon.  

Only if Wentz made lucky throws to Terry too... oh wait lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

In that situation? Of course throwing it out of bounds would be the smart play.

And I'd make a sizeable bet that if you gave any NFL HC or OC that scenario: down by 6, 1st and 10 on the opponent's 35, 40 seconds on the clock and 2 timeouts left, and the options are for your QB to throw it away or toss up a pass for grabs that has a very good chance of being intercepted and ending the game, every one of them would say throw it out of bounds and use the next 3 downs to get it into the end zone.

Again, the only way that play is ever a good idea is in hindsight because we got lucky.

The guy leads on two scoring drives to win the game and some of our wonderful fanbase would rather lose, I guess just sit Terry the rest of the year so we can draft high! Some here have some outside issue for sure.

First, to focus on the Terry pass I guess you didn’t see the other plays he made in those two drives. Second, his QBR was almost perfect in the first half so the “he played bad 58 minutes” isn’t factual. He isn’t a franchise QB we get it, but you popo on fans coming here to celebrate a win on the road to go to 4-4.  Also he is 7-3 his last 10 games as a Commander/WFT starter, that’s a lot of luck right there!

Part of the issue was Scott banging is head against the wall on those runs, I digress, I have said it for a long time, the owner stinks, the name stinks, the stadium stinks, and a lot of the fans are terrible.

I am out of this toxic environment

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TChaler70 said:

The guy leads on two scoring drives to win the game and some of our wonderful fanbase would rather lose, I guess just sit Terry the rest of the year so we can draft high! Some here have some outside issue for sure.

First, to focus on the Terry pass I guess you didn’t see the other plays he made in those two drives. Second, his QBR was almost perfect in the first half so the “he played bad 58 minutes” isn’t factual. He isn’t a franchise QB we get it, but you popo on fans coming here to celebrate a win on the road to go to 4-4.  Also he is 7-3 his last 10 games as a Commander/WFT starter, that’s a lot of luck right there!

Part of the issue was Scott banging is head against the wall on those runs, I digress, I have said it for a long time, the owner stinks, the name stinks, the stadium stinks, and a lot of the fans are terrible.

I am out of this toxic environment

So to get back to the actual point, you do agree that making that throw in that situation is a good idea? 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Yep, but if the Skins continue to win, this forum's attitude toward him will turn on a dime. People are fickle as hell

Well, good thing there is 0% chance of that happening. This team is miles behind the Eagles and Cowboys in terms of talent.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1