Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

35 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

At a certain point and accomplishment in life, some of us just don't give a pooop about what the Heck we say, when, where, or to whom.  AFAIGAF, knowing when to use "to whom" makes up for every single, GD swear word I accidentally utter (because one of the glories of the English language is the beauty of a well-placed F or S).   HTTR!

Why do people your age think dinner starts at 2pm every day? Is it because your programs come on at 4?

22 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Good stuff here with some new nuggets.

I really think that EB possibly has a deal in place to become our HC in 2024 and RR is involved in some capacity as President of the team   Just a guess on my part.  ALL things can change with a new owner and that can happen at any time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I really think that EB possibly has a deal in place to become our HC in 2024 and RR is involved in some capacity as President of the team   Just a guess on my part.  ALL things can change with a new owner and that can happen at any time.  

Nah.  That’s something Ron can’t promise.

EB came here because he was desperate to be head coach and Ron was desperate to save his job. EB turns around the offense of one of the worst teams in the league. He finally can get hired as head coach.

A better offense and team makes the playoffs; Ron saves his job for 24. 

So if this hiring works out, it helps both EB and Ron with their goals.

The only way Ron can promise the Commanders head coaching job to EB, if Dan doesn’t sell the team.

38 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB came here because he was desperate to be head coach and Ron was desperate to save his job. EB turns around the offense of one of the worst teams in the league. He finally can get hired as head coach.

You realize that we're far from the worst team in the league, right?  We're 100% in the middle of the pack, in fact we were THE ONLY .500 team going 8-8-1.  Which isn't one of the worst teams in the league.  We haven't been one of the worst teams in the league since 2019, when we were 3-13.  

38 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The only way Ron can promise the Commanders head coaching job to EB, if Dan doesn’t sell the team.

The only way Ron can promise the Commander's head coach to anybody is if Ron buys the team.  Which seams ... unlikely.  

• Like 1

Listened to the Logan Paulsen Podcast, Take Command.  They had Maurice Jones-Drew as a guest.

Logan played at Cal when EB was the RB coach there, and MJD was a RB there at the same time, also coached by EB.

It's actually a really good listen all the way through, but a few high-points:

- Really good teacher.  

- Has a way of holding everybody accountable for everything.  

- Great attention to detail. 

- Has changed a bit through the years.

- Is not going to let players get away with things our players have probably gotten away with in the past.  

I hadn't really considered this, but we haven't had a detailed oriented offensive coaching staff since 2016 when McVay left for the Rams.  Even when he was the OC, he was detail oriented, but the HC was absolutely not.   I don't think Scott was either.  

EB seems like he really is.  So we'll see.  

Anyway, it was entertaining as well as informative, so this is one which might not be a bad one to check out for those folks who crave actual football content.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You realize that we're far from the worst team in the league, right?  We're 100% in the middle of the pack, in fact we were THE ONLY .500 team going 8-8-1.  Which isn't one of the worst teams in the league.  We haven't been one of the worst teams in the league since 2019, when we were 3-13.  

The only way Ron can promise the Commander's head coach to anybody is if Ron buys the team.  Which seams ... unlikely.  

Actually, Ron can promise whatever he wants. Whether or not he has control of that promise is up to the owner. But if a new owner comes in, the Commandos have a good year and Ron makes a move to the FO, that’ll absolutely be something that is allowed. 

But the owner would need to keep him in his current role.

but if Snyder still owns the team, I think Ron can promise that and deliver it as long as they have a good year.