Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

On 10/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, sebestian said:

I was against this move a couple of weeks ago, however I've had a change of heart.  We are a lock for a top three pick.  There is not intelligent reason to just give it away to the Colts.  Make the move when necessary.

Everybody is worried about draft picks. We gotta learn how to win!!! ***** draft picks....they're more likely to fail here anyway.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

I was against this move a couple of weeks ago, however I've had a change of heart.  We are a lock for a top three pick.  There is not intelligent reason to just give it away to the Colts.  Make the move when necessary.

I think it's way too early to say we're a lock for a top pick. IIRC many people were thinking the same thing at the beginning of last season but we managed to eke out a few narrow wins that eventually dropped us down to 11.

I never thought i would say this but I am so damn embarrassed of this franchise anymore! tired of trying to defend them and there moves, tired of always getting my hopes up by saying this is the year we turn the corner! I am so close to saying the hell with this organization, and start rooting for someone else! We have screwed up and every turn! you cant be that unlucky can you? If its not the draft its free agency to coaching, to ownership, it just is bad! sorry have to vent !  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Just got back from the game.  I will never ever be going back to that stadium again.  The last time I went was 2011 when we got smoked by the Eagles.  I went today because my brother got tickets for his family and found 5 tickets for less than 6 and had an extra ticket.

We got there at like 9:30am or so and it was a ghost town.  No lines on the beltway or nothing.  Last itme I went, we were in line at 8:30am popping beers in the back of the car. This is what it looked like at 9:30ish when we got in there.  A ****ing ghost town.

Then we grilled and stuff and went in around like noon.  And it picked up a bit, but still dead as **** from what we used to do.  This is what it looked like before we walked in and when we got to the gate there was zero line.

After the trek and walking up the back/forth **** to get up to our 400 level seats, we get up there and went to get some drinks.  Half the places were closed down and they had lines since only a few were open.  Since I been there before, we kept talking and found a vendor sitting around the railings and got some beers.  I got 3 beers and then we wanted to get a bottle of water for my nephew and we asked him how much, and he said $8.  My brother and i laughed and were like what a ****ing joke but got it, and the total for 3 beers and 1 water was $62.  We talked to the vendor and even he said he thinks that the stadium is the most expensive in the league and thought it was a joke.

And while we were watching, my sister in law who's not a football fan was asking me the score.  And even on the big screen there were no score.  I knew it was 7-3 at the time but she was like asking me how and I couldn't believe it wasn't just up there front and center on the big screen.

Before we went up, we went to the bathroom and noticed how like half the sinks had the button to press for water broken off.  Oh it was also the most empty I've ever been in a bathroom at Fedex because of how empty it was.  Even prior, when we were tailgaiting, there were 5 outhouses and never had a problem going because no one was there.  Last time I went I remember lines and we would piss in the woods.  I remember going to Ravens games and seeing like 20 outhouses and thinking how much better it was than Fedex.

That last stand we had we were ****ing scratching our heads as to why they didn't run the ball when they had like 20 or so seconds left.  I wish I heard the TV broadcast at that time but it was like WTF are you doing.  This team is just so bad.

Even walking up the back/forth ramps to go to our seats, it was empty.  Same when leaving.  The place was just dead.  

I am completely done with ever going back there and spending any money there.  I will never ever be back there even if it's for free.  **** that place.

I'm so done with this ****ing team.

EDIT:

I haven't even mentioned leaving.  We left and were in stand still traffic for like 30 minutes.  Nobody was out there directing traffic or anything.  A complete **** show.

I agree.  Last time I was there, very few sinks had water.  I thought I was a moron.  The food and drinks were outrageous and so many vendors were closed.  Plus they switched to Pepsi.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

*cough Jamin Davis

when he leaves Washington some other team will make him a lot better. imagine if we went to new england. they'd make him into a way better player than he is here. he wouldn't be covering NFL wr's there. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I agree.  Last time I was there, very few sinks had water.  I thought I was a moron.  The food and drinks were outrageous and so many vendors were closed.  Plus they switched to Pepsi.  

War Crime if ever I've seen one...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even winning two-thirds of the remaining games would only put us at 9-8, which likely would be a lower-tier playoff team. And then we'd get excited about making noise in the paloffs, only to get housed by someone like Philly or Dallas.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Even winning two-thirds of the remaining games would only put us at 9-8, which likely would be a lower-tier playoff team. And then we'd get excited about making noise in the paloffs, only to get housed by someone like Philly or Dallas.

This team is likely to be swept by the entire division. 0-6

10 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Dyami Brown caught a deep pass?! What is this?!

Dyami is nice... I'm a biased Carolina fan but our fanbase gave up on him before his rookie year was finished. He's never gonna be Julio but he will be a deep threat legit weapon and swing a game or two every now and then. 

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Omg...Dyami Brown has arrived!!!

My dude one handed that to let it be known.

My apologies for wanted to cut you in August, you deserved it then, same as you deserve all the love today.

👍🏽

He was never going to be a light the league on fire guy as a rookie. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smooth said:

im not putting the loss on wentz ! he had em there to win it , yes he threw the int tip ur hat was a great defensive play!

I came here to post the same thing. I'm no Wentz guy but that pick was simply a great play by the Titans defender.  95% of the time that's an incompletion and they would have gotten one more shot, which of course they would have blown. But that INT was not really on Wentz.  

Is if finally time that some of the fans admit Antonio Gibson isn't any good?  I never understood the love, based almost entirely on his speed for a guy that big it seemed.  He never really developed the feel as a RB to hit the right hole etc, and for a former WR he certainly has not shown good hands.  

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I came here to post the same thing. I'm no Wentz guy but that pick was simply a great play by the Titans defender.  95% of the time that's an incompletion and they would have gotten one more shot, which of course they would have blown. But that INT was not really on Wentz.  

Is if finally time that some of the fans admit Antonio Gibson isn't any good?  I never understood the love, based almost entirely on his speed for a guy that big it seemed.  He never really developed the feel as a RB to hit the right hole etc, and for a former WR he certainly has not shown good hands.  

I thought Gibson played well in his role yesterday. But we still aren’t using him the way we should. Week one we did. And he was tremendous. Since then? Not so much. And the last few seasons he has been okay at the very best. So if we continue to not use him correctly there’s not much need for him.

28 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I thought Gibson played well in his role yesterday. But we still aren’t using him the way we should. Week one we did. And he was tremendous. Since then? Not so much. And the last few seasons he has been okay at the very best. So if we continue to not use him correctly there’s not much need for him.

Gibson is a really good pass catcher, Kamara type IMO.  The problem is so is McKissic.  And the Qb who historically hates throwing to RBs the most is ironically Wentz.  So we got IMO two of the best pass catching RB toys in the NFL but with a QB who doesn't really like to throw to them -- so its not a good combination. 

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Also totally forgot to mention that it appears the team has completely abandoned the fight song.  I didn't hear it once at the game.  My brother and I were confused after the first TD, then didn't even care they didn't play it after the second.  

Wow. That makes zero sense to come up with a new song, and not even play it after TDs. What the **** was the point then?? Idiots…

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Also totally forgot to mention that it appears the team has completely abandoned the fight song.  I didn't hear it once at the game.  My brother and I were confused after the first TD, then didn't even care they didn't play it after the second.  

Sounds like they are giving up completely on the gameday experience. I wonder what Jason Wright has to say for himself. I thought he was supposed to have fixed all this? Everything you've described makes it sound like it is somehow worse than before. 

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If they did it’s another pox mark on this leadership group, which goes way beyond Rivera, whatever shortcomings he has. How many things have they done correctly on the marketing side with this regime?

I can’t possibly believe that everything in every facet of this organization is a failure because the people all are totally inadequate at their jobs. There is a constant at the very top. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. That makes zero sense to come up with a new song, and not even play it after TDs. What the **** was the point then?? Idiots…

They did play it after both TDs. But I was sitting on the other side of the field from the band, and it was tough to hear, and gotta admit both times nobody in the stands seemed to really acknowledge it. Acoustics in that place have always been marginal and may be getting worse.

• Like 1

Andy Pollin retweeted this and it sort of sums up the state of play:

At the first game someone noticed that on that space they had 1979 as a division winning year but not 1972. So at some point between the Jaguars and Eagles games, they changed the 1979 to 1972, but then people said, what about 1982?  Technically, the way they did things administratively after the strike, I'm not sure division winners were actually acknowledged that season, so technically not having 1982 as a division winning year is correct. But enough people probably complained that they probably just painted over the whole thing.

I went to almost every game at FedEx from 97 through 18, much of it spent on the club level. I have never considered the club level at the stadium to be that high end, especially in comparison to when the Linc opened in Philly in 2002. Someone notarizing your ticket at the top of the escalator, and the food presentation just seemed to make the customer feel a more special experience. But going to games in the club level at the Linc over the years, you've seen somewhat of a decline in the "special" feeling.  Went to a game on the club at MetLife and I noticed they had baskets of little snack packets you could take for free on your way out to your seats. A little thing like that was pretty cool.

Yesterday went back to FedEx for the first time in four years and while the game day experience was pretty much the same as I remembered from four years ago, seemed like there were things on the club level that had cheapened the experience further. They had taken out a bunch of the seating and tables that allowed people a place to sit and eat pregame. We went to order food at one of the concession stands in a food court area and were instructed to go to a kiosk before to order and pay and bring the receipt back. That didn't seem exactly like personal service. And then things like not having the early London game on the TVs, going out to the seating bowl and seeing a nearby padded seat in complete disrepair.  Again, it just seems like they a just holding it together until the new stadium is built.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

They did play it after both TDs. But I was sitting on the other side of the field from the band, and it was tough to hear, and gotta admit both times nobody in the stands seemed to really acknowledge it. Acoustics in that place have always been marginal and may be getting worse.

We definitely didn't hear it where I was sitting in the 400 level on the Titans side.  And we didn't hear anyone singing or anything either.  

• Like 1