Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I can sense the Hineckie Hive coming back from the Dead, and I just want to tell yall now to kick rocks on broken glass.

They aren't gonna bench Wentz for him no matter how much you miss Taylor diving for the end zone and getting your panties wet watching him throw ducks that get our WRs killed...

Wentz is ****ing awful. Complete dog ****. 

sorry but he is. And many of us knew that when they traded for him. 

the even paid the additional money 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, HogsVa7 said:

Even when he has protection he's ready to rush the throw. The footwork was bad even against the Jaguars. Heinicke can scramble and make plays and there is no doubt we win today if he's in there. I'm not saying Heinicke is the future or anything but he would have done better today than Wentz. Put Heinicke in and dress Howell. 

That’s just freaking stupid.  Hienicke is a terrible QB who would struggle to even complete the shirt passes Wentz can get out to receivers.  And then he’d het hurt. 

I don’t want Howell anywhere near the field with this OL.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Btw. The idea that this is on the Online is ridiculous.

The O line hasn't been bad. In fact i saw a stat that showed Wentz actually had the 4th most time in the pocket.

He doesnt step up, he doest recognize blitzes, he doesn't do hot reads, he hold the ball forever.

The issue is not the line. It's wentz

you step up against edge rush if you have a pocket.  You can’t step up when the interior crumbles, there’s no space to step into. Interior pass rush is the most disruptive, and our interior line is comprised of three blocking sleds.  What he could do is take off running, but that would require him to be an entirely different QB.  If he could simply will himself into being Lamar Jackson he could use the pass rush to his benefit and gobble up yards with his feet.  Maybe he should try being someone else. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious what he’s supposed to step up into exactly?  

I honestly can’t think of a more embarrassing post than to say “The a Oline hasn’t been bad”.

I don’t care an iota about Wentz.  I’d be fine at this point if they let Heineke start and lose out.  But to suggest the line hasn’t been bad indicates you may be blind.  To cite some phantom stat with no context  as proof you are right, phew.

Watch. His first big sack was against a 3 man rush where he kept going back vs stepping up In plenty of space.

I cant think of a more embarrassing way to say "I don't understand the trenches" then to blame just the Oline on sacks 

1 minute ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t care who you put behind center the Oline would be garbage. Im still with Wentz. You gotta give the QB more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. It all comes back to the Oline.

The guy goes on a 7 step drop. When you have no time, go on a 3 step drop.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

To be fair they are both a problem. Wentz sucks. He just sucks more because the Oline is a sieve. 

I think he would be just fine if he didn’t have to throw with a guy in his lap on even a 3 step drop.  

It’s almost impossible to evaluate him.

And QBs who get beat up like this start pressing and rushing and that’s not good either.  

They have to get the OL fixed.

My concern is the way they will try and fix it is just to run the ball more.  Which is absolutely not going to solve anything.

1 minute ago, MAATopDogg said:

I don’t care who you put behind center the Oline would be garbage. Im still with Wentz. You gotta give the QB more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. It all comes back to the Oline.

We ran the ball extremely well.

no reason to not be able to use that to set up the pass. This is more on Play calling than qb or oline

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s just freaking stupid.  Hienicke is a terrible QB who would struggle to even complete the shirt passes Wentz can get out to receivers.  And then he’d het hurt. 

I don’t want Howell anywhere near the field with this OL.  

No, yeah.  They got Wentz, they said they wanted him, they're paying him a **** ton of money, this is their bed and they made it.  

They **** the bed with this, they can roll around in it and smear it all over themselves.  They wanted Wentz?  They got him.  No escape.