Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Time to put hinike back in. I don’t know if he would be any better but I like his story better…

We would suck just as much. Heinicke ain't it either. But at least playing him doesn't cost us a second rounder which might end up in the top 5.

I hope we put Howell in at some point. He ain't ready but it would at least be a reason to watch the games.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s just freaking stupid.  Hienicke is a terrible QB who would struggle to even complete the shirt passes Wentz can get out to receivers.  And then he’d het hurt. 

I don’t want Howell anywhere near the field with this OL.  

So who do you want? Even when Wentz has great protection he's a bunny rabbit hopping around and making bad throws.

9 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Btw. The idea that this is on the Online is ridiculous.

The O line hasn't been bad. In fact i saw a stat that showed Wentz actually had the 4th most time in the pocket.

He doesnt step up, he doest recognize blitzes, he doesn't do hot reads, he hold the ball forever.

The issue is not the line. It's wentz

I don’t think I want whatever drugs you are on. Wentz is a problem, but he’s far from the only problem. There’s been waaay too many times where a defender makes a big play because he’s untouched. Free reign to go at the RB or QB. Free ride because a lineman completely blew his responsibility.

It’s not just the OL, but also some of the playcalling. It’s like the coaches and the QB forget that we can’t block and they won’t give him any extra protection while he’ll hold the ball all day long. Sometimes I wonder if they’d send out everyone including our entire OL out for pass routes if it was allowed. Then, sometimes I wonder if our linemen think they’re supposed to be running a route instead of blocking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t just blame the Oline for sacks.  I just don’t have audacity to make a statement like “The O line hasn’t been bad”.  It’s honestly the worst post I’ve seen today and that’s saying a lot.  

Cool.

When you start with a wrong premise I can understand why you think that.

When eventually Wentz gets hurts remember this post as you will suddenly shocked the Oline doesn't look bad anymore

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HogsVa7 said:

If Heinicke played today today or the second half we win. Watch our starting QB right now and study him he is garbage. I'm not saying Heinicke is the future or anything like that, but he would have given us a better chance. 

Did yall Taylor's fans jus skip his two games against Dallas last year?

We lost by a combined 83-34 to Dallas last year. And folks want him out there today like it would've been different?

Yall desperate, jus except this is a bad team and stop trying to fix it in season with illogical solutions.

If Taylor was gonna save the season we wouldn't of traded for Wentz...let it go...

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

How many forced rants can one man deliver. The most epic rant ever was delivered more than 10 years ago now, the Chad Dukes "get 'em" classic. MORE THAN 10 YEARS AGO, lol. And it's still the same thing every year. I've felt nothing for awhile now ... and it feels good. 

That Chad Dukes rant was awesome and it's still as relevant today.  I know Dukes isn't loved by everyone, I really don't care about him but that rant was awesome.  Everyone felt that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Anybody who watches the games will tell you that the OL isn’t that good. But Wentz has looked as bad. 

True. Wentz clearly missed throws but you could put Joe Montana behind this line and you’ll still get the same results. Changing the QB is not the answer at this point. I wish the could strip the play calling duties from Scott Turner and promote Ken Zampese to OC.

• Like 1

Usually Ron has given his talk and left by now.

Wonder if he just said, "**** everybody I'm done with this good for nothing team. I tell them what to do and they go out and lose again damnit!  I played for the Bears I know how to win. **** every last one of em. **** Snyder too! I quit!"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, HogsVa7 said:

So who do you want? Even when Wentz has great protection he's a bunny rabbit hopping around and making bad throws.

Put Howell in or Heinieke. You talk about that's just freaking stupid,  but im tired of a QB that throws for 50 yards in the first half. 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Usually Ron has given his talk and left by now.

Wonder if he just said, "**** everybody I'm done with this good for nothing team. I tell them what to do and they go out and lose again damnit!  I played for the Bears I know how to win. **** every last one of em. **** Snyder too! I quit!"

Good riddance in that case. 

Well, I think I've seen enough, fellas. Ivestayed the course and been as loyal as I can be.

I've been through the super bowl years and enjoyed this team being competitive through my younger years. 

Raised my son to be a Redskins fan. Now I just feel guilty for doodling him to this bull****.  Year. After. Year.

My Fandom has been sapped year after year under Snyder's reign of terror. But year after year, week after week, I keep coming back with the hope that we finally got it right.

Only to find it's the same Ole **** show. Truth is yall, I've always stood that I'd never let anything keep me from being a Redskins fan...but now I've finally reached that point.

I'll always have the memories of the good years. And I think I can keep that with me moving forward. But this is just too much. I'm fixing to be 50, and I've got so many things I'd like to accomplish before I'm put in the ground. Is it worth continuing to devote time to something that is only bad for me? More importantly to my son?

I'll always be a fan to th Redskins of old. But I think I'm finally done. Good on those that hang on and continue to believe. But this is just too much to devote any further time to.

I'll still be lurking, making my occasional quip that I will see myself out on (I'm self aware 🤣), but I think I'll turn to enjoying what life our Lord is allowing myself to have without the added bs.

Good luck to yall. And to you guys who lose their ****, watch for the ban hammer. Lol.

HTTR!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I honestly do not see us winning another game this year playing like this. The whole idea, I thought, was to get a high-powered offense that could make up for the deficiencies within our secondary. Now the idea of a high-octane offense is over, due to injuries, to the O line.  They are incapable of providing adequate protection for Wentz, who is beginning to look shell shocked, given all the times he has been hit, sacked. He has little to NO time to throw the ball, and when he does, he is throwing too high or low. The accuracy is off because he can never, ever get into a rhythm. And NO, Heinike would not do any better. He would be injured by now.  The efficiency of the O line play is so vital. We are in deep trouble upfront, and our season is hanging on a solution IMO.

I have no idea what the solution is. Do you bring in a TE set to do help with blocking up front?  Also, they seemed to have some success, on that one drive, going up tempo.  It is very frustrating. Every single year it is something. I never for one minute thought it would be the offense this year. Just goes to show why good O linemen are able to demand good salaries. The whole flow of the O depends upon their effectiveness as a unit. And there is no cohesion with this one. I predict more pain for us as fans going forward.

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Disinterested? Man, I’m within an eyelash of finding something else to do with my Sunday’s. 

I usually sleep a lot in the off-season because my job takes so much out of the 5 days prior...I took a nap at the end of the 1st as it was.  But yeah, staying awake for this **** is just wasting time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did yall Taylor's fans jus skip his two games against Dallas last year?

We lost by a combined 83-34 to Dallas last year. And folks want him out there today like it would've been different?

Yall desperate, jus except this is a bad team and stop trying to fix it in season with illogical solutions.

If Taylor was gonna save the season we wouldn't of traded for Wentz...let it go...

I'm not saying Heinicke is the savior, but he is better then Wentz right now I can guarantee it. I'm not looking for Heinicke to be our future,  but he is better them Wentz. Dress Howell too to see what he's got if needs be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

We would suck just as much. Heinicke ain't it either. But at least playing him doesn't cost us a second rounder which might end up in the top 5.

I hope we put Howell in at some point. He ain't ready but it would at least be a reason to watch the games.

Hadnt even thought about the second round pick. But yes that’s just another reason to bench him…

5 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Cool.

When you start with a wrong premise I can understand why you think that.

When eventually Wentz gets hurts remember this post as you will suddenly shocked the Oline doesn't look bad anymore

The wrong premise?  You realize that we all watched a lineman get benched mid game today right?  Do you think coaches routinely bench and lineman when the line is playing well?  

• Like 1