Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really care anymore?

Tomel

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is the main thing for me at this point. I just love the NFL. It’s so much fun. Just once I would like to have fun watching this team 

Yep. When the team has gone on winning streaks, it’s been fun (for me at least) to be a fan. Even last years 4 game winning streak, I was happy. Winning really does change peoples moods. I just wish they could sustain that winning. (I’m well aware they can’t…..I’m saying I WISH they could). 

• Like 2

No.

*Edit*

Extrapolated: This team has been boring on the field for a really long time. Rivera was old school to get **** in order and I guess it worked, but now it's even more boring on the field.

Talent just isn't there. We really busted in FA this year, and haven't been great in the drafts.

But it just goes beyond Rivera. He was kind of the savior out of the Allen era but I just don't know what can get people excited. 

The stadium sucks. The team sucks. The experience sucks. The owner sucks.

Nothing about the team is good. Or even average. I just don't get excited to watch the games anymore, and I flip to Redzone before the 2nd half most games. 

Nothing will bring me back, honestly, until there's a new owner. And even then, the passion is greatly diminished.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Cool. They've given it to me for free 3 straight years. It really is amazing. The Max is a $400 value too. Unfortunately they are losing Sunday Ticket to Amazon or somewhere next season 😢

Are they really?  That is unfortunate.  No reason for me to keep DirecTV then.

On a scale of one to ten, I’m about a one the days compared to where I used to be as a fan. Possibly less.  The quote underneath my posts is from a couple of years ago but it’s as relevant today as it was then and says it all. Nothing measurable has improved and that’s a huge disappointment for me because I believed in Ron. I don’t think he’s going to make a difference and frankly, I don’t think there’s anyone out there who could. 

Im not the least bit superstitious but it certainly feels like there’s a curse on the team. What other possible explanations are there, Dan?

There’s another element in play for me. I’ve lost my taste for the violence inherent in the game. This is just me getting older and softer but it sours my taste for the game..

3 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Still not sure why the nfl hasn't replaced the Sunday ticket with nfl plus. Offer season, weekly, n team specific packages. Seems like a no brainer. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know about others but I had a bad NFL plus experience. I ordered it just for the preseason games and I never did see any opening kickoffs. It kept acting like the games hadn't begun, when I knew that they had. I had to keep going out and coming back in and finally it would let me start the game but there would be like 13:25 left in the 1st qtr. Instead of starting from the very beginning. Also my phone kept freezing up. Frustrated the crap out of me. Watching games on my phone with mlbtv, amazon, nfl network, nbc sports, espn app, etc usually works great. So I canceled nfl plus shortly afterward.

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Are they really?  That is unfortunate.  No reason for me to keep DirecTV then.

Yep but maybe hold onto dtv until things become more offiicial. It is looking highly likely though, at this point.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, FuriousD said:

There’s another element in play for me. I’ve lost my taste for the violence inherent in the game. This is just me getting older and softer but it sours my taste for the game..

You should be hopeful for the future of the NFL then. The way they keep reducing the amount of physicality allowed in the games should result in it being a flag football league in another 10 years. I'm the opposite. I miss the way the game was played in the 70s and 80s. 

I went to a sports bar with a bunch of games on and when it was 0-6 in our game, I was half interested. I was with some Jags and Eagles fans, so was watching that game, too. Eagles were down 0-10 at the same time. I don't think I looked at our **** game once in the second half and just enjoyed the good game.I've been staying out of here, too. I was a redskin fan. I've never been a Commie fan. It's not even a little fun any more.

• Like 3

I also realized 95% of my passion is in team-building. I get excited for the off-season and almost never post in here during the season. I enjoy the scouting and draft process, the free agency cycle. If the team then delivered with results on the field, I would be excited to watch that obviously. But my passion lies in the off-season and team-building. That's what keeps me coming back in for more each year, but my interest peaks between Feb and May, then from Sept to Oct and then it just becomes passive until draft eval starts ramping up around bowl season.

If the team were actually ever good, then the off-season scouting and such would be more fun to discuss too.

Anyway, new owner, at least that brings in some hope for a reboot. Maybe that reboot still sucks, but at least we'd have SOMETHING to work toward and not be an absolute laughing stock.

2 hours ago, skins4ever28 said:

The name change to commanders did me in. I want to care but I don’t. I tried liking other teams. It doesn’t work. Oh well… it’s so sad how badly beat down this fan base is and how bad Snyder killed our dreams

This franchise has become pretty irrelevant here in the DC area.  In my drive into work today in Nothern Virginia, I saw a car with Chiefs signage and one with Raiders, but not a single one with Commanders or Redskins signage.

2 minutes ago, ananoman said:

This franchise has become pretty irrelevant here in the DC area.  In my drive into work today in Nothern Virginia, I saw a car with Chiefs signage and one with Raiders, but not a single one with Commanders or Redskins signage.

It's also a fairly transient area. A lot of people from outside the region who come in with their own fan bases. Probably one of the more transient cities there is. The team sucking has just not created new fans from those kids born here in the last 20+ years. A new team/stadium/owner won't be a magic bullet, but it's a start in getting some of the old fanbase back at least.

I remember when Snyder bought the team. He said he had been a Redskin fan growing up and that being able to buy the team was like a dream come true.

If Snyder was REALLY a Redskin fan, he would admit to himself that things had not turned out as he had planned, and he would voluntarily sell the team to somebody else that might be able to restore the glory days. I'm not a person that admits defeat easily, but after all these years I believe I would move on and return to the role of a fan rather than the owner.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Snyder likes the idea of running a football team and the perks that it gives him. I don't think for one second he was ever a real fan. Of course, as owner he has a long list of scapegoats he can blame for 23 years of failure...

He’s a fan of owning the team not the team himself.  Enjoys all the perks of being an owner.

If he were a fan of the team, he would take a look at what the most consistent teams have done in his time as owner and emulate that. He doesn’t and this team will never be successful under him.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, Captain Wiggles said:

Still not sure why the nfl hasn't replaced the Sunday ticket with nfl plus. Offer season, weekly, n team specific packages. Seems like a no brainer. 🤷‍♂️

I read somewhere that this is the last year of  DirecTV's exclusivity of NFL ticket. 

Seeing how the uber-wealthy keep getting richer, it wouldn't surprise me to see Bezos or Elon Musk  buy the rights and jack up the prices 200%. 

• Sad 1

You know something that I would thoroughly enjoy, in the spirit of Jon Allen’s comments from earlier.  

I would thoroughly enjoy a game, against Philadelphia for example, when all their fans come to town in bus loads only to watch their team get repeatedly punched in the face.  To the tune of let’s say…45-7.  I want to be able to watch them walk out of the stadium totally dejected.  I want them to know what it’s like to spend their money and time traveling down here for an inferior product.  I want our loyal fans who do go to the stadium to be able to enjoy that kind of outcome for once.  The problem is…they never get it.  Opposing fans are repeatedly rewarded for making the trip to our stadium.  I did get to experience a game like that once in the stadium.  2005 home game against Dallas.  We thoroughly enjoyed singing “na na na na…hey hey hey goodbye” to the droves of Cowboys fans as they starting walking out at the half.  

Just sayin’  

Give the fans some experiences like that in a consistent basis.  People will start to believe again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I went to a sports bar with a bunch of games on and when it was 0-6 in our game, I was half interested. I was with some Jags and Eagles fans, so was watching that game, too. Eagles were down 0-10 at the same time. I don't think I looked at our **** game once in the second half and just enjoyed the good game.I've been staying out of here, too. I was a redskin fan. I've never been a Commie fan. It's not even a little fun any more.

ItS nOt An AiPoRt YoU dOnT hAvE tO aNnOuNcE yOuR aRrIvAlEs AnD dEpArTuReS

• Haha 3