Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Eagles - A divisional battle!

zCommander

11 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Buddy I have lived in Philly for the last 30 years. 

The idea that Cousins usually struggles against the Eagles does not hold up particularly well when you look through the history. Prior to last night’s game, he had nine starts against the Eagles. He was a combined 229 of 341 (67.2%) for 2756 yards, 21 TDs and 6 INTs. That calculates to a passer rating of 104.9. Like I said, he has killed us over the years. Among Eagles fans, it’s actually a known thing that we lament. 

PS. I’m surprised you knew that some of my family members often call me Buddy even though that isn’t my real name. I don’t especially care for it, but I have come to accept it since it is spoken with love, as you have also clearly done in this instance. It’s all good. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Most think we'll lose to Philly for sure. They're probably right. However I think the Dallas game is more pivotal. We will most likely need that game in order to be 2 - 2.  Which is not great but it's not bad either. I think Jerry Jones is full of crap again. I don't think there is any chance Dak plays that week. However whether it's a brought back too soon Dak or Cooper Rush, we really need a victory. Starting 1 - 3 ( assuming a PHI loss ) would be terrible and the same frustrating garbage that we always deal with. I'd love to shock the Eagles but realistically we need to beat Dallas in week 4. 

• Like 5

Was listening to an Eagles reporter talking about about buses of fans are going from Philly to the game -- fans are rallying around the idea of overhwhelming the stadium with Eagle fans booing Wentz.  Some Eagle holdovers who played with Wentz, looking forward to this game -- with the reporter citing that Wentz wasn't liked in that locker room. 

• Haha 1

Washington has looks of a modern day dynamic offense, if so, our fan base will soon learn defense and the stats that go with it have little value. We will focus more on situations and momentum in games versus silly statistics. 

Turner and Wentz will bring 30 points to the board this Sunday, let’s see where Philly lands. 

I predict that if the Washington Whatevers fall down 22 points before halftime again, I'll repeat what I did last week.

Turn the damn game off, and have a nice Sunday date with my wife. No regrets... I was the the "Never Say Die/ Stick It Out Til The End" sucker for the last 30 years.

No More... I've likely got more Sundays behind me than in front of me at this point, and I'm never going to waste another one on embarrassing football again.

Keep it close or keep it movin'...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Hazel-Ra said:

I predict that if the Washington Whatevers fall down 22 points before halftime again, I'll repeat what I did last week.

Turn the damn game off, and have a nice Sunday date with my wife. No regrets... I was the the "Never Say Die/ Stick It Out Til The End" sucker for the last 30 years.

No More... I've likely got more Sundays behind me than in front of me at this point, and I'm never going to waste another one on embarrassing football again.

Keep it close or keep it movin'...

Same here, bro.

My ex wife asked me repeatedly why did I torture myself to watch the entire game.

Said I should change teams since I suffered so much.

No more. 30 years is enough.

• Like 3

I’m not putting a ton of weight into the eagles MNF game or the Motown beat down. Kirk on primetime is trash and we went into Detroit on our high horse.

we need turner to be good and we need our OL to fight thru the injuries; the offense needs to match the eagles because we can’t expect anything out of our defense. 

my money is on the eagles, literally, but for the purposes of this thread I’ll go 34-31. Wentz gives the Philly trash a good 3 hour cry session on their bus trip home.

26 minutes ago, Pwyl said:

Division games never go as expected.  Look for some crazy 14 12 score or some such. 

Usually divisional games are not high scoring affair. But The Eagles can put up big numbers. So can Wentz. I would be surprised if one of the team scores less than 30. 

• Like 1

After taking the field for the first time in burgundy and gold during the preseason, Carson Wentz was asked about his new home stadium.

"It was good to get out here and not be booed," the quarterback joked.

He's unlikely to experience the same this week.

The Washington Commanders have only a smattering of tickets remaining for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles, as anticipation builds for Carson Wentz's first game against the team where he rose to NFL prominence.

FedEx Field's proximity to Philadelphia, combined with the Commanders' struggles to consistently sell out the stadium in recent years, means there is likely to be a fair number of Eagles fans mixed among the home crowd.

Add in the Wentz factor, and emotions will be running high.

The group Philly Sports Trips put up a banner on I-95 during the offseason advertising its annual bus trip to the Eagles-Washington game.

"We're coming for you Carson," it read.

Mission accomplished. President Vince Rizzuto said the group sold out of its allotment, and will bring more than 1,000 fans to the game, having chartered 20 buses for the event.

It's the largest trip the group has ever done. Rizzuto said they've done the Washington trip six times, buying a block of tickets directly from the team then selling to fans.

Rizzuto said it was all love for Wentz for years, but that changed during the final seasons in Philly.

"We are excited to face him and this is a huge game, but are there mostly to support (Jalen) Hurts and the 2-0 Eagles," Rizzuto wrote in an e-mail. "We plan to be very loud on Sunday and hope to make it difficult for him since he made it difficult for us at times."

Tickets for the game started at $85 for standing-room space in the upper deck. As of Wednesday evening, only 556 seats remained, mostly in the more expensive club level.

Aside from the Wentz plotline, there's plenty on the line in the suddenly-competitive NFC East as well.

The Giants are a surprising 2-0, Philly is 2-0, and the Cowboys are indicating Dak Prescott may return from injury sooner than anticipated, making every opportunity to gain divisional ground critical.

"I'm excited for it just because of the nature of the game," Wentz said. "Obviously, you know, they've started hot. We know where we're at. It's a divisional rivalry, all of those things.

"I've been a part of this one. I know the emotion that goes into it from the other side. So, I'm excited for it. But again, you know, you try not to make the game bigger than needs to be. Every week's a big week. It's hard to win in this league and so I know once that first kickoff goes, it'll be football again and I'm excited for it."

One player who is hoping for a better experience is Hurts, the Eagles quarterback, who had a railing full of fans fall on him after the game last year between the teams, which Philadelphia won.

Four of those fans filed a lawsuit against the Commanders and FedEx Field, though the fans were in a part of the stadium they were not supposed to have access to. Legal proceedings are ongoing.

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Same here, bro.

My ex wife asked me repeatedly why did I torture myself to watch the entire game.

I hate when people say " you should change teams. " That's not how this thing works. We're die hard fans. We will bleed burgundy and gold til the day we die. No matter how many tears or nutkicks we have to endure. We don't even have a choice. It is what it is.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Same here, bro.

But you still changed wives before you changed teams lol.

• Haha 1