Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Eagles - A divisional battle!

zCommander

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The ENTIRE defense better be locked in a room watching tonight’s eagles game with a notebook and pen, ready to take notes on how to prepare for Sunday. 

It doesn’t matter. They lack talent and intelligence. We’re doomed to lose in miserable fashion.

Eagles 42

Commanders 13

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

It doesn’t matter. They lack talent and intelligence. We’re doomed to lose in miserable fashion.

Eagles 42

Commanders 13

If our offensive line can't protect better than they did the first half of the Detroit game, it is going to be an absolute bloodbath.  

Eagles: 35

Commanders: 21

Wentz with a few second half TDs that pull us close but the defense can't make a stop.

Eagles are one of the best teams in the league, but we generally play them really tough. We're gonna need to score a ****load of points though, because we're not stopping them.

Wentz is bad against the blitz and the Eagles don't blitz very often, so theres hope there, but I'm sure they know that.

Also, I've watched 2 Det and Jags games this year. I think both of those teams have a chance to take their division. They're both good.

We're good. We just had a bad week. Detroit got on top of us fast and hopefully we learned from that.

• Like 1

The only way we win this is a shootout. I can see us putting up 40 and I'm going to say 42-38 Skins. They settle for FGs early and we continue to score TDs. We go up 7-3 and then trade TDs with them but they can't keep up and we leave them in the dust. 

Sweat, Davis Payne and Allen all get sacks

WJ3 gets an Int

Eagles    38

Ders       27

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

The only way we win this is a shootout. I can see us putting up 40 and I'm going to say 42-38 Skins. They settle for FGs early and we continue to score TDs. We go up 7-3 and then trade TDs with them but they can't keep up and we leave them in the dust. 

WJ3 gets an Int

Well, nobody can say you aren’t glass half full.  🤣

It’s hard to even dream up a scenario like that.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Eagles    38

Ders       27

Well, nobody can say you aren’t glass half full.  🤣

It’s hard to even dream up a scenario like that.

I still think that athletically we match up well against Philly. Hurts can run and will probably break some long ones. But look at our drives against Detroit. We were stopping them early but just gave out. I'm thinking the same things happen this coming week. But They have 2 WRs and we have 2 CBs. I think we can match up with them and unlike JAX and DET it won't be a LB on a WR, I think the CBs will be on the WRs. 

Last night Hurts was good but normally he's inaccurate. WJ3 can cover in man and we'll see how he does but I'm confident he can get an interception by Hurts. Otherwise I think they'll be big on staying in their lanes (like Detroit) and it will be focused on limiting big plays and minus 1 or 2 (maybe 3 or 4) that will happen. 

32 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I still think that athletically we match up well against Philly. Hurts can run and will probably break some long ones. But look at our drives against Detroit. We were stopping them early but just gave out. I'm thinking the same things happen this coming week. But They have 2 WRs and we have 2 CBs. I think we can match up with them and unlike JAX and DET it won't be a LB on a WR, I think the CBs will be on the WRs. 

Last night Hurts was good but normally he's inaccurate. WJ3 can cover in man and we'll see how he does but I'm confident he can get an interception by Hurts. Otherwise I think they'll be big on staying in their lanes (like Detroit) and it will be focused on limiting big plays and minus 1 or 2 (maybe 3 or 4) that will happen. 

I dunno man, Fuller and WJ3 instill zero confidence in me that they can keep up with Philly’s wideouts.  I also see backbreaking 3rd downs being converted by Hurts’ legs.  Goff is basically a statue and we still couldn’t sniff him, and make him hear footsteps.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I dunno man, Fuller and WJ3 instill zero confidence in me that they can keep up with Philly’s wideouts.  I also see backbreaking 3rd downs being converted by Hurts’ legs.  Goff is basically a statue and we still couldn’t sniff him, and make him hear footsteps.

maybe but we've been good o third downs this year. I just think we will continue to give up some big plays but it will be a competitive game. 

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

LMAO this aged well. Not saying Washington can't win, but alluding that Kirk is just so clutch is laughable. The guy is nothing special.

Actually I was right. Never said he is clutch.  Kirk melted last night and the Vikes lost like I said it would happen. Kirk throwing INTs like giving out candy and losing it under pressure. The Kirk we all know, when the light is brighter he shines less unlike last week when they beat the Packers. He was good Kirk in that game.

I am still glad he is not on our team. Good riddance. 

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has ripped this Jalen Hurts more than me- I thought the guy absolutely stunk. Well, he has made a believer out of me and I was completely wrong about the guy. He can do it all and while I won't put him in the unstoppable category, he will be against us.

Unless you have a defense with some real stars on it who are led by a really good DC, Hurts is going to eat you alive. Since we fall into the category of a defense with no real stars- save for maybe Allen- and are led by a very mediocre- if not bad- DC, Hurts will do whatever he wants, when he wants. 

The score doesn't matter- we are going to get thumped.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

WJ3 gets an Int

This is some serious kool-aid you are drinking....

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

part of their advantage is their corners, Slay years back was a killer get for them, he's played well against Terry at times

Im thinking Terry may have a down year comparatively, hes going to draw the best DB's each game (possibly doubled) and with the emergence of Dotson and Samuels hes no longer the only game in town. Until teams start rotating more toward Dotson I dont think he gets as many looks. Still think he makes some nice grabs here and there just not sure he will put up the numbers.

19 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its just taking a step back and realizing that the league is week to week. Victories and losses don't carry over so the momentum needs to be re-created. And we've played well against Hurts. 

No we haven't.  His best games last year were against us.  He threw for almost 300 Yds, and 1 TD passing (2 TD Rushing) against us in Philly last year, and then he was able to do whatever he wanted the second time around at Fed-Ex 2 weeks later.  He's a nightmare matchup for this defense.  They have historically looked terrible against mobile QB's, but if Hurts can actually sling the ball like he did last night, then forget about it.  We need to be worried about how we can keep up with them offensively, because it's damn near a forgone conclusion that we will give up TD's on every Eagles possession on Sunday.  If Scott Turner has a ball control offensive playbook that he's been saving, now would be the time to utilize it on Sunday.  We need to make sure that our offensive drives on Sunday take up a lot of clock, so that the Eagles won't have much time to score.

Edited by samy316

14 minutes ago, samy316 said:

No we haven't.  His best games last year were against us.  He threw for almost 300 Yds, and 1 TD passing (2 TD Rushing) against us in Philly last year, and then he was able to do whatever he wanted the second time around at Fed-Ex 2 weeks later.  He's a nightmare matchup for this defense.  They have historically looked terrible against mobile QB's, but if Hurts can actually sling the ball like he did last night, then forget about it.  We need to be worried about how we can keep up with them offensively, because it's damn near a forgone conclusion that we will give up TD's on every Eagles possession on Sunday.  If Scott Turner has a ball control offensive playbook that he's been saving, now would be the time to utilize it on Sunday.  We need to make sure that our offensive drives on Sunday take up a lot of clock, so that the Eagles won't have much time to score.

If we don't roll out the offensive game plan that we did against Jax, I could see this one getting ugly very quickly.  Turner has to keep up with the quick game to make sure the Eagles defense stays on their heels.  

27 minutes ago, samy316 said:

They scored 27 and 20 against us. If we allow that this year we win. Thats what I'm saying.