Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Eagles - A divisional battle!

zCommander

Key to the game.

IF JDR is passive on D - self destructing zone no blitzing no pressing WRs at the LOS Jamin reading too much - we are going to get blown out.

I feel confident JDR will coach scared and preemptively try control the bleeding and cause bleeding giving Philly 9 yards on first down and icing our red hot QB. Philly will march down with ease on their first drive when I'd love our D to come out aggressive and put a hurt on hurt. Requisite call for a helmet on a chin. F it take a 15. If it fails you know what, we have 58 minutes to tie it up.

Edited by RandyHolt

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Absolutely and any false starts created by crowd noise from eagles fans is all your fault. 

image.thumb.png.8726e03e0821db9a70f1cf7016161084.png

They won't hear these ones for sure lol. Imagine people being in front of them. They will see nothing. They will hear nothing. 

Edited by Llevron

18 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-and-commanders-have-most-explosive-nfl-offenses-through-week-2/

Commanders and Lions tied at 11 a piece for the season. explosive plays defined as plays of 20 yards or more. we gave up 5 such plays on sunday to detroit. if my math is correct means philly gave up 6 such plays to detroit.

Philly's defense is not exactly a defensive juggernaut.  If we can keep their offense off the field, I think we can have a chance to really push the defense around as the game goes on.  We're going to have to be really unpredictable though, no more Lions first half offensive offense.  Yikes...

• Like 2

Fine. Send me all the hate. But ill be at the game this time so I wont be in the thread unless its to tell you I hate you all. 

But hate me. It will fuel my rage and I will take it out on the flesh of an Eagles fan in my wrath. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

So we're down now to 62-63K capacity at FedEx?  Geez, to think at one time we could reportedly get 92K in there.

If it went from, say, 67K to 63K, that's a 4,000 seat reduction. The article said that there was some club seat reconfiguration (I assume to make way for some of those table areas), but also that some suites were converted to team offices. That seems like a lot of suites converted to get a 4K reduction.

Edited by hail2skins

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-and-commanders-have-most-explosive-nfl-offenses-through-week-2/

Commanders and Lions tied at 11 a piece for the season. explosive plays defined as plays of 20 yards or more. we gave up 5 such plays on sunday to detroit. if my math is correct means philly gave up 6 such plays to detroit.

Im going to check your math on that.......

Yup... thats correct. 

• Haha 3

I know everyone is judging the Eagles based on what they did to the Vikings, but the Vikes played a terrible game on all sides of the ball. Way worse than we played against the Lions and we still scored actual points. The O played scared and when it was time to get it in gear, they had to force the ball and they couldn't do it. The defense was worse than the offense, it was mind boggling. The Eagles ran simple slants and bootlegs all game long and the Vikings did NOTHING to adjust, we all noticed it and even the announcers noticed it. I think this game is going to be closer than others think.

• Haha 1

Already bracing myself for a loss.....but if we do lose I hope its 39-38 with Wentz throwing 4 or 5 touchdowns for 300+. Shut up his detractors and possibly take the heat off him (especially this weekend with all the Philly fans in attendance). Yeah, I could live with that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Bummer, they aren't televising the game here in Maryland so can't watch it.  I guess that means they'll win.  You all can thank me later!  LOL

image.png.12a925a98fd9b69fe9fb788094744741.png

I cannot get the game in Delaware either.

I expect us to lose by at least two touchdowns because our defense will let us down again.  I would like to upset the Eagles but I do not see that happening.

I think Carson and his receivers still should be able to score on the Eagles.  Wish we had that injured running back Robinson starting this week so we could

chew up some running yards then set up the long passes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Bummer, they aren't televising the game here in Maryland so can't watch it.  I guess that means they'll win.  You all can thank me later!  LOL

I think that graphic is wrong. According to TV Guide it is on Fox in MD. Please don't give me heart attack like that again...lol

jkhkjhkjhkjh.jpg

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 2

After had had time to realize that this is a divisional matchup, I think this game will likely be closer than  most think.  If they can play 4 quarters of complete football, this team can definitely win this game.  If they dictate to Philly, I think the score will close.

Commanders:  30

Philly:  24

If they play like last week though, it could get ugly.  In that case they've got problems 

Philly:  35

Commanders:  20

Edited by NoVaSkins21

I think the major factor in this game will be the performance of the O-line.  I just don't see any scenario where the defense in it's current state is going to stop the Eagles from scoring points.  Curl being back could help cut down on the explosive downfield plays, but there are too many other glaring weaknesses to expect the Eagles to score less then they have been.

On the other hand, I think the offense can score points as well if Wentz gets protection from the line.  That is no guarantee though.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

It would be nice if we didn't put ourselves in a huge hole -- which is the trademark of the Rivera era. He spots teams 10 or more points like no other coach in recent NFL history. 

I don't think our defense -- which is thin now on the line -- can stop Philly. 

Our offense is not only going to have to score, but also dominate possession. 

It all seems like a tall order.

So, I'll say...

Commanders 73, Iggles 13

• Like 2

I am very curious as to whether a legit run game emerges when B-Rob comes back or if the main issues with the running game remain the O-line.  If we can pair a legitimate running game with the explosive pass offense, it will go a long way in games where the team carries a lead or close game into the 3rd & 4th quarters.  Time of possession, keeping the ball out of the hands of another good offense could end up big keys to victories as the season goes on, especially if the defense doesn't make significant strives with the return of Curl and later Chase.