Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Eagles - A divisional battle!

zCommander

Eagles 27

Commanders 20

To many emotions are running rampent over the Lions lose and the way the Eagles won last night, but don't lose sight this is a division game and anything can happen, clearly the Eagles offense is better then our defense (at least our defensive backfield) but for all these expectations that the Eagles will drop over 50 on us Sunday, ain't happening imho....listening to JP & Mitch right now there are alot of bridge jumpers and just negative nancys ......wow just give the Eagles the NFC after 2 weeks lol

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think it'll be a blowout either. We aren't terrible on offense and we'll keep up the pace offensively at least for a little while.

This is the game where we're gonna need to win the turnover battle, preferably +2 or more, and need a big play on Special Teams. No missed kicks or shanked punts.

• Like 1

It’s a NFC east game and most stay close. Not saying we’re gonna win but hopefully we can be competitive throughout. Sure they looked good against the Vikes but Cousins usually struggles against the Eagles and will make mistakes when pressured and OConnell is a first time coach. 

This will be a good gauge of our skilled players as the Eagles have a pretty good secondary with Bradberry and Slay. Hopefully Turner opens up the offense from the start and not wait till the second half. 

Edited by skinsfan93

16 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

It’s a NFC east game and most stay close. Not saying we’re gonna win but hopefully we can be competitive throughout. Sure they looked good against the Vikes but Cousins usually struggles against the Eagles and will make mistakes when pressured and OConnell is a first time coach. 

This will be a good gauge of our skilled players as the Eagles have a pretty good secondary with Bradberry and Slay. Hopefully Turner opens up the offense from the start and not wait till the second half. 

Cousins usually struggles against the Eagles? I’m going to excuse that comment because I’m guessing you don’t follow the Eagles. But the fact is that he’s owned us for years. Last night was the first time the Eagles ever played well against him. Yeah, I don’t have the stats in front of me, but trust me on this.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

They scored 27 and 20 against us. If we allow that this year we win. Thats what I'm saying. 

That's before they got AJ Brown.  For a QB like Hurts, having a legit Top 5 WR opens up so much of their offense.  Defenses have to now game plan for a legit WR Corp with Brown, Devonta Smith and Zach Pascal, while their #1 rushing attack gets even easier with Hurts at the helm.  If Hurts improves his accuracy, and can feed the WR's, their running game will be almost unfair to go up against.  We're currently giving up over 7 YPC after going up against JAX and DET.  Can you imagine what the Eagles will average YPC on Sunday?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

Cousins usually struggles against the Eagles? I’m going to excuse that comment because I’m guessing you don’t follow the Eagles. But the fact is that he’s owned us for years. Last night was the first time the Eagles ever played well against him. Yeah, I don’t have the stats in front of me, but trust me on this.

Ummm….

2017 week 1, Philly beat us 30-17 (they stripsacked him for a game winning TD IIRC)

2017 week 7, Philly beat us 34-24

1 hour ago, Franklin60 said:

Buddy I have lived in Philly for the last 30 years. 

Edited by skinsfan93

If we had a defense; then you can say this would be a close game like many Eagles- Redskins/Commies games are.

We don’t, so Eagles likely to score at will.

Also, our offense stalled for parts of both games. Eagles have a better D; so our offense likely to stall again for part of the game.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

**** the eagles.

That being said, our defense is trash so we'll lose probably.

Jalen Hurts goes 1/2 for 7 yards, but they rush for 489 total yards so it doesn't matter. We score 4 TD's but Slye misses all 4 extra points.

Rancid Santa Haters: 38

Commies: 24

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, petey hodge said:

This didn’t age well 

Kirk turning the ball over 3 times and two times in the Red Zone is pretty much a collapse thanks to him. So it did age well. Eagles won because of Kirk. Which I said would happen.  Minny's D were able to stop the Eagles somewhat in the 2nd half which gave Kirk the chance to bring them back into the game but throwing them INTs only helped the Eagles instead. ;)

Edited by zCommander

I just watched the Vikings/eagles game and I hate to say it but philly look like a good team. Unfortunately Hurts looks really good; 26/31 for 333yds and a TD through the air, 11 rushes for 57yds and two TDs on the ground. Their D is sound especially the DBs.

We've hopefully got Curl back for this game, which should help and we do have a potentially explosive offense, but I can't see us winning this one.

Redteam Commanders 24

eagles 34

Maybe I'm on a bit of a downer right now, I don't know, but my way too early SB prediction, Bills vs eagles ☹️.

• Like 2

I don't see any scenario where *THIS* is the game that the defense figures it out.  If Wentz gets protection, he has the weapons to put points up against Philly just like Detroit did.  The difference is he is going to have to be playing catch up most of the time.  I know a lot of times with the NFC East you throw every stat, W/L record, etc etc....out the window, but until the Commanders defense shows they are capable? Nah.

Eagles 35

Commanders 24

• Like 1