Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That right, is that what you think ?

Yes. I think they like him. Having said that I think they like a few guys and it depends on the board. But I think they have a very real shot at taking him at 16. I don’t think they are afraid of reaching.

Not saying I’d do it that way. But they seem to like him. 

I think Dawand is on the short list as well as some corners, too. 

• Thanks 1

I never say this, but we have new ownership coming in and no highly regarded prospect at QB. I’d move every asset I could into next years draft to try to have as much ammunition as possible to go up and get our guy next year. It’s the perfect storm. This year also looks uninspiring to me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. I think they like him. Having said that I think they like a few guys and it depends on the board. But I think they have a very real shot at taking him at 16. I don’t think they are afraid of reaching.

Not saying I’d do it that way. But they seem to like him. 

I think Dawand is on the short list as well as some corners, too. 

Yep, agreed on that line of thinking.

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I never say this, but we have new ownership coming in and no highly regarded prospect at QB. I’d move every asset I could into next years draft to try to have as much ammunition as possible to go up and get our guy next year. It’s the perfect storm. This year also looks uninspiring to me. 

Makes a lot of sense, but they don't have control now. Also RR's future is on the on the line now so I am sure is pushing for this year not next

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think it’s almost always a good idea to trade down unless you are picking one of the elite players in a draft (usually like 5-10 of those guys or a QB). 

I would have no problem trading our 16 for another teams 2nd this year and their first next year.

That would give us ammo to trade up for a QB next year, and we probably will need to.

• Like 2

I have a couple QB questions.

With Howell and Brissett, it feels like it would be natural to grab a mid to late round QB.

With RR in his last year and new ownership almost definite, would you consider that a potential throw away pick? Wait until next year?

With the height of all the OL we are bringing in (possibly at every position on the line), are we making it harder on Howell and shorter future QB prospects? 

43 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

With Howell and Brissett, it feels like it would be natural to grab a mid to late round QB.

With RR in his last year and new ownership almost definite, would you consider that a potential throw away pick? Wait until next year?

With the height of all the OL we are bringing in (possibly at every position on the line), are we making it harder on Howell and shorter future QB prospects? 

Mid round QBs are almost always throw away picks. The success rate is abysmally small and they pretty much don't help you at all their rookie year. At least players at other positions can be backups that fill in, play Special Teams, etc.

Mid round QBs are the worst RoI out of any position. I'd almost rather take a Punter.

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

We should draft DTR on day 3

• Thumb down 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mid round QBs are almost always throw away picks. The success rate is abysmally small and they pretty much don't help you at all their rookie year. At least players at other positions can be backups that fill in, play Special Teams, etc.

Mid round QBs are the worst RoI out of any position. I'd almost rather take a Punter.

Such the curmudgeon :)

IDK, if we can trade down and snag some more picks and Malik, Duggan, or maybe O'Connell (though I have a lot of concern about his accuracy), are there in the 5th round, I'd think I'd take a shot. All have warts, however as expected. 

Actually, I forgot about Tune. He'd be my preferred option. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

You think he's capable of playing guard?  You think he'll be there in the 2nd round when we pick?

Absolutely. The guy may be the best athlete of the interior OL. Highest upside center in the draft. I think he started as a tackle before moving to center so he is a guy who may benefit from sitting a year if needed

33 minutes ago, method man said:

Absolutely. The guy may be the best athlete of the interior OL. Highest upside center in the draft. I think he started as a tackle before moving to center so he is a guy who may benefit from sitting a year if needed

If that's case, considering Ron loves versatility in the OL, trading down into the 25-30 range and taking Tippman (probably isn't going to be there at our 2nd round pick) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Three of the starters in our division next season are mid-round QBs.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

KC seem hot on Jalin Hyatt. Does he last to the end of the first. Are they are genuine trade up candidate? 

Considering their love for WRs in that mold and losing Hardman, yeah, I can see them doing that if Hyatt's their guy but I would still opt for Quentin Johnson. Adding either one would make the Chiefs WRs group potentially very, very scary with their speed and size.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Go back and look at the QBs that are good year in year out. Its almost exclusively 1st rounders.

That is changing. Scouting is getting better and, quite honestly, there are more capable QBs due to more availability of training.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mhd24 said:

If that's case, considering Ron loves versatility in the OL, trading down into the 25-30 range and taking Tippman (probably isn't going to be there at our 2nd round pick) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

There is a decent chance he will be there in rd 2. I think JMS goes before hin