Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

12 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Free speech absolutist?

To be fair, SpaceX’s president described the reason the employees were fired is because “blanketing thousands of people across the company with repeated unsolicited emails and asking them to sign letters and fill out unsponsored surveys during the work day is not acceptable.”

If I was using company time to make surveys and write letters, then send them out for thousands of other employees to use company time responding to them, I’d probably be fired too.

Edited by RansomthePasserby

Know someone who knows someone that works for Tesla.  Says that they are bringing people to the office who were hired to 100% remote positions.  Even people in Colorado are being forced to commute.  The Tesla worker has to fly and commute on his own dime.  Office didn't have enough parking spaces nor enough desk spaces for them all to come back. This is obviously BS to figure out how to downsize by 10%.  I hope they lose talent, but who knows.... the Tesla worker didn't have a proper desk to work from and had some odd like office setup as in, "theres some spare space over there". 

Regarding his recent political leanings, the theory is that Elon has sold enough vehicles to CA-types and he has a new truck that he needs to sell to TX-types. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm no tik tock guy, but people used to same thing about YouTube and Twitter. New **** is always scary. 

Eh, I don't find it scary or anything. I just think it's dumb and it caters to people doing the most idiotic stuff for views and attention. Yeah, Youtube could be seen a little in the same way, but I think there's far more positive and informative stuff on Youtube than there is on TikTok. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I'm no fan of the tik tok. I tend to agree that it's dumb. It's mostly stupid dances. Tho at the end of most of these dances the ladies do jiggle theys naughty bits. This I am very much in favor of. Conflicting it is. 😔

Small waist, pretty face with a big bank…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

But is it destroying civilization anymore than unfettered capitalism? 

Probably not, though I wouldn't label that as capitalism in general. IMO the problem nowadays is crony capitalism (including unfettered access to dark money by political campaigns and PACs), and I agree that it's a huge problem.

• Thumb up 1

On 6/19/2022 at 11:02 AM, The Evil Genius said:

I thought the biggest concern with TikTok was that it's still probably Chinese government spyware. 

FTFY.  Just posted about this in the China thread on Saturday:

• Thanks 1

Now I get it. Musk is pushing starlink and needs to appeal to people who live in rural areas. Which are conservatives. 

didn’t realize it until I listened to a hard core conservative say “can’t wait for Elon to fix my internet” 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Now I get it. Musk is pushing starlink and needs to appeal to people who live in rural areas. Which are conservatives. 

didn’t realize it until I listened to a hard core conservative say “can’t wait for Elon to fix my internet” 

Got some starlink benchmarks today:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=spacex-starlink&num=1

7 hours ago, tshile said:

Also trying to get rural folks to buy into his cybertruck.  

I'm sure he's convinced there's no real threat of liberals outright bailing on buying Teslas even if some do here and there because they are good electric cars.

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 weeks later...