Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think you misread his post.

No I didn’t. He is trying to compare people who would support Trump with me saying Musk has a right to demand whatever he wants to demand from Twitter in exchange for his money.

I think it’s a bad comparison.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No I didn’t. He is trying to compare people who would support Trump with me saying Musk has a right to demand whatever he wants to demand from Twitter in exchange for his money.

I think it’s a bad comparison.

He's saying that people who see childish and obnoxious actions by Musk and hoot and holler in support are the same kind of people who loved Trump and cheered him on when he did the same sort of childish nonsense.

Sure, Musk can request certain things as a prerequisite for him spending his money, but that's not what he's doing. That sort of thing can be done easily in private. He's doing his regular obnoxious schtick and making a spectacle of it all in public because he either wants the attention or he wants some leverage or an "out".

Let's stop pretending that this is some sort of "due diligence".

This is him being a carnival barker because that's what he does.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He isn’t running for president. He is buying a company with his own money and money from other investors. This is capitalism, it’s his it works.  

Which has nothing to do with evaluating behavior, or comparing it to the behavior of others 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

He's saying that people who see childish and obnoxious actions by Musk and hoot and holler in support are the same kind of people who loved Trump and cheered him on when he did the same sort of childish nonsense.

I don’t think the comparison is apt for the same thing. A private citizen conducting his own business can do it however he sees fit.  I hold a president to a higher standard.

Sure, Musk can request certain things as a prerequisite for him spending his money, but that's not what he's doing. That sort of thing can be done easily in private.

It doesn’t have to be though. There isn’t any benefit to him to do it private, so why should he?

He's doing his regular obnoxious schtick and making a spectacle of it all in public because he either wants the attention or he wants some leverage or an "out".

Twitter is giving him both.

Let's stop pretending that this is some sort of "due diligence".

He is doing it because he wants Twitter exposed publicly. No one really believes only 5 percent of Twitter users are bots

To be clear - I’m aware a private citizen has the right to behave like a child, If that’s what  they want to do. 

and you have the right to appeal to child-like behavior, if that’s what you like to do. 

• Haha 1

I suspect Twitter provided Musk what he originally was asking for, as they have stated they have. 

So unless you are privy to what was disclosed and can contradict Twitter's claim, this is 💯 Musk be a child and not liking what was given him and/or him getting buyers remorse. 

If it's the latter, he should pay the penalty he agreed to and then kindly **** off. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect Twitter provided Musk what he originally was asking for, as they have stated they have. 

So unless you are privy to what was disclosed and can contradict Twitter's claim, this is 💯 Musk be a child and not liking what was given him and/or him getting buyers remorse. 

If it's the latter, he should pay the penalty he agreed to and then kindly **** off. 

I have a feeling it may be buyers remorse. He's already gone back and forth and waffled, and he seems to currently be setting the stage so he can back out of the deal and claim it has something to do with Twitter bots or some bull**** so he doesn't have to pay the penalty. It's hilariously obvious.

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Lol no they can't. 🤣

Just now, tshile said:

Laws are just suggestions 

Yeah this really cuts to the chase: she and other Musk fans basically see him as a borderline deity who should be able to do anything he pleases in any way he wants. The rules shouldn't apply to him.

• Like 2

Perhaps Musk is just a billionaire provocateur that shot his mouth off about a bunch of stuff he didn't actually have knowledge about and once he got more information he realized he wasn't up for the task and is now looking to damage control his change of mind.

• Like 2

@Captain Wiggles

Yeah… been saying this for a while…

eventually it’ll be generally accepted. We’re not there yet. But. At this rate, soon. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Perhaps Musk is just a billionaire provocateur that shot his mouth off about a bunch of stuff he didn't actually have knowledge about and once he got more information he realized he wasn't up for the task and is now looking to damage control his change of mind.

Perhaps?

thats absolutely what is going on 😂 

The authenticate all humans guy wants out cause he’s scared of the Twitter bots 😆 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Captain Wiggles

Yeah… been saying this for a while…

eventually it’ll be generally accepted. We’re not there yet. But. At this rate, soon. 

Perhaps?

thats absolutely what is going on 😂 

The authenticate all humans guy wants out cause he’s scared of the Twitter bots 😆 

Right, and it is hilarious that right-wing media bought into all of it hook, line, & sinker merely because Musk tweeted out some edge-lordy right-wing opinions recently, so obviously that was a tell for them that he was the bastion of all that is good & noble, 

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

How dare you imply that Elon Musk does not know everything about everything, you heretic.

Your penance shall be 8 Hail Musks and 6 Our Elons.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Inform me of the laws Musk is breaking by demanding Twitter publicly release their bot info. You all are acting stupid about this for no reason.

No one said that and you know it. 

But of course you are right. Everyone is crazy and it’s just you and the conservatives that make sense. 

lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No one said that and you know it. 

Well then they are making a straw man argument at best. I definitely wasn’t saying musk can break laws. That should be obvious. But if you want to join in on the stupid with them have at it.

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Inform me of the laws Musk is breaking by demanding Twitter publicly release their bot info. You all are acting stupid about this for no reason.

You didn't say "Elon Musk isn't breaking any laws right now"

You said "A private citizen conducting his own business can do it however he sees fit."

That's false.

Also, Twitter has no obligation to Elon Musk, or to anyone, to release proprietary intellectual property to the public. And you say we're acting stupid?

If he wants the info, he can sign an NDA and get it in private and it sounds like he might have already done that. If he doesn't like what he got, then tough ****. Barking and whining about it online isn't going to change that.

I still think this is all just a bull**** dog and pony show and Musk is trying to preemptively fabricate himself a way out of the deal without having to pay a penalty, and the bot excuse is the one he decided to harp on.

This whole bot thing is a non starter. The genius that he is waived his due diligence. I've said this before, my position is in procurement for the Federal Government. You know what the first thing they teach you in this field? Do your due diligence, it can and will bite you in the ass. 

This is a non starter and a way for him to try to bully twitter into letting him out of his deal. A the kids say, he played himself. 

Musk accuses Twitter of ‘resisting and thwarting’ his right to information on fake accounts

Musk waived due diligence when he moved to buy the company, seemingly to hasten the acceptance of his bid.

He wrote in a letter to Twitter Chairman Bret Taylor on April 24, “As we discussed, $54.20 has been and will remain my best and final offer, period.  This is binary – my offer will either be accepted or I will exit my position.”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well then they are making a straw man argument at best. I definitely wasn’t saying musk can break laws. That should be obvious. But if you want to join in on the stupid with them have at it.

Normally I would be happy to but you are right this time. Just explain to me the straw man they made about breaking laws again? 

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Normally I would be happy to but you are right this time. Just explain to me the straw man they made about breaking laws again? 

I said a private person can operate there business in a way the way fit. Obviously it should be assumed I don’t mean they can break the laws. They responded with “no they can’t, they can’t break the law” 

That’s is a stupid response. 

19 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

This whole bot thing is a non starter. The genius that he is waived his due diligence. I've said this before, my position is in procurement for the Federal Government. You know what the first thing they teach you in this field? Do your due diligence, it can and will bite you in the ass. 

This is a non starter and a way for him to try to bully twitter into letting him out of his deal. A the kids say, he played himself. 

Musk accuses Twitter of ‘resisting and thwarting’ his right to information on fake accounts

Yes, if he waived his due deligence he will probably be forced to buy Twitter or pay them the money. I’m not sure the quote provided in that article means he waived due deligence, but if he did he shouldn’t have.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

😂 

waived due diligence on a 40+ billion dollar transaction 

😂 

Right? This is whole thing is a show, and has not baring on the transaction. 

Twitter has every right to hold him to his purchase agreement. His best case scenario is that he only has to pay the one billion dollar termination agreement, and that's only if twitter agrees to it. I hope they hold him to it. 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yes, if he waived his due deligence he will probably be forced to buy Twitter or pay them the money. I’m not sure the quote provided in that article means he waived due deligence, but if he did he shouldn’t have.

Is this one better?

BBC - Elon Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal

Twitter, which has said Mr Musk waived typical rights to due diligence in his eagerness to clinch the deal, added that it intended to complete the takeover at the agreed price and terms.

Mr Musk, who faces a $1bn break-up fee and possible lawsuit if he opts out, first raised the issue of the spam accounts on social media last month, saying the deal was on hold but he remained committed to the acquisition.

• Haha 1