Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

**** everything about this guy. I’m no longer supporting any of his companies with my money as long as he’s ceo. Dude does not care one bit about democracy. He only cares about being liked. 

If anyone is still supporting him in this thread, you aren’t interested in democracy either.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He is putting himself in a bigger hole. But don’t fool yourself. You regularly buy stuff and support companies with way more atrocious behavior than Elon Musk and gladly do it. Get off your horse…

Examples? Not saying it isn't true, just curious if you thought about specifics or you're just reflexively coming to Elon's defense. 

28 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He is putting himself in a bigger hole. But don’t fool yourself. You regularly buy stuff and support companies with way more atrocious behavior than Elon Musk and gladly do it. Get off your horse…

I work to not do that. Sometimes it’s tough not to cause I don’t know if a random product is owned by which conglomerate. 

No such issue with Teslas.  

• Like 1

Mister Absolute Free Speech supporting a guy that punished a company over is just another example of him showing his true colors. 

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Just checked in with some of the bigwigs at Mazda and I’m happy to say none of them have been posting Hitler memes on Twitter.

Yet.

the intestinal fortitude not to do that is next level 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Examples? Not saying it isn't true, just curious if you thought about specifics or you're just reflexively coming to Elon's defense. 

I’m not coming to Elons defense, but I wouldn’t let him stop me from buying a Tesla.  As far as examples you can choose any of the pharmaceutical or energy companies you do business with.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s almost as if a guy with an ego the size of Elon’s cannot be reeled in, and he sees how easy it is to get ‘conservatives’ hero worshiping anyone who triggers liberals, so he’s going full Maga tard.

Perhaps this is just a grift to turn the anti-green right into Tesla owners. 

He also knows the midterms are looking red. And DeSantis is a potential 2024 presidential candidate.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

**** everything about this guy. I’m no longer supporting any of his companies with my money as long as he’s ceo. Dude does not care one bit about democracy. He only cares about being liked. 

If anyone is still supporting him in this thread, you aren’t interested in democracy either.

when we were arguing over the Tesla board caring, I must admit, “trolling your own company on twitter” wasn’t part of how I saw this playing out 😂 

48 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Examples?

iPhones? Most clothes. Pretty much everything Walmart or other big box ****holes sell. 

electronics in general. 

i mean anything made overseas is done so because it’s cheaper to make something and ship it across the whole ****ing planet, when you can abuse a labor force in ways you can’t in the US cause we have child protection and labor protection laws 

Any reading in securities is based on people who spend their days ****ing over our economy as much as they can get away with

Our oil companies destroy central and South American land/areas 

The general desire for the cheapest widgets possible have created platic gyres in the ocean 

cheap furniture has led to the massacring of rain forests in Indonesia. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s almost as if a guy with an ego the size of Elon’s cannot be reeled in, and he sees how easy it is to get ‘conservatives’ hero worshiping anyone who triggers liberals, so he’s going full Maga tard.

Perhaps this is just a grift to turn the anti-green right into Tesla owners. 

There are ways to try that without ****ting on democracy. He really is going full Magatard because he wants to be liked. That's why they all seem to do it. Zero principles. He needs to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I think it’s obvious musk chases adoration and praise, wherever he thinks he can find it

and he’s not happy with the same adoration and praise. Riding what Tesla gave him wasn’t enough. To the point he’s willing to throw its way, to find new adoration and praise elsewhere 

I realize the man is not an idiot that never did anything useful. 

but if you haven’t figured out he’s mostly a buffoon and a petulant child by now…

I mean he’s poised to lose billions and be drug humiliatingly through the mud over this twitter deal that was clearly him just ****ing around to be a trending topic 

and if you follow crypto, none of this is new. 

in fact I still hold out his whole buy twitter thing may have started as a pump and dump similar to what he’s been doing with crypto. 

his loyalists are going to wind up realizing they’re dopes eventually. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

As far as examples you can choose any of the pharmaceutical or energy companies you do business with.

A utility company or some kinda upstart solar llc?

Anywhere I've ever lived there's only been one electrical utility company. Each companies monopoly varies by state basically. There is no actual choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Unfortunately, people have been saying this about Trump supporters since 2015 as well.

Trump and Musk loyalists are cult members, and it's really really hard to deprogram those kinds of people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trump and Musk loyalists are cult members, and it's really really hard to deprogram those kinds of people.

Much like brand loyalty to cigarette companies of yesteryear. Get someone smoking Marlboros or Camels or Chesterfields and they're likely to smoke that one and only brand until they die. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tshile said:

I think it’s obvious musk chases adoration and praise, wherever he thinks he can find it

and he’s not happy with the same adoration and praise. Riding what Tesla gave him wasn’t enough. To the point he’s willing to throw its way, to find new adoration and praise elsewhere 

I don’t know what his plan is, but I don’t think it is a basic as adoration. He might get adoration from retreating conservative talking points but he gets much more outrage from angry liberals.

54 minutes ago, tshile said:

He and his companies have done enough that it’s going to take more than dumb tweets for any of his fans to disown him. 

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t know what his plan is, but I don’t think it is a basic as adoration. He might get adoration from retreating conservative talking points but he gets much more outrage from angry liberals.

I don't think it's as basic as purely for adoration, but I also don't think it's some complex 5D chess.

I think Musk definitely does like the adoration, he likes being able to piss people off with zero consequences, he enjoys trolling and seeing who falls for it and who keeps blindly following him, and he may be thinking along the "any media attention is good media attention" lines ala Trump (though I'd think recent events might have disabused him of that notion...but knowing him, probably not).

Honestly, despite the fact that he's clearly an intelligent person (at least in certain areas), I think he's also in many ways just a basic **** who's on a childish power trip because he can be.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

He and his companies have done enough that it’s going to take more than dumb tweets for any of his fans to disown him. 

He gets angry/sad from anyone that criticizes him. Doesn't matter if it's liberals or conservatives. Conservatives don't support the mission of Tesla at all. They aren't pro-green energy or EVs. This is all about being liked. 

Most people that make money off Elon won't disown him but fans from the left will leave. I'm one of them. I'll still respect what SpaceX and Tesla do, but he's a piece of **** and needs to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What changed? Did Jan 6th make him a GOPer? 

I've long suspected most of the bigly successful techy silicon valley types have always been conservatives. Zuckerberg, Musk, Peter Thiel, and a long list of other assholes idk. Sposidly it's quite common for employees to hide their conservative leanings in the tech companies. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It's hard, isn't it, knowing Snyder is giving money to GOP campaigns.

I've been off Facebook for years, but accepted Amazon is jus better at making sure I get what I need for my kids.

Musk isn't hiding anymore how he feels about folks that are so openly against democracy in this country as we know it.  He's also bragging about wanting to help them, like unbanning Trump from Twitter.

Its disgusting what some American companies do here and overseas, like Nestlé, but how many of them are so open and brazen about helping individuals that do want to destroy our democracy and replace it with something else?

Even the Koch Brothers drew a line in regards to Trump at some point:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/2020-presidential-election-why-koch-network-wont-help-trumps-bid.html

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No, I think it's Biden snubbing his company because it doesn't have unions. Biden pontificates about Ford and GM producing EVs, but won't mention Tesla. He talks about funds for setting up a charging infrastructure narionwide... something Tesla already did as a private enterprise. Tesla employees get paid more for equivalent jobs in the industry, but Biden can't escape his 1970s Democrat pro-union roots.  Add in the fact that local Dems in CA are largely responsible for making it the worst state in the country for business....

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Add in the fact that local Dems in CA are largely responsible for making it the worst state in the country for business....

Idk even fox business usually has California ranked in the top 5 states for business. Something change that recently? 

I know NC is a decent state to start a business in. Think it cost me less than $150 after all the paperwork. That was a decade ago tho I guess.

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's just a genius con-man.

He is for free speech, but not when it comes to his employees

He's def for tax breaks.... but really for companies and people like him to trickle down in theory

• Thumb up 1