Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

On 3/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, illone said:

go read the post again. Did you catch the sarcasm this time?

Sheesh, lighten tf up. 

Just popping in to say you said he has a noodle arm and then wrote a whole post about it. 

You either dont know football or you dont know what sarcasm is because that isnt what sarcasm is. 

HAHAHAH Wentz has a noodle arm I'm still chuckling about your horrible take days later. 

Learn sports.

• Haha 1

I'm actually OK with this.  He's an upgrade at a position of need and they didn't give up very much to get him.  He was INSANELY good his rookie season before the injury.  He has something to prove against his former team.  I like it but they obviously still need to draft a QB and give him some help on offense.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Just watching around the NFL.  Obviously saying the trade sucks. I hope this ok to say but I would like to smack Greg Rosenthal. Nothing bad just a half a smack. 

God he iterates me. 

The media pundits applauded the Alex Smith trade/deal, our 2019 draft taking Dwayne Haskins, spending big money on Landon Collins, etc. etc.

How did all those turn out?

The more pundits and fans pile on about how they don't like it, the more inclined I am to love it. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The media pundits applauded the Alex Smith trade/deal, our 2019 draft taking Dwayne Haskins, spending big money on Landon Collins, etc. etc.

The more pundits and fans pile on about how they don't like it, the more inclined I am to love it.  I 

I am with you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, srtman04 said:

Looking at Wentz's highlights last year,  they really aren't that bad.   I'm starting to relax my position on this and willing to give it a chance this year.  Wentz at least has an NFL arm and can be accurate:

Welcome to the dark red side!

We are the secret brotherhood of the red Commander.

The annointed one, with fiery hair and strong arm, who was prophesied to come and lead us back to the sacred land of Lombardis.

Now you may enjoy a tall glass of tomato juice and Ketel One vodka (Carson's favorite pre-game drink) with the rest of the believers.

image.png.5b7142730b379bea43efa5724eda72df.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

That would be the best of all worlds actually. 

Wentz is contractually committed to us for three years. This year his compensation is guaranteed. The next two are not.

If he plays well next year he becomes a hot commodity in the league's eyes with a relatively cheap compensation package.

We would control him and could either:

1. keep him on the team the next two years at a bargain rate

2. trade him to another team for MORE than we paid to acquire him or

3. Negotiate a new long term contract knowing that WE have all of the leverage.

Three great options.

All of this…

Combined with the fact that the more that comes out, the more it seems like Jim Irsay wanted to get rid of him and the football operations were willing to run it another year.

I think he’ll put up better numbers than he did last season (With more interceptions.) if he stays healthy.

• Like 1

I don't get it.  Why is everyone so upset.  The reality is our beloved team is not a preferred destination.  Aaron Rodgers was never coming here.  Russell Wilson told you he didn't want to be here.  We offered Seattle more and Wilson wouldn't waive his no trade clause for us.  He didn't want to come here.  Derek Carr isn't going anywhere.  Jimmy Garapolo just had surgery on his throwing shoulder, so not many people are going to blindly trade for him.  You don't know if he can throw again by camp.  Then you have free agency.  Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, and maybe another one or two guys.  All of whom are going to be sought after.  You have the Seahawks, Steelers, Panthers, Giants, Texans, and Saints.  Not to mention maybe the Lions are not enamored with Goff and the Texans will need someone once the Deshaun Watson legal issues play out.  He won't play for them again.  So with a choice of 5 possible quarterbacks, and a possible 8 teams in the mix what do you think the chances of us coming away with the someone?  Tell me whom exactly were we supposed to go and get that is better than Wentz?  No one is going to come here with teams like the Saints Steelers and Seahawks looking.  Regular Playoff teams.  So we needed to trade for someone who didn't have a choice.  Rodgers again no.  Wilson said no.  Carr isn't available, and Jimmy G had surgery.  People think Kirk Cousins is available.  Obviously he wouldn't want to come back here.  Tell me who you think we were going to get?  All the couch fans say sign Winston or Trubisky or whatever.  What makes you think they will come here?  This quarterback carousel is musical chairs and the music is about to stop.  And we didn't want to be left without a chair.  Remember we were all in on Amari Cooper and he just used us for leverage and went back to the Cowboys for less money.  Our front office did a solid job.  Two 3rd rounders, one being conditional to a 2nd if he plays 70%.  We also swap 2nd round picks and we get back a 7th.  There is no guaranteed money on this deal.  So if they hate him they can get out of it next year with no cap issues.  If he is decent, then you have a qb for 3 years at a bargain price.  There was no other move to make really at this time.  Carson Wentz has been a starting qb in the NFL for 6 years.  NFL network reported, there was competition.  Other teams were bidding on him.  So while the compensation isn't bad, we had to get him.  So we did what needed to be done.  We didn't offer 3 firsts like Russell Wilson, because his value wasn't that high.  But he has value. Plus he is the best QB to be here since Kirk and maybe better than Kirk who I don't care for.  

No one is saying this is a home run.  We aren't dancing in the streets like Denver is.  It isn't a home run but it is solid double.  We are on base in scoring position.  Yes he has flaws, and issues and isn't perfect.  But every criticism of Wentz can be said of Winston, Trubisky, and Garapolo.  Has talent, isn't consistent.  Looks great at times looks bad at times.  etc. etc. etc.  Wentz actually has the most talent of all of them.  Physical freak who has a cannon arm.  

The one thing intangible is that Wentz knows this is probably his last shot at being a starter in the NFL.  So a desperate QB is now on a desperate football team.  Worst things have happened.  And anyone who thinks that Heinicke is better then Wentz please just don't reply.  There is not talking to you anyway.  

And, we can still draft a qb if we want to.  Doesn't have to be in the first round.  Maybe try to Carson Strong in the 2nd, or someone else.  Let them grow and learn and not be thrown into starting for a desperate team.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

I don't get it.  Why is everyone so upset.  The reality is our beloved team is not a preferred destination.  Aaron Rodgers was never coming here.  Russell Wilson told you he didn't want to be here.  We offered Seattle more and Wilson wouldn't waive his no trade clause for us.  He didn't want to come here.  Derek Carr isn't going anywhere.  Jimmy Garapolo just had surgery on his throwing shoulder, so not many people are going to blindly trade for him.  You don't know if he can throw again by camp.  Then you have free agency.  Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, and maybe another one or two guys.  All of whom are going to be sought after.  You have the Seahawks, Steelers, Panthers, Giants, Texans, and Saints.  Not to mention maybe the Lions are not enamored with Goff and the Texans will need someone once the Deshaun Watson legal issues play out.  He won't play for them again.  So with a choice of 5 possible quarterbacks, and a possible 8 teams in the mix what do you think the chances of us coming away with the someone?  Tell me whom exactly were we supposed to go and get that is better than Wentz?  No one is going to come here with teams like the Saints Steelers and Seahawks looking.  Regular Playoff teams.  So we needed to trade for someone who didn't have a choice.  Rodgers again no.  Wilson said no.  Carr isn't available, and Jimmy G had surgery.  People think Kirk Cousins is available.  Obviously he wouldn't want to come back here.  Tell me who you think we were going to get?  All the couch fans say sign Winston or Trubisky or whatever.  What makes you think they will come here?  This quarterback carousel is musical chairs and the music is about to stop.  And we didn't want to be left without a chair.  Remember we were all in on Amari Cooper and he just used us for leverage and went back to the Cowboys for less money.  Our front office did a solid job.  Two 3rd rounders, one being conditional to a 2nd if he plays 70%.  We also swap 2nd round picks and we get back a 7th.  There is no guaranteed money on this deal.  So if they hate him they can get out of it next year with no cap issues.  If he is decent, then you have a qb for 3 years at a bargain price.  There was no other move to make really at this time.  Carson Wentz has been a starting qb in the NFL for 6 years.  NFL network reported, there was competition.  Other teams were bidding on him.  So while the compensation isn't bad, we had to get him.  So we did what needed to be done.  We didn't offer 3 firsts like Russell Wilson, because his value wasn't that high.  But he has value. Plus he is the best QB to be here since Kirk and maybe better than Kirk who I don't care for.  

No one is saying this is a home run.  We aren't dancing in the streets like Denver is.  It isn't a home run but it is solid double.  We are on base in scoring position.  Yes he has flaws, and issues and isn't perfect.  But every criticism of Wentz can be said of Winston, Trubisky, and Garapolo.  Has talent, isn't consistent.  Looks great at times looks bad at times.  etc. etc. etc.  Wentz actually has the most talent of all of them.  Physical freak who has a cannon arm.  

The one thing intangible is that Wentz knows this is probably his last shot at being a starter in the NFL.  So a desperate QB is now on a desperate football team.  Worst things have happened.  And anyone who thinks that Heinicke is better then Wentz please just don't reply.  There is not talking to you anyway.  

And, we can still draft a qb if we want to.  Doesn't have to be in the first round.  Maybe try to Carson Strong in the 2nd, or someone else.  Let them grow and learn and not be thrown into starting for a desperate team.  

I was gonna encourage the use of paragraphs for easier reading…but I found that you have paragraphs 😂 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The more pundits and fans pile on about how they don't like it, the more inclined I am to love it. 

If the ghost of whoever Dan murdered had not reached up and infected Smith's leg, I believe Smith would have been our starter through last year.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Burgold said:

Boy Wentz has been involved in a lot of trades. I wonder if he's the record holder for most picks exchanged? I count 8. Nine if you consider the swap of seconds countable. 

Wentz trade history:

Eagles traded for the ability to draft Wentz. Eagles gave up The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

Then, the Eagles received a first round pick from the Colts for their one year rental.

Then, the Colts got swapped 2nd rounder, a third rounder and a conditional third rounder.

Dallas got 8 draft picks (including 3 firsts and 3 seconds)..) as well as 4 players for Herschel Walker.  The first player they drafted with those picks was Emmitt Smith... a much better player.  I still smile about this, and Herschel was my favorite player in the NFL at the time.  

Just now, Nerm said:

Dallas got 8 draft picks (including 3 firsts and 3 seconds)..) as well as 4 players for Herschel Walker.  The first player they drafted with those picks was Emmitt Smith... a much better player.  I still smile about this, and Herschel was my favorite player in the NFL at the time.  

I was thinking of that as a contender. Another one might be Mike Ditka trading his entire draft to the Redskins for the right to draft RIcky Williams.

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Now you may enjoy a tall glass of tomato juice and Ketel One vodka (Carson's favorite pre-game drink) with the rest of the believers.

image.png.5b7142730b379bea43efa5724eda72df.png

Ketel One???? Now that's a weird choice of vodka?! I might be back off the Wentz band-wagon after that 🤨 {And I am a serious vodka drinker BTW)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I was thinking of that as a contender. Another one might be Mike Ditka trading his entire draft to the Redskins for the right to draft RIcky Williams.

It makes me think about how different the league is now compared to back then.  Before the Herschel trade, the most recent blockbuster trade was Eric Dickerson for 3 firsts and 3 seconds.  All these guys were running backs.  Now you get laughed at for taking a rb in the top 5.

Though, I do think the trade by Ditka to draft Ricky Williams is not as huge as it seems.  An entire years worth of picks sounds like a lot, but picks in rounds three through seven combined are not worth as much as an extra first round pick. 

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

It makes me think about how different the league is now compared to back then.  Before the Herschel trade, the most recent blockbuster trade was Eric Dickerson for 3 firsts and 3 seconds.  All these guys were running backs.  Now you get laughed at for taking a rb in the top 5.

Though, I do think the trade by Ditka to draft Ricky Williams is not as huge as it seems.  An entire years worth of picks sounds like a lot, but picks in rounds three through seven combined are not worth as much as an extra first round pick. 

when pass interference didnt exist

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

I know this won't happen but hear me out. We Traded for Wentz to use a Trade Bait. Now that Watson is on the table, could we now trade Wentz, Payne, and 3 1sts for Watson?. 

Funnier things have happened 😁

They should absolutely go for it, and trade what needs to be traded.