Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

When VOR was talking about deep shots, all I could think about was Mark the Ryper and the posse!

need to go get our Art Monk Poss receiver in this draft. Draft a bad ass RB and go all in with Off… imagine if the D plays anywhere near the 2020 playoff run?

I actually think we have him in Logan Thomas, if he's healthy.  I hope they go after Ertz, who would also fill that role. The "move the chains" guy does not have to be a WR. Could easily be a TE.  

McLaurin, Samuel (if healthy), some combination of Milne and Brown provide a ton of speed and shiftiness on the outside.

Gibson is also a sub 4.5 guy who has a ton of experience as a WR.

And this is all assuming they don't bring back Hump or McKissic.  Or draft/sign somebody.  

I think the pieces, if healthy, are already there for the most part.  

We lacked a QB last year who could exploit any of this because Fitz went down in the first half of the first game, Samuel spent the entire year on IR basically, Logan Thomas was out of the lineup most of the year, and McKissic missed the last 6 games of the year.

I'm not going to fall into the "Bruce Allen" trap to think all of these guys are going to come back and stay healthy the entire season.  But I do think some will, and I think there's a lot there to like already.

I really want to see them go bombs away this year and really try and stretch the field. Wentz has the arm to throw the ball to every spot on the field, drive it or launch it.  Use it.  He has the best arm we've had here since Griffin, and it's not close.  He might have the best arm since Sonny.  AND he's really accurate on deep passes.  It's a good combination. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, pcbothwel said:

Wow. So wentz, nor anyone affiliated with the NFL, can come out and speak about this, or other trades, until Wednesday. So Wentz tries to give a 30k ft answer to stay above the details.... He speaks about his life journey shifting extremely fast and coming to grips with it. Seems honest and vulnerable. Yet I come on this board to a bunch of people making fun of him and religion as a whole.

Sounds like a good number of you might just need Jesus after all. Embarrassing. 

Well said!!!

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, burgngold fan said:

I'm shocked this site hasn't gone off the deep end after Philly trading for Watson.  Was my notification wrong this morning

lol you should change who you’re getting notifications from 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think we have him in Logan Thomas, if he's healthy.  I hope they go after Ertz, who would also fill that role. The "move the chains" guy does not have to be a WR. Could easily be a TE.  

McLaurin, Samuel (if healthy), some combination of Milne and Brown provide a ton of speed and shiftiness on the outside.

And this is all assuming they don't bring back Hump or McKissic.  Or draft/sign somebody.  

We lacked a QB last year who could exploit any of this because Fitz went down in the first half of the first game, Samuel spent the entire year on IR basically, Logan Thomas was out of the lineup most of the year, and McKissic missed the last 6 games of the year.

I'm not going to fall into the "Bruce Allen" trap to think all of these guys are going to come back and stay healthy the entire season.  But I do think some will, and I think there's a lot there to like already.

I really want to see them go bombs away this year and really try and stretch the field. Wentz has the arm to throw the ball to every spot on the field, drive it or launch it.  Use it.  He has the best arm we've had here since Griffin, and it's not close.  He might have the best arm since Sonny.  AND he's really accurate on deep passes.  It's a good combination. 

On paper, it really does look pretty good. 

We're going to have a hole at right guard, but guards are usually easier to fill in. I like Thomas and Bates as the tight ends. I like the potential of McLaurin, Samuel, Brown, and Milne as receivers. Gibson should do better if defenses can't stack the box. The o-line also appears fairly solid if players come back from injury. There are questions. Some of them are BIG questions. We have no idea how Samuels comes back and what he contributes. Same with Thomas. Same with Roullier. We don't know if Brown and Milne can take that sophomore step forward.

So, there's still work to do, but the cupboard has a bunch of the ingredients needed to be successful if the offensive coordinator can set the right menu and the QB can execute the cook.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Looking at some of Brown's film, I really think he may be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Wentz. Not a number 1 but I do believe Wentz could hit him in stride and throw fewer hospital ball his way. Terry will benefit from that but Terry also pretty consistently handled hospital balls.

• Like 2

I know @Conn just posted this tweet but here are Carson's comments blown up so you don't have to look. I do not know the context of the other comments and honestly at this point I do not care as I would be willing to bet they were taken out of context. I think it is being blown way out of proportion.

Here is what he said from his own site. In terms of football, he specifically says he can't wait to get to FedEx and and that the team has a lot of talent. Looks like he is ready to start the next chapter. I expect Ron to get what he can out of him. May still be a big pile of steaming ****. But may be worth it to see how he actually plays before deciding it's going to be a complete disaster and he is pissed about coming here. It's not what this sounds like at all. 

image.thumb.png.562e0061e26d8f66cd03ccfd60780ec0.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Heads up for anyone that has HBOMax.

Just watched the first episode of the inseason Hard Knocks and it was pretty good. Carson Wentz comes off, dare I say it, as a hard working, dedicated, likeable leader at least up through the first 5 games.

It's eery watching Frank Reich and the gm gush and fawn over how fortunate they were to get the ultra-talented qb almost to the point of flat out saying the Eagles made a blunder and they got a steal because of it.

Six months later they couldn't get rid if him fast enough. 

Can't speak on the rest of the season but if you're trying to get a grasp on the enigma known as Carson Wentz it's as good a place as any to start.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yeah, it don’t exactly roll off the tongue or the fingers. 😆

It's OK, I wore a Redskins zip hoodie over my Caps stuff to the Gladiators' hockey game today...there was no doubt where I'm from or how old I am. 

I'm really ****ing old.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Carson is ready to get to work.

>>>“I’m looking forward to getting to Washington,” Wentz said. “This organization has a rich history and a roster full of talent. I’m going to do everything I can this offseason to prepare for a special season, and I can’t wait to see you at FedEx Field this fall!”<<<  From PFT.

Yaaaay Wincie wants ta play!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TK said:

Gentlemen, & I use that term loosely... :) 

Some of you may want to go take a refresher on this:

As @Jumbo will eventually show up & smack you upside the head. :chair:

My advice would be to go edit your religious comments out before he sees this. 

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Mods, I ask that you allow this one-time post since others have given their thoughts and ideas on what Carson was trying to imply to the kids in Indy, he was talking to them.

Yeah.... NO.

18. Adhere to the directives and recommendations of the ExtremeSkins Staff.

Goodbye GIF

• Haha 8

On 3/13/2022 at 7:58 AM, FootballZombie said:

I got no issue w/ what he said. He was talking to a bunch of kids and explained how to deal with change and adversity, and that is exactly what a trade to a new team demands.

You read that blurb w/ any kind of enthusiasm and it is not some gloomy "why has God forsaken me" passage, Its a message to continue the path when you face new challenges.

If we had video I think it would be looked at differently. People on here feel like he is slumped over the mic bemoaning his life.

Yeah; nothing with that statement, considering who he was speaking to.

I think he was telling the kids ; you aren’t defined by your failures. @88Comrade2000 (mod edit religious comment--no ban, don't do it again)

I take that as a good sign. He’s come to terms with what’s happened to him the last 2 years.  

Welcome aboard Carsonator .

I think he knows; this his last chance to be a starter. So; he will give it his all. Hopefully; those past issues don’t resurface. 

He can finish his career here; if all goes well and we will have  a long term starter. It’s up to you, Wentzy, to make it so.

• Like 3

I am confident that we will get Carson's best. He has to know it's drop a deuce or get off the pot time.

He was lucky to get a second chance to lead a franchise from the Colts. Now we're giving him a third opportunity. If this fails no one else will ever trust him with the reigns to a team again.

He'll be relegated to the discard pile as a career backup. A vagabond with no permanent home going from team to team on a series of one or two year moderately sized contracts.

Just another guy that almost had it all but stumbled along the way and never managed to get back up.

We'll get his best alright. I just hope his best is good enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

****, we got ourselves a Jesus freak. Everyone knows there's no God....................................................in Fedex Field.

I got 93'd 5 times for my religious freak comments. Maybe I'm wrong about his excuses for why he'll suck and feel justified for it.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's OK, I wore a Redskins zip hoodie over my Caps stuff to the Gladiators' hockey game today...there was no doubt where I'm from or how old I am. 

I'm really ****ing old.

We know you're an old lady, but I thought you lived in Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We know you're an old lady, but I thought you lived in Atlanta. 

Yes, I do...and I didn't know the Stingrays were the Caps farm team...I was wearing Caps gear, rooting for the ATL team.  We need as much local support as we can get if we ever expect to get another NHL team, which is unlikely.  It's stupid. 

It felt a little weird...the red threw me off, even being stone cold sober for months.  :ols:

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yes, I do...and I didn't know the Stingrays were the Caps farm team...I was wearing Caps gear, rooting for the ATL team.  We need as much local support as we can get if we ever expect to get another NHL team, which is unlikely.  It's stupid. 

It felt a little weird...the red threw me off, even being stone cold sober for months.  :ols:

Why would Atlanta have am ICE hockey team? That should have thrown you off.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why would Atlanta have am ICE hockey team? That should have thrown you off.

I went to a ton of Thrashers games...Because Nashville, Carolina, and Tampa seems to find a way...yet someone chose to cross hockey off the list in this town...oh, yeah...our  community (where I actually live and have a very hard time leaving even though I hate everything about the super loud cars that keep me awake and such) supports United to the point where I can't get a parking space at the Marta station to meet @goskins10 on football game days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

I went to a ton of Thrashers games...Because Nashville, Carolina, and Tampa seems to find a way...yet someone chose to cross hockey off the list in this town...oh, yeah...our  community (where I actually live and have a very hard time leaving even though I hate everything about the super loud cars that keep me awake and such) supports United to the point where I can't get a parking space at the Marta station to meet @goskins10 on football game days.

I'm thinking of moving now that I don't have all the dogs. I want to go hard as a chef again and atlanta is big for what I do. I'll be there in may.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm thinking of moving now that I don't have all the dogs. I want to go hard as a chef again and atlanta is big for what I do. I'll be there in may.

You're ****ting me...I was really hoping you were still hiring  :ols:  Ever since you said it, I kept it in the back of my mind.

We'll welcome your silly self.  Let me know where you land.