Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

If I was a team and desperately needed a qb, I would look at the Watson situation and say, nah. To be in his position with the scandal and only ok’ing a trade to a couple of teams is a red flag to me. 

I think he should be happy to just have a job in the league at this point. Outside of Watson and his friends and relatives, nobody would truly care if he ever played again. In fact, the only time he would be discussed in the future is when talking about his cases. Screw him and every other sexual predator out there! 

one more thing I must mention. Hell yeah!!! Let’s go Wentz!!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If you can trade a guy who your org scapegoats, disparages, bemoans and comes just short of getting the foreign old lady down the street to lay a curse upon, for shockingly plus returns, you did good. They did everything possible to tank Wentz trade value.

Ballard basically came out ahead while playing with his poker hand facing the opponents on this one. Pretty remarkable.

Media, as all this is going on:

Rock Clapping GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Hell yeah!!! Let’s go Wentz!!! 

Yeah, I've talked myself into him, which means he'll wildly underperform or get hurt. But hey, we keep our 2nd if he gets hurt! Bonus!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But they just loaded a shotgun, pointed it directly at their left foot, pulled the trigger, then re-loaded, pointed it at their right foot, pulled the trigger, and just to be sure they shot both of their feet off, picked up a bazooka and fired that at both their feet as well.  

Upon learning of this, Dan Snyder echoed the line from the famous Seinfeld episode, "Wait a minute, that's my move!"

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Ballard basically came out ahead while playing with his poker hand facing the opponents on this one. Pretty remarkable

I agree with your premise but he didn't come out ahead just not busted.

He doesn't have a quarterback or a first round pick this year thats not ahead.

Honestly I think he's doing the irsay thing and tanking for a top pick next year.

You don't get the first overall pick when John Elway, Peyton manning and Andrew luck are coming out by coincidence. 

If he has a top 3 pick next year it won't be a coincidence either.

• Like 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

That's how they got Luck isnt it? Bombing out the year before a good QB draft.

Maybe that is the plan again. We will see if they try to draft a guy.

They don't have a first so they could easily draft someone with their second knowing he'll almost certainly struggle because he's a rookie 2nd rounder.

Either way they're good, if he shows out they have their guy if he doesn't they get a top prospect in a good draft.

It's actually a pretty smart move to hedge your bet like that.

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

That's how they got Luck isnt it? Bombing out the year before a good QB draft.

Maybe that is the plan again. We will see if they try to draft a guy.

I think they're legitimately too good to tank their way to the #1 seed next year, even if they have my little sister playing QB.  Unless they trade away a whole bunch of defensive talent and bench their RB.

Their floor is 4-5 wins.  Probably more like 5-7 wins.  That's not getting them the #1 pick.  

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Dang, Atlanta is now in the Watson sweepstakes per Peter Schrager on The Herd

I have absolutely no idea how they would handle that cap situation.  If they pulled that off, Eric Schaffer and Vinny would be massively proud. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Their floor is 4-5 wins.  Probably more like 5-7 wins.  That's not getting them the #1 pick.  

What would have to go wrong to win 4-5 games? Coming off the season we just had, against the schedule we just had? Man...

...having said that, I just doomed us to go 3-14. Because I really don't know ****.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have absolutely no idea how they would handle that cap situation.  If they pulled that off, Eric Schaffer and Vinny would be massively proud. 

Me either unless they get Houston to eat some of Ryan's monster cap hit.

25 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Me either unless they get Houston to eat some of Ryan's monster cap hit.

I'm not even sure how they would go about doing that.  

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What would have to go wrong to win 4-5 games? Coming off the season we just had, against the schedule we just had? Man...

...having said that, I just doomed us to go 3-14. Because I really don't know ****.

I was talking about Indy for next year without Wentz.  If their plan is to suck their way into another #1 #1 to get another generational talent, I don't think they can do it.  I think they're legitimately too good to lose enough games to be in play for the #1 #1.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. If the Browns get Watson that would make Baker available. Who would you rather have, Wentz or Baker?

In fantasy land where all things are equal (Health, contract, cost to acquire) Mayfield.

But:

-I'm pretty sure Mayfield will cost more to get in real life

-I'm pretty sure Mayfield is recovering from surgery

-On the last yr of his deal so you gotta extend him which is scary

Crazy hard to make that argument in Baker's favor right now. Maybe if he was healthy.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

37 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. If the Browns get Watson that would make Baker available. Who would you rather have, Wentz or Baker?

Wentz. Huge arm, good off-script. I kinda hate him, but I get the move more and more. At least you know he could be good -- because he's shown it before. 

Baker is so limited physically.  I would legit rather roll with Taylor and a rookie than bringing him in. 

I’m not sure if @Skinsinparadise has posted it but listening to Sheehan’s podcast and Thom Lovero keeps saying if Ron wasn’t feeling pressured he would have just run it back with TH. Said they will try again for a QB but TH could start this year.

And then he couldn’t figure out why they might trade for Wentz AND pick a QB in the draft.  Called it desperate.

Well, no **** Sherlock they are desperate. They don’t have an NFL qualified starter on the roster, they can’t roll TH back out next year because that will lose the entire locker room, there isn’t an obvious solution in the draft, there are 10 other teams looking for a QB solution also AND the fans of the franchise are in revolt over the owner, so nobody is coming to the games, which makes for a crap game day experience.  Not to mention they play in a piece of crap stadium and have outdated facilities.  

Damn right they are desperate.  They are desperate to get a spark, maybe get 10-11 wins and start to build some momentum so they can get fans back into the stadium.  

But they can’t do that with TH and probably not Mitch, or Mariota, or Dalton and probably not a QB in the draft right away.

Btw, Gee wouldn’t it have been nice if Dan hadn’t wasted a first rounder in Haskins? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure if @Skinsinparadise has posted it but listening to Sheehan’s podcast and Thom Lovero keeps saying if Ron wasn’t feeling pressured he would have just run it back with TH. Said they will try again for a QB but TH could start this year.

And then he couldn’t figure out why they might trade for Wentz AND pick a QB in the draft.  Called it desperate.

Well, no **** Sherlock they are desperate. They don’t have an NFL qualified starter on the roster, they can’t roll TH back out next year because that will lose the entire locker room, there isn’t an obvious solution in the draft, there are 10 other teams looking for a QB solution also AND the fans of the franchise are in revolt over the owner, so nobody is coming to the games, which makes for a crap game day experience.  Not to mention they play in a piece of crap stadium and have outdated facilities.  

Damn right they are desperate.  They are desperate to get a spark, maybe get 10-11 wins and start to build some momentum so they can get fans back into the stadium.  

But they can’t do that with TH and probably not Mitch, or Mariota, or Dalton and probably not a QB in the draft right away.

Btw, Gee wouldn’t it have been nice if Dan hadn’t wasted a first rounder in Haskins? 

Yeah i was going to comment on this narrative about them being "desperate".    Heck yeah they were so what?  

I was just listening to Albert Breer, his point (and I sense the same from Keim podcasts) is he thinks they are going with the Seattle model, they are going to keep swinging until they find that guy citing Seattle did it for years and then land on the guy.  Actually ironically Roseman spelled out the same years ago before landing on Wentz and then bragged about their approach and how sound they were as for doing their homework on Wentz.

Grant Paulsen seemed to argue the point early in the interview with Breer citing what if Wentz doesn't work, then its a failure, etc.  Breer basically goes who gives a rat's butt as to what players you've swung on and missed on during the process.  No one cares about the swings and misses Seattle had before landing Russell Wilson, all that matters is Russell Wilson. 

So Breer thinks they are taking a QB in the first or 2nd because he gets the sense that's how the Commanders are thinking.  They want to swing until they land on one. 

It was funny Paulsen at one point today (its clear he talks to people who work there based on some of his other comments) said he knows they think Wentz is a lot better than we (the media) thinks he is.

The thing about Sheehan is its rare for me to say he's the most imbalanced of all the radio guys but IMO he is on this subject.   And I'll say he's even been dishonest about it which is really rare for him because he's typically above board on his takes whether I agree with him or not.  He totally misrepresented an interview he had with an Eagles reporter and just outright lied (He probably let his bias affect his memory versus purposely lied) about stats given to him by the PFF guy on his own show relating to Wentz.  He needs to just cool down. :ols:

I am looking forward to the Wentz press conference.  Some of the radio guys seem to think Wentz is a cross between Freddy Krueger and Michael Myers.  I think they will be wildly surprised.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

So Breer thinks they are taking a QB in the first or 2nd because he gets the sense that's how the Commanders are thinking.  They want to swing until they land on one.

I would have expected us to be more aggressive in FA if that were the case, time yet I guess.

@Skinsinparadise with Sheehan, I think it’s a cumulative effect of hating Dan.  The rant he went on today where he was defending always coming back to Dan and the “aura of self destruction” has basically taken over his entire point of view.  I also think the name change hit him hard.  He likes to say he’s lost passion.  And I bet he has.  But I think he still has some and these missteps really hurt him. 

And he and Thommy together are just one big gripe fest about everything. 

He also is close to Mike, and he’s never forgiven Dan for firing Mike.

I think he’s just in a deep, dark place at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Skinsinparadise with Sheehan, I think it’s a cumulative effect of hating Dan.  The rant he went on today where he was defending always coming back to Dan and the “aura of self destruction” has basically taken over his entire point of view.  I also think the name change hit him hard.  He likes to say he’s lost passion.  And I bet he has.  But I think he still has some and these missteps really hurt him. 

And he and Thommy together are just one big gripe fest about everything. 

He also is close to Mike, and he’s never forgiven Dan for firing Mike.

I think he’s just in a deep, dark place at the moment. 

Yeah I agree.  He thinks Dan is a train wreck and this organization is doomed because of him.  I get it.  

Its not that I always agreed with him on everything but I find him informative and entertaining.  To me he's an institution as far as radio guys covering this team. 

My issue with him on Wentz isn't his take.  I can even deal with the vitriol because I get where that's coming from.  But when he's reframing his own interviews on his own show in blatantly biased ways, he's crossing lines I've never seen him do before.  I don't think he's even doing it on purpose.  He's so deep down with his hate that I gather he's not even listening closely to his own guests and just distorts and cherry picks what they say to fit his predisposed take.  

Guys like JP Finlay for example hated the deal initially but then came around to an extent and shows at least some balance.  Sheehan is showing very little of that. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

This is probably the best overall detailed breakdown of Carson Wentz's play last year that I've seen-- and I've watched quite a bit since the trade.

WARNING: Not for squeamish Commanders fans or the faint of heart. Do not watch this video if you are prone to depression or suicidal ideation.

Positive spin: Ultimately this is just one man's opinion and hopefully Carson will use some of this to work on the flaws in his game. I still believe Carson is well positioned to have his best season since 2017.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1