Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's a reporter but never heard of him.  If Cooper wants 20 million, I can't see how we do it considering Terry is about to get the same. 

The one thing I like about it is that he was released.  So if Scherff gets big money and we got a 3rd round comp pick, a big signing of our own wipes out that pick.  But Cooper would not.

Trade 1/1/1 for Watson

Extend Terry 5 years, $110m

Sign Cooper 3 years, $60m

Probably very little $$ left after that to bring in much in free agency. But it would be a fun offense.

2nd - LB

3rd - Guard

4th - FS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Just read TE Schultz got tagged in Dallas and not Gregory so he, Cooper, Gallup are all impending free agents if not resigned before then.

Also reported that Lawrence refused pay cut so he is a possible cut candidate as well. very real possibility we gain ground on Dallas just based off subtraction of talent from their roster

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Bloody Hell the Browns tagged Njoku. Didn’t see that move coming.

The tag for TE is kind of a bargain relative to the rest of the tag numbers for other positions. It's around $10 million this year.

Sorry if this was asked and answered, since he was just released can Kyle Van Noy sign with a new team immediately of does he have to wait until next week like all the free agents? I watched him in N.E. and was impressed with his play this past season

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Sorry if this was asked and answered, since he was just released can Kyle Van Noy sign with a new team immediately of does he have to wait until next week like all the free agents? I watched him in N.E. and was impressed with his play this past season

Thanks. 

He can sign right away

On another note, MLB

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 1.02.45 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's a reporter but never heard of him.  If Cooper wants 20 million, I can't see how we do it considering Terry is about to get the same. 

The one thing I like about it is that he was released.  So if Scherff gets big money and we got a 3rd round comp pick, a big signing of our own wipes out that pick.  But Cooper would not.

Washington would be dumb enough to pay Cooper way too much $$ without even having a single halfway decent QB on the roster.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just about to post on this.  This would be a big time signing obviously.  the FA crop for LB is weak.   Also no loss of the comp pick they will get for Schreff. 

Sign Wagner and Amari and no loss of comp pick for Scherff

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Sign Wagner and Amari and no loss of comp pick for Scherff

Not sure they have the money to do both but it would be cool -- they are certainly both need positions.  If Scherff gets a big contract that comp pick would end up a 3rd so it would be a big deal to keep it.