Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Id be all over this if I was Ron.

Fuller was a top 5 CB last year and WJIII is under contract and played really well at the end of the season. High priced CB isn't on our radar. Draft only or a slot guy maybe in FA.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Id be all over this if I was Ron.

I’m inclined to agree. Couple of great FA corners could be available. Premier position.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Fuller was a top 5 CB last year and WJIII is under contract and played really well at the end of the season. High priced CB isn't on our radar. Draft only or a slot guy maybe in FA.

Anything that is a clear upgrade should be on our radar.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Fuller was a top 5 CB last year and WJIII is under contract and played really well at the end of the season

He was decent to good but if you can get a JCJ its a significant upgrade at a premier position Especially with Fullers contract is easily moved on from

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A need for the Commanders and I'd love for us to sign him.  We'd be able to focus on another position of need in the draft if we were able to sign Williams in FA.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

A need for the Commanders and I'd love for us to sign him.  We'd be able to focus on another position of need in the draft if we were able to sign Williams in FA.  

We need to get this done.  Plain and simple.  Ron, time to be aggressive here as well.

• Like 3

Since realistically we were never going to be able to obtain one of thee A list QBs., I believe we have to make the defense amazing. I think we need to sign Marcus Williams and he is not going to get franchised (Source twitter Jeremy Fowler ESPN)  Then we have to solidify the Mike LB.  Campbell I am not sure but their are late bloomers and this is not there retirement home it was when Snyder first bought the team.  Which is to say that if we sign Devondre Campbell he will ball out, and he does not have to play at a all pro level, that's unrealistic but to become an answer for the next 3-5 years.

How does this defense fancy you.

C, Young     J. Allen     D. Payne      M. Sweat

K. Holcomb     D. Campbell    J. Davis

WJ III          M. Williams   K. Curl       K. Fuller

Rover/Robber L. Collins

Looks pretty good to me.  

I believe this can afford us the luxury (term used loosely) to sign Winston. Winston tore his ACL just when he was starting to click in Sean Payton's Saints offense. The ceiling of the former No. 1 overall pick is easily higher than those of the rest of the free-agent quarterbacks, and he proved last year he can succeed while playing with more caution  I am ready for a little more aggressive nature form the QB1 position fore this squad.  I thin he has the most upside even at this age.  Is he turnover prone, yes however I will return to stacking your defense to help, and that we will undoubtedly  score more points with Winston at QB.  Plus I believe he has improved in the turnover department.  

So we addressed major needs, especially on defense and it opens up the draft for trade downs or best players available, so that we do not have to reach for a QB.  I do not believe any of these qbs are any good.  

Options.

1.  Trade down and acquire draft capital to make another push for a long term qb in 23.

2. Draft a WR to help Winston as I believe are large FA options will be completed after these signings.

3.  Can take a shot on a later rd qb and see if we can find a gem  

I believe that that Hypothetical team will make the playoffs, and gives the commanders a ton of options through the draft.

Have great day ladies and gentlemen.

boycottdan.com  

***I understand that Winston has committed some question acts directed at women.  If this is the case then we would have to look for another FA qb.  No room for those type of people in this organization or any organization. (IMO)

Sorry.

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 1

Marcus Williams and Devondra Campbell in FA really complete the defense. Add a veteran DE and OL for depth and obviously grab the cheap veteran QB and it opens up the draft for all sorts of options on offense. 

We could free up some solid cap space by restructuring Collins or June 1st cutting him. That becomes more of an option if we bring in Williams. We’d have a very expensive secondary either way with Williams, Collins, Jackson and Fuller. But you’d be supplanting all of that defensive investment with cheap rookie contracts on offense.

FA: MLB Campbell, FS Williams, QB Winston

Draft: QB-WR-OL-RB

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Marcus Williams and Devondra Campbell in FA really complete the defense. Add a veteran DE and OL for depth and obviously grab the cheap veteran QB and it opens up the draft for all sorts of options on offense. 

We could free up some solid cap space by restructuring Collins or June 1st cutting him. That becomes more of an option if we bring in Williams. We’d have a very expensive secondary either way with Williams, Collins, Jackson and Fuller. But you’d be supplanting all of that defensive investment with cheap rookie contracts on offense.

FA: MLB Campbell, FS Williams, QB Winston

Draft: QB-WR-OL-RB

Winston is another Watson off the field. Just need Watson to hop up on a cafeteria table and announce that he loves sexually assaulting women. Hard pass.

Why would we sign a vet DE? Young Sweat and WBK and JWS looked fine, along with Toney on PR downs. 2 ingrained starters and 3 back ups. Inside Payne plays 90% of snaps (which is insane) and Ioannidis backs up Allen. Wise we might bring back and he's a solid back up to Payne. That line is set this year.

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Winston is another Watson off the field. Just need Watson to hop up on a cafeteria table and announce that he loves sexually assaulting women. Hard pass.

Why would we sign a vet DE? Young Sweat and WBK and JWS looked fine, along with Toney on PR downs. 2 ingrained starters and 3 back ups. Inside Payne plays 90% of snaps (which is insane) and Ioannidis backs up Allen. Wise we might bring back and he's a solid back up to Payne. That line is set this year.

Good point. I know WBK and JWS looked fine. I forgot about Toney somehow. I suppose the DL is fine even if we don’t bring back Settle (I hope we do, Payne and Ionn are off the books in 2023). Would hate for Settle to walk and then need to spend high capital on a DT next year (especially if we trade our 1st for Watson or someone). 

If we trade for Watson we will need to clear cap and likely won’t be able to bring in much unless we do some restructures and kick cap down the road. 

Watson makes this team an instant contender. But we won’t have cap space or early picks to the next couple years to replenish talent. Only real on field downside. 

If we go QB @ 11 and bring in a vet on the cheap then that’s not as much an issue. Plenty of picks and cap space to bring in some impact guys in FA obviously. 

48 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No he’s not. Winston had some missteps in college and early on but he’s been a family man and has had no issues off the field the last several years

• Like 3

2 hours ago, method man said:

No he’s not. Winston had some missteps in college and early on but he’s been a family man and has had no issues off the field the last several years

Alright. He hasn't sexually assaulted a woman in about 3 years. Good for him.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I hope we take a run at Evan Engram, FA tight end from the NYG...He'd be a great get, has great hands and can beat defenders with his speed. 

I kinda like him staying with the Giants. He is always injured and drops a lot of balls. I read where I think he led the league in TE drops for 2 or 3 years Also while fast as heck, he isn't a tough runner

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I kinda like him staying with the Giants. He is always injured and drops a lot of balls. I read where I think he led the league in TE drops for 2 or 3 years Also while fast as heck, he isn't a tough runner

Yup.  Agree 100%.  Would rather have RSJ back at a much lower salary.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Yup.  Agree 100%.  Would rather have RSJ back at a much lower salary.  

I thought RSJ played well. Also everyone keeps bringing up all the big name FA's we should go after, but it really is not the teams MO other one or two guys. It's the RSJ guys we have had great success with and figure that's the RA pool they will be swimming in mostly.

19 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I thought RSJ played well. Also everyone keeps bringing up all the big name FA's we should go after, but it really is not the teams MO other one or two guys. It's the RSJ guys we have had great success with and figure that's the RA pool they will be swimming in mostly.

We've tried to catch the big fish and couldn't. We'll see what happens. Last year the Pats grossly outbid everyone for the top 2 TEs on day one of FA, so we settled on RSJ. Who knows if we went after anyone else. We signed a FA and drafted 2 essentially, so we hit the position really hard.