Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Does Wentz help attract a FA wide receiver or TE????? I'm not seeing it.

2 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Per Schefter:

Pro-Bowl left tackle Eric Fisher is not expected to resign with the Colts despite the fact that the two sides have spent recent weeks trying to strike a new deal, per sources. Fisher now is poised to hit free agency next week.

He won't come here with Wentz now in town....

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Having signed Wentz, can we still afford Wagner?

Not at the minute.

I think well be converting Wentz’ 2022 salary to create space. Collins could be going now. Look out for a couple of other restructuring move before FA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Teams were apparently calling about Ridley. Copper on the way out. Wonder about DK now.

I think he is good friends with the old Miss qb. I think if they draft him they will keep Metcalf 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Does Wentz help attract a FA wide receiver or TE????? I'm not seeing it.

He won't come here with Wentz now in town....

Fisher isn’t coming to WSH because they don’t need him. It was just info. The more quality players available the better chance of teams using their money on guys WSH doesn’t want anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What do you think money wise it will get us to.

Hard to tell exactly.  But cutting Collins gets us close to $18M.  Flowers could be enticed to extend, guaranteeing him more money while lowering his 22 cap number.  That could get you into the low to mid 20s before you ask guys to rework their deals.

Commanders have 5 days to make moves cuts, restructures.  I just want to see a presser on this move by RR and hopefully Mayhew and Hurney will give their reasons as to WHY?  FA tampering starts on 3/14

March 16

When is NFL free agency? Free agency officially begins at the start of the new league year, which is March 16 at 1 p.m. ET. Agents for pending free-agent players, however, are permitted to negotiate with prospective teams beginning March 14 at noon ET

You'll pretty much know who's signing where for how much after 12pm on 3/14 and it officially happens on 3/16.  Many needs on this team and a lot of work to do.  Let's see how they work together to plan this stuff out.  I would think a trade down in the 1st and maybe the 2nd takes place to recoup what they lost this year.  They need to extend players too such as Terry M. and others.  🙄

Edited by RWJ