Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

36 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I thought RSJ played well. Also everyone keeps bringing up all the big name FA's we should go after, but it really is not the teams MO other one or two guys. It's the RSJ guys we have had great success with and figure that's the RA pool they will be swimming in mostly.

I do like this FO’s ability to identify strong low tier high impact depth pieces. We could use another on the OL and RB. But we need the impact this year on defense whether it’s MLB or FS. But those are the only non-QB positions I could see is going hard for. Otherwise, McKissic, RSJ type signings to round out the roster. 

• Like 3

I’m going to continue to push my MLB target Jermaine Carter. Not elite by any standard, didn’t quite fully take his starting chance in CAR. Mixed results. However, great pro. Excellent worker and leader. Rotational player at worst. Local guy who I would wager would sign for us in a heartbeat.

The draft looks loaded at MLB. I would be loathe to spend big in FA now. Bring in a solid vet like Carter, draft a top prospect to pair with him, see how they work. The draft looks exciting at LB. Too good to ignore.

• Like 2

10 days until free agency!  Foe all the middle aged mean gean okerlund, you can cut the electricity in the air with a knife LOL, WWF reference.  We will know whats going on with the qb situation pretty early in this process, if we do not come out aggressive, even during the tampering days, we could have our answer.  

I still have this funny feeling that the R Wilson thing is not entirely but to bed.  I think Rapsheet is usually pretty accurate when it comes to rumors etc.  

At the very least it should be interesting.  Lets hope we can get some luck and results that favor the Commanders.  

.I do not use twitter but if someone would send this new handle to Wilson it could work @commanderuss.

A little something that I still go to on Monday mornings to motivate me.  Plus great memory.  Overall a great pick me up.

Enjoy.

On a personal not the third down and four play is when I officially fell in love with Sean Taylor RIP.

• Like 1

One week until we can start talking to players/agents about signing for us in free agency, but still no word on new deals for McClaurin, Mckissick, Settle or redoing any deals for players who could be on higher cap figures than we want, Flowers, Collins, etc. Does this mean we still believe we have got a chance of still trading for Wilson or Watson?. And are putting everything else on the back burner until QB is sorted out. 

2 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

One week until we can start talking to players/agents about signing for us in free agency, but still no word on new deals for McClaurin, Mckissick, Settle or redoing any deals for players who could be on higher cap figures than we want, Flowers, Collins, etc. Does this mean we still believe we have got a chance of still trading for Wilson or Watson?. And are putting everything else on the back burner until QB is sorted out. 

Yes

• Like 2

Just now, OMacAttack said:

Kyle Van Noy to be released by the Pats, any and all LBs need to be looked into imo.

He's way too slow.  He got cut by Miami after signing a big deal and now cut be NE.  No way.

12 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m going to continue to push my MLB target Jermaine Carter. Not elite by any standard, didn’t quite fully take his starting chance in CAR. Mixed results. However, great pro. Excellent worker and leader. Rotational player at worst. Local guy who I would wager would sign for us in a heartbeat.

The draft looks loaded at MLB. I would be loathe to spend big in FA now. Bring in a solid vet like Carter, draft a top prospect to pair with him, see how they work. The draft looks exciting at LB. Too good to ignore.

Not familiar enough with him to know what price range he'd be. Another guy is Alex Johnson in Denver. He's 31, but does have limited ware. Both guys seem like prototypical "Ron and Co" cheap 1-2 year free agent signings. Pairing one of them with a rookie 2nd or 3rd round backer might be tempting.

At this point, given the depth in the draft at the position, I see zero need to splurge on an off ball linebacker. If we keep the 2nd round pick, we are guaranteed at least a Chenal, Andersen or a Mumma. Even if wait until the 3rd, there will still be guys there.

I'd rather sign someone like a Rashaan Evans or an Anthony Walker to a short term deal to compete and/or for depth

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Bloody Hell the Browns tagged Njoku. Didn’t see that move coming.

I don't understand this one at all? Why is a back-up TE getting a $10+ million dollar tag? Njoku's never been particularly good. Plus Cleveland seems to want to keep Hooper too and also has a decent back-up in Harrison Bryant. Cleveland doesn't even use its TEs to catch very often. I'm sure there are cheaper blockers available. Super weird.

He's a reporter but never heard of him.  If Cooper wants 20 million, I can't see how we do it considering Terry is about to get the same. 

The one thing I like about it is that he was released.  So if Scherff gets big money and we got a 3rd round comp pick, a big signing of our own wipes out that pick.  But Cooper would not.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's a reporter but never heard of him.  If Cooper wants 20 million, I can't see how we do it considering Terry is about to get the same. 

The one thing I like about it is that he was released.  So if Scherff gets big money and we got a 3rd round comp pick, a big signing of our own wipes out that pick.  But Cooper would not.

Good point about receiving an additional 3rd rounder for Scherff.

I just don't see why Cooper would want to sign here with TH as the only QB. Same with a Mitch, Mariota, Winston...

If they draft a Willis as a WR selling point, FA would have already begun and everyone will know he is raw and won't be NFL ready for a while. I'd sign Terry and focus on the defense, RB, OL and a lesser WR or wait until the draft for WR

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Good point about receiving an additional 3rd rounder for Scherff.

I just don't see why Cooper would want to sign here with TH as the only QB. Same with a Mitch, Mariota, Winston...

If they draft a Willis as a WR selling point, FA would have already begun and everyone will know he is raw and won't be NFL ready for a while. I'd sign Terry and focus on the defense, RB, OL and a lesser WR or wait until the draft for WR

It definitiely won't help.  If by chance they are interested I gather it would be same angle as last time -- Alabama alumni pushing him and money.  Maybe revenge?  Ala Desean Jackson years back.