Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I do wonder if we think Schweitzer is enough at RG. 

Mayhew has very strong links to Laken Tomlinson. Drafted him and then in SF helped facilitate/influence his trade there.

Or my guy Glowinski who was the RG for Wentz last year in Indy.

Indys RG and LT both declined to resign with the Colts and their 9 year TE retired. Players also publicly expressing their frustration with their FO/owner. The wheels are falling off and they're more dysfunctional than us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

Thanks for posting this. The main takeaway from this article was the below imo.

Cap space isn’t an unsolvable issue for the Commanders. With the $7m available after adjusting for Deshazor Everett and $13m from a simple restructure of our new starting quarterback’s salary, the team could enter free agency with $20m in available cap space, which wouldn’t be so bad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I think Jackson is washed, Ertz would be the target for one of Wentz's favorite people / receivers 

DJax is still fast and the best at tracking the deep ball. 4 step drop and wing it and DJax can go get it. 

He'd be a solid WR4 at this point. Use him the way teams keep a 3&1 RB.

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Good luck out there, Landon.

Probably get injured kicking rocks.

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have a lot more work to do this week/weekend to get more money for FA.  Restructures, extensions, more cuts, if possible.  Maybe a trade.  

Imagine if we had taken on the Russell Wilson contract.  😂

Edited by HigSkin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait. We had 28 million in cap space after trading for wentz right? How did cutting collins get us down to 12M? Didn’t we save money? 

No, we had 33 million and Wentz costs us 28 million without any money movement. So we were down to about 5-6 million.

Just now, HigSkin said:

Imagine if we had signed Russell Wilson.  😂

Well, HigSkin we'd be getting an older QB by 3 or 4 years as Wentz is younger, the extension would have been much more thank Wentz and we would have lost our 1sts and more picks for the next 3 years.  We would have had a better QB though.  We shall see how this plays out.  IF we can protect for Wentz and get another WR to team with Terry and another RB we may be ok.  I'd like to see us trade down in the 1st definitely and possibly 2nd and recoup some picks we lost. :)  

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait. We had 28 million in cap space after trading for wentz right? How did cutting collins get us down to 12M? Didn’t we save money? 

No, Wentz cost 28 million this year...fully GTD.  We were down to about 5.5-6.2M, Collins bought us another 6M but that dead cap...ugh!  Really had hoped they'd treat him as a June 1st and spread that dead cap out.

• Like 1

I keep seeing LC savings at 6.5.   Couldn't they designate him a June 1st cut and have more room this year?   Add in the 13 mil if we restructure Wentz, and we have about 20 mil for free agents and another 5 for rookies.  Only 10 teams have more than 25 mil in space currently, so we can be competitive bidding for some mid tier guys.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

DJax is still fast and the best at tracking the deep ball. 4 step drop and wing it and DJax can go get it. 

He'd be a solid WR4 at this point. Use him the way teams keep a 3&1 RB.

Idk KB I'd say he's lost a little speed, though he could be cheap and offer some advice to Brown possibly. Maybe worth a vet min deal. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Shame about Collins, but not shocking at all.

I cant wait until early in the first quarter of our first game, when Wentz hits Terry in stride 60 yards down the field and a lot of people's tunes change.

Otherwise known as the Case Keenum. Hopefully, with more staying power this time.

But yeah, nothing about the demeanor of Landon Collins made me think he would NOT hit the open market unless they overpaid.

Edited by SpacePenguin

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

No, we had 33 million and Wentz costs us 28 million without any money movement. So we were down to about 5-6 million.

Wow. I’m not sure why, but i kept seeing we had about 50M in cap space before the trade for wentz, 33M doesn’t seem like a lot for the moves we needed to make pre-wentz. 

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Just watching Good Morning Football over here in the UK, they're saying that McKissic could demand 5/6m per year on the open market. I would say we won't pay that in my opinion. 

I like JD, but I highly doubt a 3rd down back is getting that with so many teams having limited cap space. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. I’m not sure why, but i kept seeing we had about 50M in cap space before the trade for wentz, 33M doesn’t seem like a lot for the moves we needed to make pre-wentz. 

They had a flurry of futures contracts a few weeks back, and Leno's deal.

• Thanks 1