Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Hope to see some movement on our guys before FA starts.  Now that the FO isn't focused on trades for a QB. I'd like to see McKissic and McCain back. Now there are linebackers hitting the market.  If the FO wants to keep any chances of comp picks they need to get the cuts. Hicks / Wagner and Cooper if possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, method man said:

I bet Logan starts on PUP. Signing Ertz to a one year deal makes a ton of sense as the step in #1 TE until Thomas is healthy

Hard to believe the Eagles receivers were so bad that Ertz was his number 1 pass catcher 4 years in a row.

• Like 1

Ertz is a no brainer now, especially if the thinking is to pick up a WR in the draft say. Don’t care how we do it, but we could do with a WR,TE, will we pick up a rookie QB, plus Wentz needs a strong running game...can Gibson be reliable enough, I think we need a workhorse to go with him.

FS, LB, line depth. Plenty to think about.

Ertz TE

Valdes-Scanting WR....or Cooper WR

Gordon RB

Glowinski RG...or Tomlinson RG

Williams FS

Carter LB....or Vander Esch LB....or do we spend big ??

Rookie QB, maybe more likely we add a LB, WR in the draft. Need to acquire another pick for that RB to draft one.

Rivera specifically wanted QB and LB...maybe we do plough all resource into that vet LB now, Campbell or Wagner say...

that’s all over the place :ols: now we have QB in place I can look at this properly again :ols:

Hell fire, Jordan Hicks got released, yes please. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want London Fletcher to be available again.  Darn, he was solid.  Wagner is great but he wants to go to a contender, guys brace yourself that we are not getting Wagner.  He is getting up there in age and wants to play for a chance for the chip.  I forget about Vander Esch.  I like revenge players.

Pretty sure Ron and I think alike in some ways. I don't care about QB as long as it's settled, but im going to pin the personality of this team on defense to set the tone. Ron wants to play and the only way he can do that is by drafting a MLBer, so I doubt we go that route in FA. 

I dont know what they think of St Juice, but he's not a slot CB and Fuller is great outside, so our corner depth is awful. Losing Collins and McCain will also really hurt.

Our secondary needs more attention than any other spot. 

Williams at FS would be amazing. But that CB 3-5 I have no idea.

Could use a RG, but we do have a starter in Wes. Depth in the draft or sign a 1YPiD with someone random? 

Lake Tomlinson would be a nice upgrade.

WR the value is definitely in the draft. I know they're working it out with Cam so Terry, Curtis, Dynamite and Cam is thin. We do still have Dax and I believe Harmon is around, but we need field stretchers.

DJax? Solid vet at a fair rate and a perfect deep ball guy. I'd love to see Wentz air it out to DJax in the Link.

RB? If we can trade back, walker would be a great target. I'd also love to bring McKissic back, but I think that's Gibbys natural role. We need a bruiser.

• Like 1

We need to designate Collins as post June 1st. Even though we don’t realise the cap benefit until after June 1st, we are currently cap compliant which is the main thing.

Sort out some restructures to accommodate early FA signings, then let the Collins cap saving kick in June 1st bolstering out cap space by 11mil to cover in season contingency.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

We have around 10 players with salary numbers of between 5mil and 10mil that can be looked at for restructuring purposes. Think WJ3 has a 6mil roster bonus you easily convert. And we re-do the structure of the Wentz deal without doubt.

Lets get set up over the weekend to be ready for FA.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

We have around 10 players with salary numbers of between 5mil and 10mil that can be looked at for restructuring purposes. Think WJ3 has a 6mil roster bonus you easily convert. And we re-do the structure of the Wentz deal without doubt.

Lets get set up over the weekend to be ready for FA.

I've looked at players we can restructure, release and re-sign and we could easily free up 30/40m cap space. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just watching Good Morning Football over here in the UK, they're saying that McKissic could demand 5/6m per year on the open market. I would say we won't pay that in my opinion. 

No chance, let him walk. 

25 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I've looked at players we can restructure, release and re-sign and we could easily free up 30/40m cap space. 

I don’t want us to be too reckless with restructuring but we can readily open up 25-30mil including a Collins cut to cover the job off. 

Edited by Est.1974

Not too worried about this year’s cap space. They can make it work.  With the Wentz trade, I am thinking about the DLine.  I thought it was possible to keep all 4 when you have a rookie QB.  But, let’s say you like Wentz, he has a mid to upper 20s cap hit in 23.  Do you think about moving or Sweat now?  Could get some draft picks back.  Problem is that the draft is deep in d line, so their trade value might not be as high.

Edited by Ball Security

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Not too worried about this year’s cap space. They can make it work.  With the Wentz trade, I am thinking about the DLine.  I thought it was possible to keep all 4 when you have a rookie QB.  But, let’s say you like Wentz, he has a mid to upper 20s cap hit in 23.  Do you think about moving or Sweat now?  Could get some draft picks back.  Problem is that the draft is deep in d line, so their trade value might not be as high.

I think that it is inevitable at this point.  The niners had to move Buckner who is an all pro with the Colts.  But drafted Kinlaw, different players but their line looked pretty good last year.  I also believe your last sentence could be a bit of a stumbling block, a lot of depth will scare most teams at this point,  Another option would be mid season trade, or deadline.  Teams will be desperate and is contingent if we are not in the race.  They better he plays the more I try to move him.  

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

We need to designate Collins as post June 1st. Even though we don’t realise the cap benefit until after June 1st, we are currently cap compliant which is the main thing.

Sort out some restructures to accommodate early FA signings, then let the Collins cap saving kick in June 1st bolstering out cap space by 11mil to cover in season contingency.

I thought teams were allowed to designate one player as a post june 1st cut prior to June 1st and get the full savings right away?

13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I thought teams were allowed to designate one player as a post june 1st cut prior to June 1st and get the full savings right away?

I think you can designate early but the saving only kicks in 1 June.  It may even be a case that all of the saving isn’t realised until 1 June, in which case it’s not really ideal for us to do on balance with Collins. We need some space next week.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I dont know what they think of St Juice, but he's not a slot CB and Fuller is great outside, so our corner depth is awful. Losing Collins and McCain will also really hurt.

Our secondary needs more attention than any other spot. 

Williams at FS would be amazing. But that CB 3-5 I have no idea.

Well Tavon Young is a damn good slot corner just released by the Ravens.

But that injury history is brutal.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Could use a RG, but we do have a starter in Wes. Depth in the draft or sign a 1YPiD with someone random? 

I do wonder if we think Schweitzer is enough at RG. 

Mayhew has very strong links to Laken Tomlinson. Drafted him and then in SF helped facilitate/influence his trade there.

Or my guy Glowinski who was the RG for Wentz last year in Indy.

• Like 1