Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Apke is a ST guy but did get play at CB last year in some sets.

Apke did not play a single defensive snap last season - at least as per Pro Football Reference. Which is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Apke did not play a single defensive snap last season - at least as per Pro Football Reference. Which is a good thing.

Yeah I think he’s thinking of training camp/preseason—where they did move him to CB and he played/practiced there but that was it. No regular season snaps like you said 

I kind of wonder if they'll bring back Danny Johnson to play nickel again. I thought he did a pretty good job there, at least tackling wise. I recall St. Juste not playing much later in the year, but I'm not clear on if they just wanted to keep Fuller outside or if he was still recovering from a concussion.

The end of the season was such a mess with covid that it's hard to say.

2 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I kind of wonder if they'll bring back Danny Johnson to play nickel again. I thought he did a pretty good job there, at least tackling wise. I recall St. Juste not playing much later in the year, but I'm not clear on if they just wanted to keep Fuller outside or if he was still recovering from a concussion.

I hope so too on DJ. He proved he is a solid nickel corner. Dont forget that he can be a kick returner too

Edited by method man

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I wonder what it would be like for a coach to trade a few picks for a guy, then say "he is our QB 1 going forward but I hope to see this be a very short tenure and I really mean that." Would the QB be in the corner of the room crying? Jared Goff would have the closest experience to it, but he also has wads of $500 bills to wipe his tears with.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I wonder what it would be like for a coach to trade a few picks for a guy, then say "he is our QB 1 going forward but I hope to see this be a very short tenure and I really mean that." Would the QB be in the corner of the room crying? Jared Goff would have the closest experience to it, but he also has wads of $500 bills to wipe his tears with.

That's basically what he said about Heinicke last year LOL

29 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

I think BSJ was hurt for most of the end of the season.  We also had Torry Mctyer shine in camp as well.  I wonder if they bring him in again.  Im sure he will be recovered from the ACL.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NeverSurrender said:

I think BSJ was hurt for most of the end of the season.  We also had Torry Mctyer shine in camp as well.  I wonder if they bring him in again.  Im sure he will be recovered from the ACL.

I never like McTyer. The guy was a walking pass interference penalty.

Rivera confirming what we can obviously see that the Wentz trade, and contract, has impacted our intent in FA. He really makes it sound like they didn’t think he would be there to acquire. 

So, on balance, FA has been quiet but the major offset is a QB1 in the house.

• Like 1