Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Spurrier beat Manning at least once:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/221027028

Remember listening to it on the radio because our power was off, was unexpected and right on time...

Indeed we did... I stand corrected. Michael Vick is another one where we eeked out a single 5 point win against him...albeit only by knocking him out of the game and when he played us later in the season he scored 2-3 games worth of points against us... on Monday Night... the same day we gave McNabb a stupid extension and watched Albe--- uh Volde-  uh That Guy lay down while Vick scored another one.

42 minutes ago, Conn said:

The more the years go on the more Finlay morphs into the sort of sports radio personality that harps on narratives meant to upset you.

JP changed from reporter to sports radio personality the minute he got a sports radio show with BMitch.  

I think he still has sources, and he still breaks news, but he's no longer "just" a beat reporter for NBCSportsWashington.  Now he's kindof "king of all media" and trying to be provocative as well.  

I think he picked up a lot of that from BMitch.  Thank God he's not paired with Doc, or he might have just become a caricature of himself like Doc.

I blame BMitch.  (But I like to blame BMitch, so there is an admitted bias there).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hazel-Ra said:

Indeed we did... I stand corrected. Michael Vick is another one where we eeked out a single 5 point win against him...albeit only by knocking him out of the game and when he played us later in the season he scored 2-3 games worth of points against us... on Monday Night... the same day we gave McNabb a stupid extension and watched Albe--- uh Volde-  uh That Guy lay down while Vick scored another one.

Ohh yeah, Kevin Kolb came in to the game to replace Vick! Mcnabbs first game back in Philly. Watched that a couple weeks ago 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Donte Jackson would impact that, unless it was really low value more comparable to the Settle deal. However, CB usually get decent cash.

Wager, Hooper are ones I still like, both released players.

Honey Badger would screw the comp pick.

Commanders agreed to terms with LG Andrew Norwell, formerly of the Jaguars.

Norwell, 30, played for coach Ron Rivera in Carolina, and he now fills a big need on Rivera's Commanders squad after they released LG Ereck Flowers and saw RG Brandon Scherff walk in free agency to sign with Jacksonville. Norwell was once of the best guards in football when he left the Panthers. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 55 guard last season, receiving solid marks in pass protection. It's a solid short-term get for the Commanders.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Norwell better not cancel out the 3rd round comp pick from Scherff

It will because he wasn't released.  Depending on what we pay him will depend on how far the comp pick drops and if we sign another big FA.  

3 minutes ago, sebestian said:

It’s on twitter but I cannot paste it with my phone. I believe you can access through bleacher report. I will try again

On the mobile twitter app there’s a button under an individual tweet, bottom right under the “likes”, that looks like a little box with an arrow pointing up out of it—if you click that, then select “copy link”, you can paste that here and it will populate the tweet onto the site 👍 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Apparently b/c Norwells deal was shortened last year, it does not effect comp picks. 

I replied to your post that it would.  Let's wait to see what they say more about this.  I would think it would in some way.  I hope not though. :)  

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

It’s on twitter but I cannot paste it with my phone. I believe you can access through bleacher report. I will try again

I saw the post and replied.  Thanks. 

FYI, I created a thread ages ago for "who we should re-sign" and I updated the OP this morning.  It lists all of our FAs, and who we have re-signed and who we have lost, and who's still out there.  

In case anybody wants just a one-stop-shop for only our guys.  

I'm updating it mostly for my own benefit because I want to track what I thought back in early Jan vs. what ended up happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Apparently b/c Norwells deal was shortened last year, it does not effect comp picks. 

This is interesting as he was listed as UFA not SFA Street Free Agent that normally decides this.  I guess changing the deal to shorten negates the true FA.  I like it.

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

JP changed from reporter to sports radio personality the minute he got a sports radio show with BMitch.  

I think he still has sources, and he still breaks news, but he's no longer "just" a beat reporter for NBCSportsWashington.  Now he's kindof "king of all media" and trying to be provocative as well.  

I think he picked up a lot of that from BMitch.  Thank God he's not paired with Doc, or he might have just become a caricature of himself like Doc.

I blame BMitch.  (But I like to blame BMitch, so there is an admitted bias there).

I stopped listening to JPs podcast - and I barely notice his tweets anymore. Don’t care for what he’s becoming.

• Like 5