Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

13 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Neal is just another camp body.  I'll be more interested if/when Washington's F.O. signs another swing OT for depth and also finds a veteran linebacker.

I'm not sure about all this talk about "buffalo nickels" but once glance at Washington's current depth chart, made me feel more work needs to be done to shore up those two areas.  I only see one quality OT listed as backing both Tackle positions, kind of thin, should something prevent both starters from taking the field.  As for LB... Hold the Mayo please.

I doubt we see any OT come in that has a realistic chance at making the team as the fourth tackle.  They have three, then if you count Paul and Charles as Gs, they have 5 guards.  I doubt they carry 10 OL, but if they do, it’s more likely to be Larson (this all depends on the C’s recoveries).

4 hours ago, Wyvern said:

If Charles has to step in as a Tackle, Washington is in deep trouble; he's terrible at that position..  Not sure why they need so many Guards.

I’ve mentioned Daryl Williams in this thread loads. I have no idea why he is still unsigned having played very solid the last couple of seasons in Buffalo. Would be an excellent addition at OT with flex to cover inside too. Must be something amiss with him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wyvern said:

If Charles has to step in as a Tackle, Washington is in deep trouble; he's terrible at that position..  Not sure why they need so many Guards.

Because they get hurt a lot.  And they are also the backup Center.  We used like 7,682 guards and centers last year.  And 3 tackles, I think. 

• Thumb up 1

Actually it was mainly centers that needed to be covered.  Flowers started 16 games, Scherff 11.  However Cosmi missed 8 starts, most covered by Lucas except for one where Charles stepped in and delivered his turnstile performance. After that Charkes was limited to guard opportunities which were being created due  to the backup guard-centers having to cover the continuing losses at center.

Thank goodness Charles only saw the field a few times.  He was terrible in pass protection. Unless he improves this year, he's probably a bust considering he was the 2nd pick in round 4 of the 2020 draft.

Edited by Wyvern

12 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I doubt we see any OT come in that has a realistic chance at making the team as the fourth tackle.  They have three, then if you count Paul and Charles as Gs, they have 5 guards.  I doubt they carry 10 OL, but if they do, it’s more likely to be Larson (this all depends on the C’s recoveries).

This is the thing that always gets me about roster projections. Its never accurate because we always have injuries. I'm assuming that Chase Young, Thomas, and Roullier are all on the pre season injury list (still called pup?) That gives us the chance right there to have 10 OL, and 4 TEs. Then there's the scrappy rookie/second year player who's not as good as the vet but the dropoff isn't too great (what we had in Reaves in 2020). We can easily stash the younger player on the PS and keep the vet but if there's an injury we can just keep the younger guys. Then there's the whole roster shuffle after the cuts as we decide who's on IR, who can be cut for a week and brough back (remember how we did Sims his rookie year). Then there are injuries at a specific position that bring about guys like Wright (yeah he's forgotten but he had some playing time in 2020). 

I feel like because of the injuries last year that we're still recovering from we'll have some flexibility with the first 4 weeks. 

9 hours ago, bowhunter said:

How could the Cowboys possibly be in need of signing another LB?? They're already top heavy in talent  there.

Don't know but hopefully the money isn't equal because if so, because I hate to say it but Dallas is clearly the better destination spot unless he prefers it here because the opportunity is greater. 

12 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'd rather have Joe Schobert, but at this rate I'll take AJ Klein.

Schobert is the best out there.
Better do something or Jamin Davis and his league leader 90% pass completion defense is repeating every other snap as he alternates with David Mayo. Pathetic.

Anthony Barr can't cover either, so it figures they'd be connected.

How does an ex-LB'er HC & DC manage to draft the worst covering LB with the 19th pick!

Amazing!

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1