Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Our linebackers are “fine”. They aren’t good. They aren’t bad. Mayo can play. Holcomb and Davis are fine. The problem is that after them we go from C level skill (ie: league average) to… F-. Why we didn’t sign linebackers to compete and for depth at the least is astonishing to me. 

Its, at best, average. But we all know how fast best case scenarios last in the NFL. One of those guys goes down and things get dire… quick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

Because everybody knows that the 6th or 7th Tight End is much more important than the 4th or 5th Linebacker!

I’m not sure what the tight end group has to do with the linebackers, but I’ll go with you here.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our linebackers are “fine”. They aren’t good. They aren’t bad. Mayo can play. Holcomb and Davis are fine. The problem is that after them we go from C level skill (ie: league average) to… F-. Why we didn’t sign linebackers to compete and for depth at the least is astonishing to me. 

Its, at best, average. But we all know how fast best case scenarios last in the NFL. One of those guys goes down and things get dire… quick.

I’m hoping Hudson is somewhere around that ‘ok’ level as a backup to Davis, because we then at least have veteran depth with young guys competing for the back end.  Or one of the other young guys bypasses Hudson.  Something, anything to give a little reassurance for the unit.  

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sure what the tight end group has to do with the linebackers, but I’ll go with you here.

Was just being sarcastic. They have plenty of guys who might end up not making the roster as the 5th or 7th TE, but no linebackers when they only have 4 or 5. Makes no sense at all. 

41 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

In the last 30 years, you can count on one hand the amount of good LB's we've had.  It's been pathetic.

I think you're actually right about this;

London Fletcher

Ken Harvey

Wilbur Marshall

Monte Coleman

Andre Collins

?????

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Rivera’s approach to our LB position is beyond logical comprehension. 

I don't understand it either.  Should be the strength of the entire team, 1974.  Both our HC and DC were both LBs.  Go figure.  LOL

20 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If Nate Gerry makes the team we have serious issues at LB. This has to be a camp depth move?

yeah I think they just need someone who isn’t going to **** has pants playing every second half snap of the preseason, because we literally don’t have enough LB bodies once we sit the dudes that are important to keep healthy. Especially if we go more vanilla in the garbage parts of the preseason and use multiple LBs.

People need to prepare for our preseason backup defenses to be the ones all the UDFA RBs and WRs blow up against each week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

If Nate Gerry makes the team we have serious issues at LB. This has to be a camp depth move?

Don't know about that.   Just in terms of depth, only have four linebackers on the roster (Holcomb, Davis, Mayo, and Hudson) is probably not feasible, so we are likely going to have a fifth linebacker on the roster.   Who stands out above Gerry.  Gerry has 22 career starts and 163 tackles and 3 interceptions so he has experience.  Seems like solid depth.