Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

I've had this page sitting open on my browser for about an hour untouched. My browser gives me notifications telling me how many replies there have been to the page since I loaded it. "Oh boy, 14 new messages! Did we sign someone! Late free agency splash?"

Sex, drugs, and dolphins.

ESDKWFj.gif

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Some girls just like the bad boys

https://www.deepseanews.com/2013/02/10-reasons-why-dolphins-are-aholes/

Can we get more camp news?

Yikes on most of that but I can't get one thing out of my brain....

Dolphins have prehensile private parts!!!

That's like a monkey's tail. Monkeys can use it to grab a tree limb and hold themselves upside down, or eat a banana, or swat a pesky fly oooh wee!!!

I always wished that if the Hindus were right and we all keep coming back in one form or another I always wanted to be able to fly through interstellar space the next go round like the Silver Surfer.

Go see what's really out there. Be a doer of good deeds and such. 

**** that nonsense just give me a big old fully functional prehensile lady pleaser.

I'll rule the world and die smiling and let someone else worry about the cosmos.

----

OK back to football talk.

But oh my...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Yikes on most of that but I can't get one thing out of my brain....

Dolphins have prehensile private parts!!!

That's like a monkey's tail. Monkeys can use it to grab a tree limb and hold themselves upside down, or eat a banana, or swat a pesky fly oooh wee!!!

It's a good thing bangin dolphins is frowned upon or us Men would be in real trouble.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Sweat? I'm not with you there, I'm completely in the Daron Payne camp. Sweat has put together 1 single good season for the team in 2020. Sweat was drunk on Koolaid like Chase Young in 2021. The only other season with Sweat here was 2019, which was mediocre. Payne isn't flashy, but he's delivered every single time he's played. The finger pointing match is concerning, but going off of skill on the field, pitting the two against each other, Payne hasn't disappointed at all. Sweat has.

He played in 10 games in 2021 due to injury and coronavirus and was excused for the 17th game due to his brother was fatally shot.  You get 7 more games out of Sweat and instead of the 5 sacks he got along with tackles he ends up with many more sacks and tackles.   I'd say safe to say 10 sacks, 50-60 total tackles.  I'd like your feedback!  :)  

59 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

@KoolBlue13, clearly the "Virgin Islands"  got it's  name as a cosmic jest. ;)

Wow!

I was searching youtube to see if the documentary was available and saw the video title below which I at first thought had to be a joke or an exaggeration then I read some of the comments and realized the cia was involved and my jaw hit the ground.

Then I came back here and saw your post. lol

Kind of puts the George C Scott film "The Day of the Dolphin in a different light."

"Ba go now."

This is sick and allowed on this forum?

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He played in 10 games in 2021 due to injury and coronavirus and was excused for the 17th game due to his brother was fatally shot.  You get 7 more games out of Sweat and instead of the 5 sacks he got along with tackles he ends up with many more sacks and tackles.   I'd say safe to say 10 sacks, 50-60 total tackles.  I'd like your feedback! 

5 sacks in 10 games does not average out to 10 sacks in 17 games. That he didn't get more was directly related to his personal choices, two of which weight heavily in my view of him. The first was skipping offseason workouts with Chase Young. The second was his poor excuse for passing up the vaccine that would have allowed him to rejoin the team sooner after being infected. I'm not interested in rehashing the vaccine talks again a season later, but the takeaway is that he had multiple opportunities to better himself and allow himself to play for the team in more games. The majority of the team, including Payne, took those opportunities. Sweat chose not to, and his production suffered.

Montez missed games with Chase Young and neither of them seemed irreplaceable compared to their backups, which is not a compliment to the backups. Daron Payne never balked at doing what was necessary to compete and was an important factor in every single game he played, missing 1 single game in his entire career. Payne is nearer to irreplaceable than Sweat is IMO.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

5 sacks in 10 games does not average out to 10 sacks in 17 games. That he didn't get more was directly related to his personal choices, two of which weight heavily in my view of him. The first was skipping offseason workouts with Chase Young. The second was his poor excuse for passing up the vaccine that would have allowed him to rejoin the team sooner after being infected. I'm not interested in rehashing the vaccine talks again a season later, but the takeaway is that he had multiple opportunities to better himself and allow himself to play for the team in more games. The majority of the team, including Payne, took those opportunities. Sweat chose not to, and his production suffered.

Montez missed games with Chase Young and neither of them seemed irreplaceable compared to their backups, which is not a compliment to the backups. Daron Payne never balked at doing what was necessary to compete and was an important factor in every single game he played, missing 1 single game in his entire career. Payne is nearer to irreplaceable than Sweat is IMO.

Brother, I am taking the high road.  That's me.  I believe in Sweat.  I guess we have our opinions.  Respectfully.  :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Brother, I am taking the high road.  That's me.  I believe in Sweat.  I guess we have our opinions.  Respectfully.  :)  

I’m in the camp that Payne is more important than Sweat. I’m looking at it strictly from a performance point. Sure Montez is a good player but he still hasn’t flashed as a player offenses have to game plan for. Will he ever become a Von Miller or even a Clowney type? I highly doubt it. He may get us double digit sacks occasionally but does that mean we should sign him to a $20 mil deal? Clowney has played the last 2 years on a one year around $11 mill per deals. 

We need to let go of someone on the line and Sweat would be my choice. Most teams have one great pass rusher and Chase is probably gonna be that guy. Bring in and rotate some young hungry defensive ends. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I’m in the camp that Payne is more important than Sweat. I’m looking at it strictly from a performance point. Sure Montez is a good player but he still hasn’t flashed as a player offenses have to game plan for. Will he ever become a Von Miller or even a Clowney type? I highly doubt it. He may get us double digit sacks occasionally but does that mean we should sign him to a $20 mil deal? Clowney has played the last 2 years on a one year around $11 mill per deals. 

We need to let go of someone on the line and Sweat would be my choice. Most teams have one great pass rusher and Chase is probably gonna be that guy. Bring in and rotate some young hungry defensive ends. 

Nah....Montez is the guy.  I really like Payne but we had Settle and Ion on the team that could have been decent replacements.  We don't have a Sweat replacement who can stop the run and still be a dynamic pass rusher.  I would extend Sweat before he puts it all together.

Clowney is a guy we could have as a replacement, but who is coming here on a bargain deal, much less on any kind of deal.  We better keep the guys who want to be here.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On Payne, what the Mathis pick told us is that what the coaching staff wants is a space eating blue collar guy who can take on multiple blockers, almost a Joe Salavea type. Payne is not that and is miscast doing that.

Payne should go to another team where he can play the same role Allen plays here because he has the ability to do that. The last year Cooley was doing film breakdowns he noted that there were a number of times Payne was doing the Allen role and Allen was doing what was seen as the Payne role

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I'm thinking to sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Washington Redskin/Commander

The title of the article is intentionally vague. He hasn't signed with the team. He bought a house in Ashburn.

32 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Just so you guys know (in case you didn't), I'm pretty sure the dolphin noise in the McKissic video is to bleep out profanity--probably said by fans...they do the same thing on Spongebob lol...

And on other WFT videos…

Sorry, not trying to derail from the dolphin sex.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dexter said:

Nah....Montez is the guy.  I really like Payne but we had Settle and Ion on the team that could have been decent replacements.  We don't have a Sweat replacement who can stop the run and still be a dynamic pass rusher.  I would extend Sweat before he puts it all together.

Clowney is a guy we could have as a replacement, but who is coming here on a bargain deal, much less on any kind of deal.  We better keep the guys who want to be here.  

If Settle and Loannidis were viable replacements for Payne they would have played more snaps. Settle played less than 20% of total defensive snaps last year. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Dexter said:

I really like Payne but we had Settle and Ion on the team that could have been decent replacements.

Except that’s not true.  Settle never played.  They don’t love MI and he didn’t like them, but Settle still couldn’t challenge for playing time.  

MI was resistant to the techniques and scheme. This was very openly reported.  

I’m going to quote the only thing Doc says which actually makes sense:

What have you won with them?  Nothing.  So why are they so important ?

And they drafted MI’s replacement.  So there are probably 50 Settles looking for jobs who can play 10% of snaps when needed.

Personally, I would keep Payne over Sweat if you can’t keep both because it seems like the combination of Sweat and Young leads to amplified immaturity.

I might trade Sweat next year and being in another vet to play opposite Young who has the maturity and can help mentor him a bit.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, markmills67 said:

If Settle and Loannidis were viable replacements for Payne they would have played more snaps. Settle played less than 20% of total defensive snaps last year. 

In fairness, MI played 50%+ of snaps.  

But he was expensive and not fully bought in.  

So they released him, drafted a guy who they think fits better and away we go.

Settle… I mean, if he couldn’t beat out MI, that tells you what he is: a good low-end rotational guy.  But there are a lot of good low-end rotational guys.  You don’t get worked up around low-end rotational guys.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I might trade Sweat next year and being in another vet to play opposite Young who has the maturity and can help mentor him a bit.  

As a pure player-talent I am much more intrigued with Sweat over Payne.  But his immaturity does worry me some.

I do think though if you want to trade someone like Sweat you do it earlier than later.  It's a point that the PFF cap guy made on Standig's show in the context of Payne which is trade the player when his contract is still cheap and has room to breath -- like 2 years, etc.  That's the type of contracts that teams will give up more for in trades.

I know some agree with me on this and some vehemently don't which is that the money and the length of the contract actually does influence trade value.  The PFF cap guy basically doubled down on that point.  I don't really get the pushback I get on the point aside from thinking about baseball deals/contracts.  In baseball the length of what's left in the contract often isn't much of a plot line.

But the difference in football is two fold.  A.  Draft picks are gold -- cheap talent.   B.  Cap is king in the NFL.   Having a dude for lets say 10 million less on the cap translates to having 2 players for the price of 1. 

We talked about this plenty on the Trent thread when if they trade him that season, the acquiring team could have Trent at cheaper deal for two seasons versus 1.   Many of us said (as did some in the media) Trent's value will diminish in the off season for two reasons.  1.  the leverage is gone because now you got FA and the draft as other options.  2.  The acquiring team would have Trent at a reasonable price for only one year as opposed to two.  So no it didn't shock me and some others that the trade offers they had in season became much weaker in that off season.  Dummy Bruce didn't see it coming.  But it was logical as heck that it went down that way.

@Thinking Skins mentioned recently how he likes that the Patriots trade assets a little early as opposed to too late and he likes that.  I agree.   The time to trade Payne, I agree with the PFF guy on this was last off season, not this off season.  Some seem shocked about the rumors (Standig) about them not potentially being able to land more than a 3rd round pick and some question about even a third.  It doesn't sound nuts to me.  This year you got him for 8 million guaranteed and in a FA year where you already know the player wants a big contract.  That's night and day versus having Payne cheap for two years and then having to worry about the pay bump. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I agree with you. Montez will be making $11mil next year. I would prefer to bring in a vet for around $5/6 mil per year with some rotational guys. 

Look at the Browns. They pay a ton for Garrett and Clowney but their defense was ranked 14 last year. Meanwhile the Bills had the number one defense last year and I bet many couldn’t even name some players on their defensive line. 

10 hours ago, skinny21 said:

And on other WFT videos…

Sorry, not trying to derail from the dolphin sex.

Keep your fins off my freedom! Those...shiny...slippery fins...I gotta...go do ocean stuff!

• Haha 1