Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Are you guys comfortable with the receiving corps as currently constituted.  I actually am and I really want Kyami to take that next step.  I really like the move Indy made by hiring R. Wayne to be the WR coach.  Does anyone know who the commanders WR coach is?  

If we can sign Carter and Samuel is healthy, and Dyami can take a step, its a solid group.  Still love me some C. Watkins, but we are not drafting a WR before the 4th if that.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Are you guys comfortable with the receiving corps as currently constituted.  I actually am and I really want Kyami to take that next step.  I really like the move Indy made by hiring R. Wayne to be the WR coach.  Does anyone know who the commanders WR coach is?  

If we can sign Carter and Samuel is healthy, and Dyami can take a step, its a solid group.  Still love me some C. Watkins, but we are not drafting a WR before the 4th if that.

What do you guys think?

I think counting on Samuel to produce anything at all is a mistake, and Dyami Brown was a dissapointment. Humphries and Carter aren't worth much more than vet min deals and should probably be relegated to depth.

They don't have a lot, aside from Terry. I say the biggest needs currently are MLB and WR, personally. If they go into the next season with this group and a day 2 rookie at WR, they are gonna regret it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Bobby Wagner would really free up our draft. He’s exactly what’s been missing on our defense for 2 years. I have a hard time seeing Rivera not wanting him. I’m holding out hope. 

He would be perfect for us right now:

- MLB is a huge need, and Wagner is elite

- a veteran leader, especially in the middle of the defense, would be huge for us.  I love Allen as a leader, but after his spat with Payne, it would be so valuable to have a Wagner there to steer the ship right back on course in moments like that.  I love chase young as a player and his potential, but I'd prefer our leaders have more of a pedigree, not promise or potential. We have a lot of young talent, let's get the older vet to lead them.

- has been a winner - played in 2 super bowls with 1 ring.  Many playoff appearances over the years.

- high character

- durable - has missed 9 games during his 10 year career

- not in the comp pick formula

He is a must get.  I'm happy with the Wentz deal even though I feel they overpaid.  Similar thoughts on Wagner, make an aggressive offer, and who cares if people feel you overpay, it would be such a huge addition, it'd be worth it.  That's the type of move where restructuring Wentz is a no brainer so you can make it happen.  Let's go Riverboat!!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sebestian said:

What do you guys think?

I’ve wanted Valdes-Scantling brought in, he’s still unsigned I believe. I dread to think what the cost may be though. More than likely prohibitive now. The Jags took the top of that WR market.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Von Miller to the pukes being heavily rumored.

Trying to make up for losing Gregory at the last second. Sounds like they had him but then kept "Nickle and diming him" after they agreed until they one too many changes. Sounds liek Bruce move lol. 

Miller's numbers have been down the last 2 seasons. Still good, but not sure he will be worth what it will take to sign him. 

• Like 2

If jags are trying to move shenault, that seems suspicious.  He is dynamic and versatile, on a rookie contract for 2 more years, and can help Lawrence's development.  I know he was suspended a couple times in college, but that could be nothing - just a young kid making young kid mistakes.  I haven't heard anything negative about him, but I don't understand why they'd look to move on from him.  But if we do our homework and there are no red flags, I'll take him!  Would they take a 4th and a 6th?

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've heard Standig and Keim both reference they think they are bringing a RB to help Gibson.  If they are right, they will either sign a FA or draft a dude.  But according to them a RB is on the agenda.  Sounds like more of a 1b type to Gibson being 1a.  I presume a RB who can play power to add a dimension to Gibson's strength which IMO is more zone.

1a 1b, that's the phrasing I was looking for, thank you!

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ve wanted Valdes-Scantling brought in, he’s still unsigned I believe. I dread to think what the cost may be though. More than likely prohibitive now. The Jags took the top of that WR market.

Their are Gm's around the league not very fond of Balke and the Jaguars.  What an insane deal for #2 Wideout.  Will see how he does when he is the focal point of the game plan.  

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

If jags are trying to move shenault, that seems suspicious.  He is dynamic and versatile, on a rookie contract for 2 more years, and can help Lawrence's development.  I know he was suspended a couple times in college, but that could be nothing - just a young kid making young kid mistakes.  I haven't heard anything negative about him, but I don't understand why they'd look to move on from him.  But if we do our homework and there are no red flags, I'll take him!  Would they take a 4th and a 6th?

Shenault's on the move? I liked him at least, again, in fantasy.  I wonder who their WR1/2 would be?

There are a fair few good receivers out there. James Washington, JuJu (needs to rebound) Fuller, Landry now, MVS, Robinson amongst others. Maybe the draft is too good.

Do we all think that we are going with Flowers and Schweitzer as starting guards now, sure seems that way at present. Look light to me on OL. Get Lucas back in the fold on the outside.

J.D. McKissic is headed to Buffalo after Washington let the RB test free agency. That much is apparent. However, the Commanders believed their opportunity to match an offer would come. From the view of a source close to the situation, it did not.

Dum dums. 🤣

No way the Commanders could match what a team like Buffalo offered. The Bills have an elite QB and really good defense. Easy decision for JD, go play for a team that was just in a conference championship. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Adam Humphries get re-signed for cheap.  Limited catches but they always seemed like key grabs.

Almost nothing after the catch and very limited route tree (at least as used last year). We need more from the slot role.

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

There are a fair few good receivers out there. James Washington, JuJu (needs to rebound) Fuller, Landry now, MVS, Robinson amongst others. Maybe the draft is too good.

Do we all think that we are going with Flowers and Schweitzer as starting guards now, sure seems that way at present. Look light to me on OL. Get Lucas back in the fold on the outside.

Starting line is set. Leno, Flowers, Roullier, Schweitzer, Cosmi. That’s an excellent starting 5.

But we lack depth. Need a swing tackle and depth at both center and guard.

• Like 4

It's a little frustrating to hear Bobby McCain quoted how he was told they wanted him back, but then a Washington source is quoted in the mckissick blurb about being surprised they didn't have an option to match.  Just like they did with mccain, I'm not sure why they didn't clearly state that they wanted JD back and would be willing to match an offer even if they were going to let him test the market.