Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

I really liked Glowinski or Daniels as RG options. Contracts were hardly ground breaking. 

Overall I’m not that pissed about it so far, the last day or so has emphasised the need to draft well, some of these deals are ridiculous. We need more draft picks.

I wouldn’t have given JD 4mil per year either  Did he have more that 300 rushing yards. Great receiving back, but I’d sooner draft one that excels at both.

Got to get a vet LB in though plus FS looks a major concern unless we did get the HB. 

Are we going for a top WR ? Don’t know. Maybe we really are siting out until wave 2/3.

• Like 1

I have no problem with what is going on. 

Carson Wentz Saga:He was gonna get cut anyway…or Colts should have picked up some of his money. Look if Wentz was cut who says he wasn’t going to Steelers, Saints, Panthers. Who all have better situations then us. It cost a bunch but Watson wasn’t coming here, so he may have actually be the next best option.

Last year free agency we were winners. Look where that got us. Samuel and Jackson cost us a bunch of money this off-season with zero to show for it.

Stay back, get the few comp picks, Possibly 3-4 and Scherff comp may cover for Part of Wentz trade. Sign a bunch of after June 1st guys that don’t count against comp pick. It’s bargain shopping but we did it the first off-season with Darby, Mcckissic and so on. Panthers organization during Ron years showed they drafted well and signed poorly. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

I'm not really sure what people are expecting but we only have just over 5mil to spend and we'll still need to sign all our rookies.  We will get a few free agents at some point but unlikely to get any big names due to no money.  

I think they can make multiple moves to generate cap space, but perhaps aren’t doing so because they don’t want to show their hand in negotiations

If not and we run with this as a roster that burns our whole cap space, then that’s genuinely miserable, look at the roster

Edited by BrentMeisterGeneral
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

I'm not really sure what people are expecting but we only have just over 5mil to spend and we'll still need to sign all our rookies.  We will get a few free agents at some point but unlikely to get any big names due to no money.  

That’s awful if 5 million is all we have. All that salary to win 7 games a year.

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

I don't think we'd miss McKissic because Wentz doesn't hardly ever throw to his backs.  I think we'd be massively frustrated if McKissic comes back and we watch him get overlooked by Wentz game after game while we're paying both those players all that money.  Let McKissic go and draft a promising blue chip WR in the fist two rounds.  Gotta conform to Wentz's game a bit here and maximize options in what he likes to do.

RBs were Wentz #2 and #3 receiver last year. Pittman, Taylor and then Hines. 2020 they were down the list but in 2019 RB was #3 behind 2 TEs. So not sure it is hom or more the game plans. 

34 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Kyren Williams from Notre Dame in the draft would be a replacement and possibly upgrade on McKissic. Great in pass pro, very good hands and a natural receiver who can also provide some first and second down carries.

He absolutely fell apart in the combine. He might go updrafted at this point.

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I love McKissic as a player but from a value standpoint, it doesn't make any sense to me to pay 3.5-4MM per season for him. 

Maybe but, he’s one of the best weapons in the NFL. Makes sense for him to leave but makes no sense for us to not keep him.  

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Maybe but, he’s one of the best weapons in the NFL. Makes sense for him to leave nut makes no sense for us to not keep him.  

I like him, but one of the best weapons in the league?  I dunno, 31 teams didn't think so moving forward.  He's getting 4 a year, top weapons make five times that, you know?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I like him, but one of the best weapons in the league?  I dunno, 31 teams didn't think so moving forward.  He's getting 4 a year, top weapons make five times that, you know?

Yeah agree. We need to draft someone to pair with Gibson on a nice and friendly 4 year 3mil rookie deal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

RBs were Wentz #2 and #3 receiver last year. Pittman, Taylor and then Hines. 2020 they were down the list but in 2019 RB was #3 behind 2 TEs. So not sure it is hom or more the game plans. 

Well didn't they lose Ty Hilton for most of the year?  Prob added to RB passes but yeah I liked how McKissic stepped up when Gibby was hurt or fumbling (or both).  

Pardon my ignorance but didn't every team get an extra $20ish M with new cap ceiling and weren't we in top 5 or 10 in cap room before that?  How could one contract zap it all away?

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah agree. We need to draft someone to pair with Gibson on a nice and friendly 4 year 3mil rookie deal.

@KDawg talked all season about Gibson not being a bell cow. I've got Gibson on fantasy so I don't like the idea of that, but it still does make sense.  I don't know if we need another McKissic/Chris Thompson or a Betts to Gibson's Portis.  Unless I'm not understanding anything which is a REALLY likely outcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Wonder if they were concerned about McKissic's neck injury, age or they can go get a guy in the draft.  

That type of foresight would come from a team that plays chess (as the saying goes). Do we seem like a team that plays chess. 

• Like 1