Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK
Message added by TK,

238171562_ScreenShot2022-01-02at3_49_55PM.thumb.png.173f23c1dd180a90b4d76545c9a7f3b0.png

30 minutes ago, zskins said:

We are still picking 9 currently. 

I think we moved to 8 since the Bears beat the Giants.

Edit: My bad. Seems Chicago is lower in the standings so yes your right we are still at 9.

Edited by BleedBNG

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

When was that, the first half of the Chargers game at best?  That's when we lost our starting QB. Most teams their season is over when that happens, full stop. 

The starting QB who was a journeyman?

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Heinike is a below average NFL QB with a below average arm. No amount of delusion is going to change that. 

Agreed but can't place this loss strictly on his shoulders. he played to his abilities, which are not enough. But other parts of the team did not show up. The Oline pro had thier worst game of the season. Taylor was running for his life most every play. Didn't see him having much time. Contrast that with the Dline was jsut as pitiful. At least they had some moments. 

But we can't ignore how short handed the team is and has been. I know everyone has to deal with injuries and stuff but very few are really that successful. Most struggle like we have. 

The biggest problem with his last 3 gms is we now have no options during the offseason,. They need an all out full press to get a QB - one that has a legitimate chance. I would definitely put Allen in next week to help move the #2 competition along. One of them needs to be gone next year. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Play calling was dictated by missing half your starters and half their backups. He called a decent game with who was on the field. You can't throw bombs every play. You can't roll out every play. At some point the players have to execute. they do not have the horses to make plays. It's that simple. 

Scott never adjusted to Philly's adjustments.  He kept running the same stuff all game.  Our players were doing just fine to open the game.  You can't make the excuse that we didn't have the horses; they were running the scheme very well.  Turner's track record is not being able to adjust.  Just like Gruden.   B. Mitch was just talking about this same thing on Postgame Live. The coordinator is a big part of the problem.  Today proved it wasn't all player-related.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I would definitely put Allen in next week to help move the #2 competition along. One of them needs to be gone next year. 

I don't think anything useful will be gleaned from evaluating next week's game in ANY capacity. 

Edited by Dissident2

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

.500 and the NFC 6th seed, beat the reigning champs 

Sure, "bad" 

Look at the number of upsets in the NFL that happened week in week out.  The Jets and Houston and Detroit all upset better teams. Hey - it was a nice victory.  Doesn't make WFT good. At 1-6 I'd go so far as to say bad.

Edited by Csup

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Ron never adjusted to Philly's adjustments.  He kept running the same stuff all game.  Our players were doing just fine to open the game.  You can't make the excuse that we didn't have the horses; they were running the scheme very well.  Turner's track record is not being able to adjust.  Just like Gruden.   B. Mitch was just talking about this same thing on Postgame Live. The coordinator is a big part of the problem.  Today proved it wasn't all player-related.

Better than Gruden who didn't even seem to know the meaning to adjust, but yeah, you need be able to adjust constantly. 

2 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Still could make throws that Heineke cannot.

Sucks that we didn't get to ride the Fitzcoaster at all this year.

Don't get me wrong - would have loved to see what would have happened.  Just don't think it would have changed the equation much.

10 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

1. making a straw man, cute.  
2. an above average NFL QB 

3.  you hate the guy

1. Methinks you don’t understand the definition of a “straw man argument”

2.  How so?  Nominally interested. 
3.  Stop, nobody hates the guy.  Grow up and realize the difference between honest assessment/opinion and actual hate.  There’s already too much real hate to throw the term around so casually.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

Just now, Csup said:

Don't get me wrong - would have loved to see what would have happened.  Just don't think it would have changed the equation much.

It's tough to say, I think that we would have had an offense that could atleast not be one dimensional.

As far as wins it's possible we would have won one or two close ones. But in the grand scheme it leaves us in the same position of not having a solution at QB going forward.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Maybe this was for the best, because even if we had won, we undoubtedly would've either lost to the Giants, or the Eagles would've beat the Cowboys next week.

Speaking of the Giants game.....I have no idea why, but I'll idiotically tune into that one as well. An unfortunate habit. m

I’ll watch until the season ends.  Not sure what that says about me though.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh Lord, do we need to bump the Fitz thread to go back over these talking points? Apparently. 

Hey man you do you.  If this helps you get through the off-season that's cool.   

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Agreed but can't place this loss strictly on his shoulders. he played to his abilities, which are not enough. But other parts of the team did not show up. The Oline pro had thier worst game of the season. Taylor was running for his life most every play. Didn't see him having much time. Contrast that with the Dline was jsut as pitiful. At least they had some moments. 

But we can't ignore how short handed the team is and has been. I know everyone has to deal with injuries and stuff but very few are really that successful. Most struggle like we have. 

The biggest problem with his last 3 gms is we now have no options during the offseason,. They need an all out full press to get a QB - one that has a legitimate chance. I would definitely put Allen in next week to help move the #2 competition along. One of them needs to be gone next year. 

I think we need to do everything in our power to lose next weeks game. We can get to pick 7. That would all but guarantee us either Picket or Corral most likely. 

2 minutes ago, The Rook said:

As posters are talking about draft position, I'm really curious: 

What, from last year's draft, gives anyone the confidence that this brain trust will make the "solid" picks? (especially QB)

:229:The Rook

Nothing. But you have to start taking shots at the QB position. I dont care if they have to pick one every two years until they find the guy. 

• Like 2