Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder doesn’t care about winning

Birdlives

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He wants to win. He’s trying his absolute best to win. He just sucks. That’s why his absolute best is so goddamn pathetic.

Generally speaking, yes.

However, he's constantly pointing the finger everywhere but himself when all signs point to him as the weak link.  Making it difficult for me to consider what he's done to be 'his absolute best'.  How hard is it, after 2 decades plus, to see that the common denominator in being a perennial loser of an organization is him?

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Generally speaking, yes.

However, he's constantly pointing the finger everywhere but himself when all signs point to him as the weak link.  Making it difficult for me to consider what he's done to be 'his absolute best'.  How hard is it, after 2 decades plus, to see that the common denominator in being a perennial loser of an organization is him?

By all accounts, Dan is a malignant narcissist.  This renders him incapable of recognizing or accepting himself as the main problem.  His brain simply cannot process that information.

This whole experiment for him in ownership has now become a sick vendetta against everyone: Dan is going to dedicate the rest of his life to trying to win, therefore proving all the "haters" wrong.  It's no longer about being a fan to him.  It's a sick, twisted obsession that is swallowing him.  ...And the few fans that are left are tethered to him like Ahab was to the Great White Wale. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

By all accounts, Dan is a malignant narcissist.  This renders him incapable of recognizing or accepting himself as the main problem.  His brain simply cannot process that information.

This whole experiment for him in ownership has now become a sick vendetta against everyone: Dan is going to dedicate the rest of his life to trying to win, therefore proving all the "haters" wrong.  It's no longer about being a fan to him.  It's a sick, twisted obsession that is swallowing him.  ...And the few fans that are left are tethered to him like Ahab was to the Great White Wale. 

I kind of see it this way too. What' really sucks for the  fans is what we want is what he wants. The silver lining to all these lost seasons snd embarrassing defeats is he feels it worse than I do. Because I don't think there's any question he wants to win, he just doesn't know how

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I kind of see it this way too. What' really sucks for the  fans is what we want is what he wants. The silver lining to all these lost seasons snd embarrassing defeats is he feels it worse than I do. Because I don't think there's any question he wants to win, he just doesn't know how

There's no way he feels what we feel.

So much of what we feel is because of him, does he feel just as angry at himself because of his decisions for this franchise?

Show of hands for everyone thats terrible at their job but still a billionaire?  This is why they never show Dan in the press box:

zombie-land-comedy.gif.1a116c358e3aa6698fadf63023ac17c5.gif

Let's be clear, he doesn't want to win more then he wants to prove he's right. 

His pride and greed has completely destroyed his ability to think about whats actually best for this franchise and fanbase. 

If he felt as passionately about winning as the few of us that remain, we'd be winning, full stop. He has more then enough resources to do it. Its not his job to know how to do it, its his job to hire people that do and listen to them, which he refuses to do.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's no way he feels what we feel.

So much of what we feel is because of him, does he feel just as angry at himself because of his decisions for this franchise?

Show of hands for everyone thats terrible at their job but still a billionaire?  This is why they never show Dan in the press box:

zombie-land-comedy.gif.1a116c358e3aa6698fadf63023ac17c5.gif

Let's be clear, he doesn't want to win more then he wants to prove he's right. 

His pride and greed has completely destroyed his ability to think about whats actually best for this franchise and fanbase. 

If he felt as passionately about winning as the few of us that remain, we'd be winning, full stop. He has more then enough resources to do it. Its not his job to know how to do it, its his job to hire people that do and listen to them, which he refuses to do.

The last sentence is the key.  But let's back up. I firmly believe he wants to win.   One of the coaches he hired said Snyder told him in the interview that he is embarrassed at the results of his team. It's showed in his willingness to spend huge money on free agents and coaches.  So I firmly believe he wants to win and feels these losses more than we do.  But back to your last season he has at times "hired football guys and let them do their job". But then he screws it all up by marching into the draft room and ordering the Haskins pick or enabling Robert Griffin to turn on his head coach. That sort of thing has killed this franchise.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

I said if last season and I’ll say it again. Snyder needs to get on his yacht and sail the world. He needs to leave the team behind and not interfere with it in anyway. He has hired a lot of front office people to run the show. He has The Marty’s, he has Jason Wright and he has a HC with a shadow HC who can step in at anytime to run the team. He needs to get in his boat and sail far the **** away. Forever. 

15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The last sentence is the key.  But let's back up. I firmly believe he wants to win.   One of the coaches he hired said Snyder told him in the interview that he is embarrassed at the results of his team. It's showed in his willingness to spend huge money on free agents and coaches.  So I firmly believe he wants to win and feels these losses more than we do.  But back to your last season he has at times "hired football guys and let them do their job". But then he screws it all up by marching into the draft room and ordering the Haskins pick or enabling Robert Griffin to turn on his head coach. That sort of thing has killed this franchise.  

Good for him, he should be embarrassed. 

But is he angry?  Some people have given up hope and refuse to spend another dime on this franchise until hes gone, does he feel the same way?

Which coach was it? Did he change after getting rid of them, too, or jus repeate the same crap with the next coach?  He doesn't spend money like he did when he got here anymore, and thats typically used as a potshot, not a compliment, because of the typical results (Norman and DJax most recently).

Saying he wants to win is not equal to how we feel, not when nearly every single one of us is convinced we can't win a super bowl until he is gone.  Of course he doesn't feel that way, he's on a mission to prove us wrong.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Stop believing things just because he says them. "Snyder told him in the interview that he is embarrassed at the results of his team".  He lies.  Imagine if he told them he wasn't embarrassed by it, would that coach want to work for the team?  He lies and people just eat it up, take his words at face value, and say "see, that means something".  It means he wants you to think he cares, and look, it worked again.

If you go through life believing proven liers words simply because they come out of their mouth, you will live a life of bad decisions and unneeded suffering and never get a firm grasp of what is true.

• Like 3

Dan only cares that he’s the big bad owner of the Team and that he will pick the top players and he will pick the coach that will win.

If he really cared about winning; he would look at the franchises that have been most successful while he owned the team and emulate that.

Philly, Green Bay, New Orleans, Seattle, Kansas City, Indy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England are the teams that have had the most consistent success while Dan has been owner. All of them have won at least one Super Bowl while Dan has been owner. Take a look at what made those teams work and copy that but Dan’s ego won’t let him. He personally has to have a role. Yeah Rivera temporarily is running things but watch Dan creep back in; maybe as soon as 22.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

Snyder likes to pick our QB's and HC's. That's it. He hasn't a clue about any other positions and leaves those to others. The only time he hasn't interfered was during Gibbs II. He'll take suggestions on who to get at QB in free agency from past coaches. Except for when he wanted Jeff George of course. I have a feeling his little stint in choosing QB's in the first round in the draft is over and starts with Martin Mayhew. Our next QB in the first round will be selected by MM and Co. I only hope that our selection for the next HC will be from our GM. It may take us the next 4 or 5 years to get back to being a top 10 team, but we'll get there. Either that or Snyder is one who continuously enjoys his football failures.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:23 PM, Renegade7 said:

The peoples champion...

A self-made DOUCHE and an ASSCLOWN at heart, Dan Snyder's life is marked by an enduring CONTEMPT for the people, the team and the community he DUMPS ON.

Growing up in the D.C. area and attending Washington Football (then named the RACISTS) games with his father, Gerald, his youth and young adulthood were shaped and inspired his DESTRUCTION OF the team. Snyder has put his passion into action since FRAUDULENTLY purchasing the team in 1999, consistently leading the franchise to new HUMILIATION in the community, the business world and the National Football League. Under his leadership, the team has WASTED millions of dollars for POINTLESS efforts and maintained its place AS THE DOORMAT of the world's most valuable sports franchises.

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

The worst part is that his whole self worth is based on owning this franchise. If he had another legitimate source of income (say owning Walmart or Target etc) we’d maybe have a chance of him moving on from this franchise, but sadly as far as owners go - he’s bottom of the barrel and will cling on since he has nothing else. We’re screwed.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Snyder likes to pick our QB's and HC's. That's it. He hasn't a clue about any other positions and leaves those to others. The only time he hasn't interfered was during Gibbs II. He'll take suggestions on who to get at QB in free agency from past coaches. Except for when he wanted Jeff George of course. I have a feeling his little stint in choosing QB's in the first round in the draft is over and starts with Martin Mayhew. Our next QB in the first round will be selected by MM and Co. I only hope that our selection for the next HC will be from our GM. It may take us the next 4 or 5 years to get back to being a top 10 team, but we'll get there. Either that or Snyder is one who continuously enjoys his football failures.

Dan will never have success. 

When he ultimately fires Ron in a year or two; he will fire everyone Ron hired.

• Like 1

Just read the Danny profile in this thread.  The word "leadership" is contained within his profile.  It needs to be deleted asap.  He knows nothing about leadership whatsoever.

Even if the NFL forced him to attend 6 months of Executive Business Leadership seminars from Harvard or some other institution on the 7th month he would

leave those classes and revert right back to his autocratic leadership style which has served him so badly over the last twenty years.

• Like 1